- Comparison Chart: Best Electric Grills of 2020
- 1. George Foreman 15 Serving Indoor and Outdoor Electric Grill
- 2. Hamilton Beach Electric Smokeless Indoor and Searing Grill
- 3. Char-Broiled TRU Infrared Electric Patio Bistro
- 4. Weber Q1400 Electric Grill
- 5. George Foreman Grill and Broil Electric Grill
- 6. Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
- 7. Elite Gourmet EMG-980B Indoor Grill
- 8. Magicook Electric Reversible Grill Griddle
- 9. Livart LV-982 Electric Barbeque Grill
- 10. Power Smokeless Grill with Extractor Technology
- A Complete Buying Guide for Electric Grills
- Types of Electric Grills on the Market
- Disadvantages of Using Electric Vs. Regular
- The Benefits of Using an Electric Grill
- What Factors to Consider When Buying an Electric Grill?
- How to Maximize Health Benefits of an Electric Grill?
With an electric grill, there is no need to purchase charcoal or propane. All you need to do is plug the unit into an electrical outlet, and it begins to heat up. They can be used indoors and outdoors which allows you to have grilled meals year-round. They are easy to clean and do not require a large amount of storage space. Here are the top 10 electric grills available for you to consider:
Comparison Chart: Best Electric Grills of 2020
In our comparison table, you will find some basic information about all the indoor and outdoor grills that are further down in our review section. We’ve ranked them from top to bottom based on their overall features and followed this same order in the reviews to make it easy for you to reference.
|Product||Adj. Temp Control||Weight||Power|
|George Foreman||Yes||21 lbs||1600 W|
|Hamilton Beach||Yes||8.14 lbs||1200 W|
|Char-Broil TRU Infrared||Yes||54 lbs||1750 W|
|Weber Q1400||Yes||29.4 lbs||1560 W|
|George Foreman 7-in-1||Yes||17.95 lbs||-|
|Zojirushi Eb-CC15||Yes||1.03 lbs||1300 W|
|Elite Platinum EMG-980B||Yes||6 lbs||1400 W|
|Magicook Reversible Grill||Yes||6.77 lbs||1700 W|
|Power Smokeless w/ Glass Lid||Yes||18.35 lbs||1500 W|
This Foreman electric grill has a non-stick surface and can prepare food for up to 15 people at a time. The unit has a five-heat setting adjustable temperature control feature and does not require charcoal or propane because it’s operated with electricity.
You can prepare poultry, meat, seafood and vegetables on this unit without flare-ups. The GGR50B has a patented fat removing slope which takes grease away from your food while it cooks. There is also a removable grill plate that helps you clean the unit without hassle.
With this grill, your food is cook evenly, and the excess fat is removed. There is a safe drip tray that holds excess fat until you are ready to drain the grease. The unit heats up within 10 minutes, and the vented lid keeps heat maintained and circulated within the unit.
This is the best outdoor electric grill for the money and weighs 21 pounds & is 22.2 x 20.5 x 13 inches in size. It comes with a user manual, product warranty and is reasonably priced. This unit is not difficult to clean and has thousands of positive customer reviews.
The Hamilton Beach 25360 can cook meals for up to six people and has adjustable temperature controls. You can sear meats and simmer vegetables on this unit, and the hood keeps heat in which improves the flavour of your food.
Since this is an electric BBQ grill, you can use it in your kitchen. It has a large drip tray to catch accumulated grease and easy clean-up features, and the cover is removable and hands washable. Besides this, it also features a non-stick surface, and a lift handle to make sure your hands and fingers are not burnt when cooking.
With the heat control function, you can monitor your foods cooking time and not worrying about overcooking meals. The grill weighs 8.14 pounds and is 12.4 x 16.7 x 6.8 inches in size. It comes with a user guide, product warranty and has excellent customer reviews.
A Char Broil barbecue grill provides you with perfectly prepared meals that are tasty and flavourful. Its grates are porcelain coated, made of cast iron and are resist rust. With a fewer flare-ups, it can deliver an even level of heat that ensures your food is cooked thoroughly.
This infrared product has two side shelves that provide you with extra space for cooking meals and can fold down when not in use. It has a control knob on the front, so you can adjust the temperature and a storage rack to hold utensils.
We also love the two wheels and cord management system. It weighs 54 pounds and is 25.6 x 39.8 x 39.8 inches in size. The unit has an affordable price and comes with a user manual and product warranty.
This Weber grill can fit on your countertop and has a cast aluminium body and lid. The grates are porcelain enamelled and made of durable cast iron. You can place a pan underneath the unit to collect grease and remove it once full.
