- Top Rated Electric Grills Comparison Chart 2019-20
- Best Electric Grill Reviews (Updated List)
- 1. George Foreman Indoor Outdoor Electric Grill GGR50B
- 2. Hamilton Beach 25360 Electric Indoor Searing Grill with Removable Plates
- 3. Char Broil TRU Infrared Electric Grill Review
- 4. Weber Q1400 Electric Grill Review
- 5. George Foreman Grill and Broil Electric Grill
- 6. Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
- 7. Elite Gourmet EMG-980B Electric Indoor Grill
- 8. Magicook Electric Reversible Grill Griddle
- 9. Livart LV-982 Electric Barbeque Grill
- 10. Power Smokeless Grill Tempered Glass Lid with Extractor Technology
- Why do you Need an Electric Grill?
Grilling is one of the ancient and popular ways to cook mouthwatering food. It was never that easy before, but thanks to our tech-enriched electric grills which made grilling not only convenient but hell of fun as well. Pick any important occasion for example, no matter if it’s a birthday party, New Year eve or at-home dinner, it is actually incomplete without yummy grilled food on the table.
But most of us, when we think about grilling imagine ourselves standing in an extremely cold or otherwise harsh hot weather to bear all the heat and smoke. And if that’s not the case, you may not have sufficient open area or balcony available to grill food outdoors. But all these worries go away when you buy an electric grill for home. It takes you ahead a step further from traditional charcoal and gas grills.
No matter if you choose to grill inside or outside, electric grills are a perfect fit. There are mainly two types available on the market right now, i.e. indoor and outdoor. As the name indicates, the outdoor electric grills are commonly used on balconies, terraces, patios or any other casual area such as parks and beaches, etc. For those who cannot use outdoor grill for any reason, the indoor equipment can take care of this issue. The taste and flavor of outdoor grilling is definitely better than indoor appliance. That said, you can select from a wide range of Indoor grilling machines to grab the best deal. Some of the electric grills come equipped with hoods while others offer a flat grilling surface. The open grill is much similar in design and operation to an outdoor appliance. Its grilling experience is genuine and close to the real thing.
With the best electric grill, there is no need to purchase charcoal or propane. All you need to do is plug the unit into an electrical outlet, and it begins to heat up. They can be used indoors and outdoors which allows you to have grilled meals year-round. The electric grills are easy to clean and do not require a large amount of storage space. All electric grills in our comparison chart below are handpicked and offer best quality, portability, user-friendliness, easy cleaning and value for the money.
Top Rated Electric Grills Comparison Chart 2019-20
In our comparison table of best electric grills, you will find some basic information about all the indoor and outdoor grills that are further down in our review section. We’ve ranked them from top to bottom based on their overall features and followed this same order in the reviews to make it easy for you to reference.
|Best Electric Grills 2020||Adj. Temp Control||Weight||Power|
|George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill||Yes||21 lbs||1600 W|
|Hamilton Beach||Yes||8.14 lbs||1200 W|
|Char-Broil TRU Infrared Electric Grill||Yes||54 lbs||1750 W|
|Weber 52020001 Q1400 Electric Grill||Yes||29.4 lbs||1560 W|
|George Foreman 7-in-1 Electric Indoor Grill||Yes||17.95 lbs||-|
|Zojirushi Eb-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill||Yes||1.03 lbs||1300 W|
|Elite Platinum EMG-980B Electric Grill||Yes||6 lbs||1400 W|
|Magicook Electric Reversible Grill||Yes||6.77 lbs||1700 W|
|Power Smokeless Electric Grill with Glass Lid||Yes||18.35 lbs||1500 W|
Best Electric Grill Reviews (Updated List)
Here we take a look at the top rated electric grills in our review section. As mentioned earlier, all these grills are ordered based on their collective features and long-term value to the user. We keep these reviews unbiased and revealing to help you make a quick and hassle-free decision.
This George Foreman grill has a non-stick grill surface and can prepare food for up to 15 people at a time. The unit has a five-heat setting adjustable temperature control feature and does not require charcoal or propane because it’s operated with electricity.