The unit has a 6-foot cord that plugs up easy to plug into an electrical outlet. There is a control knob in the front of the grill for controlling temperature and heat settings. Its frame is sturdy and consists of a glass reinforced nylon material that is hard to break.
When you use the Q1400 electric grill, your food is flavourful and tasty. It weighs 30.1 pounds and is 20.5 x 27 x 23.5 inches in size. The price is a bit higher than its competitors, but customers are satisfied with the product. It comes with a warranty and user manual to help with installation. Under mid-range price, it’s an excellent choice on the market.
With this George Foreman, you get a variety of features. You can grill, broil, griddle and bake with this unit. It also allows you to Panini press and top melt your favourite meals. The plates are removable, and it has a ceramic non-stick coating surface. You can use temperature controls that are located on top of the lid to ensure your meals are cooked just right.
The countertop grill also has an infrared heating element for broiling and caramelization. It weighs 11.95 pounds and is one of the best mini electric grills for many types of foods.
Its removable plates are safe for use in the dishwasher, and the price is quite affordable. In a short span of time, it has received many positive views by thrilled customers and comes with a solid product warranty.
Zojirushi engineered an indoor electric grill that cooks steaks, chicken, fish, burgers and vegetables. It uses a non-stick grilling surface that allows your food to be released quickly. With a variety of heat settings and control knobs, it stays cool during usage.
This unit has a drip pan underneath it, so you can remove excess grease when it is full. There is also a removable ceramic plate that is dishwasher safe. The two handles on the side of the grill make it easy to transport, and fits conveniently onto your countertop.
You’ll love how lightweight it is at 1.03 pounds. Many customers are satisfied and recommend it for use to others. It comes with a user manual and product warranty.
7. Elite Gourmet EMG-980B Indoor Grill
With this Elite Gourmet, you can cook meat and vegetables on your countertop. It is a small unit that is used to cook servings for up to two people. This unit is a preferred choice for those with little time to cook but want flavour of a grilled food.
This grill features a control knob for managing cooking temperature, and a lid to keep the heat evenly distributed. Since the dishpan is removable, it lessens cleaning time and is dishwasher safe. It brings grilling indoors and is easy to store with a detachable cord.
That being said, it weighs 6 pounds and is 17.2 x 17 x 4.1 inches in size. There is a product warranty, and it is extremely affordable for what it provides. The grill has received plenty of positive reviews and comes in two sizes.
Magicook has developed a reversible electric grill griddle that is perfect for use indoors and outdoors. Once you place your food on this unit, your food is cooked evenly and thoroughly. It is a smokeless product that provides you with flavourful and tasty meals.
With two plates, you have the option to grill meats or prepare pancakes and stir-fry. It has five temperature settings, and the detachable controller is located on the side of the unit. The surface is made of cast iron and has a non-stick coating which makes cleaning simple.
The griddle weighs 6.77 pounds and is 19.7 x 13.8 x 2.8 inches size and comes with a product warranty. The price is extremely reasonable and it has received hundreds of outstanding reviews.
9. Livart LV-982 Electric Barbeque Grill
The Livart offers simple features and is recommended for Yakitori cooking. It has an adjustable height and detachable stainless-steel grill. It heats up quickly and distributes an even amount of heat that leaves you with tasty food.
This electric BBQ grill weighs 6 pounds and is 15.4 x 8.3 x 5.1 inches in size. It has a bottom tray to drain grease and oil and comes with a manufacturer’s warranty. The price is reasonable for its features, and it is our favorite electric grill for preparing Yakitori meals.
This smokeless electric grill has a tempered glass lid and turbo speed smoke extractor technology. The plates are made of ceramic and have a non-stick coating that allows your food to be released easily.
It can be used for outdoor and indoor grilling and has a compact size that fits well on your patio or countertop. The small unit has the capacity to cook up several types of meats and vegetables simultaneously.
Its plates are removable, and there is a grease pan that collects oils underneath. You can clean it in the dishwasher, and it takes up little storage space. It weighs 15.4 pounds and is 21 x 15.4 x 8.1 inches in size. The power grill comes with a product warranty and has received positive customer reviews.
A Complete Buying Guide for Electric Grills
An electric grill is a better way to cook your meats and vegetables.
You do no use charcoal and gas with these units, and they are eco-friendlier.
They do not flare-ups like the typical grills, and you have better control over temperature and heat.
These units provide you with a more stable and efficient cooking environment.
Types of Electric Grills on the Market
There are four types of electric grills available on the market right now, however indoor and outdoor grills are among the most popular options. If you haven’t checked them for a while, you will be surprised to see the number of options and features currently available.
- Outdoor Electric Grill
- Indoor Electric Grill
- Electric Griddles
- Electric Smoker
Let’s check out each type in further detail.
1. Outdoor Electric Grill
It is very much similar to traditional propane or charcoal grills. The difference lies in the fact that it must have access to electricity to plug in, since it uses electricity to heat up the plates. It does not require as much effort to prepare food when compared to charcoal grills. It helps you save significant amount of money which is otherwise spent on other close alternatives. The outdoor electric grills are super environment friendly and easier to clean after cooking.
2. Indoor Electric Grills
These units are specifically designed for cooking indoors. It is ideal for small apartments where condos might forbid you to use a regular grill to avoid any health or fire hazards. In addition, it is perfect for areas that experience extremely hot or cold weather which makes it quite challenging to plan any outdoor activities. There are many large and small models available according to customer requirements. Unlike traditional options, the indoor electric unit does not generate smoke. In short, it is best-suited for anyone who loves grilling and wants to prepare food quickly on routine basis.
3. Electric Griddles
Electric griddles are smooth and flat in design. They don’t have any raised portion in the pan that enables excess fat to drain out quickly. Apart from grilling, these are famous to cook other types of food as well. You can easily make pancakes, eggs, toasts and similar varieties of food on them. That said, these items are fairly difficult to make on other types of grills. If you plan to make lots of breakfasts or veggies on daily basis, then you should definitely buy an electric griddle rather than a regular grilling appliance.
4. Electric Smoker
Electric smoker focuses to improve flavor of food by cooking it at much slower pace. Ideally the more time you give the machine to cook meat, the more flavor you add to it. This type of grill is available in two categories: a small outdoor smoker and considerably large one that carries the capacity to hold large quantities of food. The price of each product varies based on the size and type you choose. You need to consider all important factors, such as cooking time, cleaning time and number of servings before you hit the buy button. The non-stick coating, indicator light and proper drainage system are some of the key features you should look for.
Here are some of most sought-after features:
- Reversible Plates: This unit has a plate with a grill and flat side. It allows you to grill on one side and cook on the other.
- Grease Drainage: The excess fat and oils are drawn out and into a pan that is removed when it becomes full.
- Non-Stick Coating: A protective shield that does not allow your food to stick to the plates and helps with cleaning up.
- Temperature Control: This feature allows you to manage the heat and cooking time for your food. It prevents burning and overcooking.
- Infrared Technology: An innovative form of cooking technology that thoroughly cooks your food from the inside out.
Disadvantages of Using Electric Vs. Regular
The electric grills are definitely safer to use; however, they do come with few disadvantages. Let’s discuss them in detail below:
- They may not become as hot as compared to their traditional counterparts. Therefore, you may not have equivalent temperature at all areas of your appliance when cooking food.
- The smaller size may not be enough to accommodate and manage larger number of servings. Majority of grills are smaller in size, so it’s a good idea to check its food cooking capacity before making a final pick. As a rule of thumb, any electric grill with at least five persons feeding capacity in one-go is a good buy.
- Some of the units are rather complicated and difficult to clean at times. Do check if your chosen model is equipped with non-stick coating to avoid the hassle of stubborn washing. This becomes especially important for meat grilling as it’s prone to emit grease like substance that sticks with your appliance. To address this issue, many manufacturers have introduced removable plates to wash it easily inside dishwasher.
The Benefits of Using an Electric Grill
Electric grills are considered as one of the best modern inventions that brought massive revolution in cooking techniques today. They strive to deliver a variety of benefits compared to other traditional products. Since an electric product does not require you to use charcoal or gas, it can lessen your cooking time. Once you prep your food, just place it on the hot unit. Your food is cooked thoroughly and has the flavour and taste you want. You grill your meals with reduced maintenance and faster with a high quality electric grill.
- Cost Effective – Electric grilling is a better cost-effective option as compared to its predecessors. Traditional gas or charcoal unit often serves as an expensive option since you need to change gas cylinders or it may add up to your expenses with soaring costs of charcoal. These costs may end up in large values if you love to cook grilled food all the time. On the other hand, using electric grill results in major money-saving as it requires minimal amount of electricity to operate.
- Time Efficient – If you ever used a gas or charcoal model, you must have realized that they are relatively difficult to use. You may need to make certain arrangements such as connecting grill to gas source or making the arrangement of charcoal, waiting and investing your time till charcoals are heated up and ready to be used for grilling. Comparatively, you do not need to make any such arrangements with an electric grill, just put your food on the unit and see the wonders happening before your eyes instantly.
- Safe and Healthy – Electric BBQ grills are way more safe and convenient as compared to gas or charcoals grills. They do not emit large amounts of carbon monoxide and hazardous fumes. This feature alone makes them an ideal choice for indoor use or any other enclosed vicinity.