You can prepare poultry, meat, seafood and vegetables on this unit without flare-ups. The GGR50B has a patented fat removing slope which takes grease away from your food while it cooks. There is also a removable grill plate that helps you clean the unit without hassle.
With this George Foreman electric grill, your food is cook evenly, and the excess fat is removed. There is a safe drip tray that holds excess fat until you are ready to drain the grease. The unit heats up within 10 minutes, and the vented lid keeps heat maintained and circulated within the grill.
This is the best outdoor electric grill for the money and weighs 21 pounds and is 22.2 x 20.5 x 13 inches in size. It comes with a user manual, product warranty and is reasonably priced. This unit is not difficult to clean and has thousands of positive customer reviews.
The Hamilton Beach 25360 electric smokeless indoor grill can cook meals for up to six people and has adjustable temperature controls. You can sear meats and simmer vegetables on this unit, and the hood keeps heat in which improves the flavour of your food.
Since this is an electric BBQ grill, you can use it in your kitchen. It has a large drip tray to catch accumulated grease and easy clean-up features, and the grill cover is removable and hands washable. The electric grill has a non-stick surface, and a lift handle to make sure your hands and fingers are not burnt when cooking.
With the heat control function, you can monitor your foods cooking time and not worrying about overcooking meals. The electric BBQ grill weighs 8.14 pounds and is 12.4 x 16.7 x 6.8 inches in size. It comes with a user guide, product warranty and has excellent customer reviews. This is the best electric BBQ grill you can buy.
A Char Broil infrared electric barbeque grill provides you with perfectly prepared meals that are tasty and flavourful. The grates are porcelain coated, made of cast iron and are resist rust. The TRU-infrared cooking system grill has fewer flare-ups and delivers an even level of heat that ensures your food is cooked thoroughly.
This infrared electric grill has two side shelves that provide you with extra space for cooking meals and can fold down when not in use. It has a control knob on the front, so you can adjust the grill temperature and a storage rack to hold utensils.
The electric infrared grill has two wheels and a cord management system. It weighs 54 pounds and is 25.6 x 39.8 x 39.8 inches in size. The unit has an affordable price and comes with a user manual and product warranty.
It is the best infrared electric grill.
This Weber electric grill can fit on your countertop and has a cast aluminium body and lid. The grates are porcelain enamelled and made of durable cast iron. You can place a pan underneath the unit to collect grease and remove it once full.
The unit has a 6-foot cord that plugs up easy to plug into an electrical outlet. There is a control knob in the front of the grill for controlling temperature and heat settings. The frame is sturdy and consists of a glass reinforced nylon material that is hard to break.
When you use Weber Q1400 electric grill, your food is flavourful and tasty. It weighs 30.1 pounds and is 20.5 x 27 x 23.5 inches in size. The price is a bit higher than its competitors, but customers are satisfied with the grill. It comes with a product warranty and user manual to help with installation. It is the best choice for an electric grill you can find under mid-range price.
With this George Foreman electric grill, you get a variety of features. You can grill, broil, griddle and bake with this unit. It also allows you to Panini press and top melt your favourite meals. The grill plates are removable, and it has a ceramic non-stick coating surface. The temperature controls are located on top of the lid which allow you to ensure your meals are cooked just right.
The countertop electric grill also has an infrared heating element for broiling and caramelization. The unit weighs 11.95 pounds and is 11.1 x 16.8 x 19.9 inches in and is one of the best mini electric grills for many types of foods.
The removable plates are safe for use in the dishwasher, and the price is affordable. It has received positive electric grill views by many thrilled customers and comes with a product warranty.
Zojirushi has created an indoor electric grill that cooks steaks, chicken, fish, burgers and vegetables. The unit has a non-stick grilling surface that allows your food to be released quickly. It has a variety of heat settings and control knobs that stay cool during usage.