With an electric unit, you do not need to bear any sort of toxic charcoal smoke or gas fumes that can disrupt your amazing grill experience. They are safe, eco-friendly and human-friendly alternative to traditional grills on the market.
Due to their smaller size, you have the choice to place them on top of kitchen counters or tables to keep them away from reach of children. When using them, there are no open fumes and flare-ups which helps to avoid any possible accidents such as burning, etc.
- Portability – Due to its small and sleek design, electric grill offers better portability options. It does not require a large space to operate and is easy to manage and move due to its lightweight design.
- Convenient – Electric products seem to be far ahead of others in terms of convenience. One of its biggest advantage is the instant ON capability. Unlike traditional grills, you do not need a match stick to light up, all you need is a secure electricity connection to ensure uninterrupted operation. The electric grills are equipped with a nice thermostat that offers easy and effective control on heating. They are usually compact and can easily accommodate in a small cooking area to help save extra space. This feature also makes them travel friendly and easier to transport, if you plan to grill outdoors.
- Easy to Clean – Another advantage that sets them apart from others is easy cleaning facility. They usually come with removable grilling plates that are easy to take off and clean with a cloth, soft sponge or simply wash away with water. This useful feature makes sure that no fats or residue are left behind.
- Quicker and Easier to Operate – For people who love healthy and easy to cook food, an electric grill is the perfect appliance to buy for indoors and outdoors. In fact, it is the best option for those who have a busy lifestyle and interested in getting quick meals.
What Factors to Consider When Buying an Electric Grill?
The grill you choose should have the features that you desire. If you are cooking a variety of meals, you may want to choose a unit with a two-faced plate feature. It must be easy to clean, and a grill with dishwasher safe plates is ideal. When looking for the best electric grill, make sure it heats up your food evenly and can provide you with the same flavor as a traditional outdoor grill.
- Availability of Drip Tray: One of the key factors to look for is to determine if a unit comes with a drip tray or not. This tray allows the extra oil, fat and grease that is being excreted, to get removed from meat or any other type of food. Be sure to go through each electric grill review in detail, so that you can buy an appliance with exceptionally good drainage system.
- Are the Plates Removable: Secondly, look for an model that comes equipped with removable plates which are safe to dishwash. At most times, you’ll be preparing meat items so you’ll also need to clean plates after each use. If you want your plates perfectly sanitized, make sure they are dishwasher safe.
- Size: Electric grills come in variety of sizes and designs. Some of them may be ideal to serve few people or you may need to buy a large unit which is capable to grill sufficient food for the whole family. The size is worth-considering as you may need to store them when are not in use.
- Outdoor or Indoor: Some people may prefer outdoor grilling especially if they have a great outdoor space or really nice balcony and that too accompanied with wonderful weather. But this can be an entirely different scenario for those who live in small apartment, or experience bad weather that may become an obstacle in the way of outdoor cooking, you need an indoor model for all such scenarios. When buying indoor equipment, choose the one that can easily rest on your deck or counter.
- Desired Temperature Capacities: If you are fond of cooking at higher temperatures, search for products online that can provide the desired range of heating capacity. But, if you are inclined towards low or moderate heat cooking or want to use indirect heating method, you must check out models that can adjust heat as per your requirement.
How to Maximize Health Benefits of an Electric Grill?
When you think about electric grills, it is important to know the fact that it can cook multiple types of food. It is not focused to cook meat and seafood only, but you can also add balanced amount of fruits and vegetables to your diet by grilling them. Majority grills out there enable you to cook vegetables along with meat on the same tray, thus adding some nice flavors and health benefits to your overall diet. This single benefit alone can potentially save you from diseases that are caused by excessive consumption of meat.
Now you must be wondering which vegetables are perfect option for grilling. As we all know that tomatoes and onions are most commonly used, however you can also include many other vegies for added health benefits. You may consider adding zucchini, peppers, corns, eggplant or any other favorite vegetables. Not only this but you can also multiply your fruit intake by incorporating apple, pear, mango and pineapple to your diet plan.
In order to reduce the ratio of cancerous components generated as a result of grilling, the ideal way is to adopt all preventive measures. One key thing is to remove excess fat from meat before you start to grill. On top of that, you can add your favorite marinades to help decrease the number of HCAs that used to stick with meat. Another way to avoid the cancer-causing compounds is to continuously flip food and decrease grilling time.
Overall, the use of electric grills is considered safe and healthy. It is because the cancer-causing components are mostly produced by using charcoal or gas. By just using the best electric grill, you are good to go with yummy grilled food on the table whenever and wherever you want.