This unit has a drip pan underneath it, so you can remove excess grease when it is full. There is also a removable ceramic plate that is dishwasher safe. The two handles on the side of the electric grill make it easy to transport, and it fits conveniently onto your countertop.
The Zojirushi indoor electric grill is lightweight and only weighs 1.03 pounds and is 20.5 x 14.1 x 6.1 inches in size. Many customers are satisfied with this grill and recommend it for use by others. It comes with a user manual and product warranty. Zojirushi Eb-CC15 is one the best indoor electric grills.
With this Elite electric indoor grill, you can cook meat and vegetables on your countertop. It is a small unit that is used to cook servings for up to two people. This unit is a preferred choice for those with little time to cook but want the flavour of a grilled food.
This electric grill has a control knob for managing cooking temperature, and a lid to keep the heat evenly distributed. Since the dishpan is removable, it lessens cleaning time and is dishwasher safe. This cooking pan brings grilling indoors and is easy to store with a detachable cord.
It weighs 6 pounds and is 17.2 x 17 x 4.1 inches in size. There is a product warranty, and it is extremely affordable for what it provides. The grill has received plenty of positive reviews and comes in two sizes.
Magicook has developed a reversible electric grill griddle that is perfect for use indoors and outdoors. Once you place your food on this unit, your food is cooked evenly and thoroughly. It is a smokeless grill that provides you with flavourful and tasty meals.
With the two plates, you have the option to grill meats or prepare pancakes and stir-fry. It has five temperature settings, and the detachable controller is located on the side of the unit. The surface is made of cast iron and has a non-stick coating which makes cleaning simple.
The Magicook griddle weighs 6.77 pounds and is 19.7 x 13.8 x 2.8 inches size and comes with a product warranty. The price is extremely reasonable and it has received hundreds of outstanding reviews.
The Livart electric barbecue grill has simple features and is recommended for Yakitori cooking. The unit has an adjustable height and detachable stainless-steel grill. It heats up quickly and distributes an even amount of heat that leaves you with tasty food.
This electric BBQ grill weighs 6 pounds and is 15.4 x 8.3 x 5.1 inches in size. It has a bottom tray to drain grease and oil and comes with a manufacturer’s warranty. The price is reasonable for its features, and it is one of the top rated electric grills for preparing Yakitori meals.
This Power smokeless electric grill has a tempered glass lid and turbo speed smoke extractor technology. The plates are made of ceramic and have a non-stick coating that allows your food to be released easily.
It can be used for outdoor and indoor grilling and has a compact size that fits well on your patio or countertop. The small electric grill has the capacity to cook up several types of meats and vegetables simultaneously.
The grill plates are removable, and there is a grease pan that collects oils underneath the unit. You can clean it in the dishwasher, and it takes up little storage space. It weighs 15.4 pounds and is 21 x 15.4 x 8.1 inches in size. The power electric grill comes with a product warranty and has received positive customer reviews.
Why do you Need an Electric Grill?
An electric grill is a better way to cook your meats and vegetables.
You do no use charcoal and gas with these units, and they are eco-friendlier.
They do not flare-ups like the typical grills, and you have better control over temperature and heat.
These units provide you with a more stable and efficient cooking environment.
Types of Electric Grills on the Market
There are four types of electric grills available on the market right now, however indoor and outdoor grills are among the most popular options. If you haven’t checked them for a while, you will be surprised to see the number of options and features currently available.
- Outdoor Electric Grill
- Indoor Electric Grill
- Electric Griddles
- Electric Smoker
Let’s check out each type of electric grill in further detail.
1. Outdoor Electric Grill
Outdoor electric grill is very much similar to traditional propane or charcoal grills. The difference lies in the fact that it must have access to electricity to plug in, since it uses electricity to heat up the plates. It does not require as much effort to prepare food when compared to charcoal grills. It helps you save significant amount of money which is otherwise spent on other close alternatives. The outdoor electric grills are super environment friendly and easier to clean after cooking.
2. Indoor Electric Grills
Indoor electric grill is specifically designed for cooking indoors. It is ideal for small apartments where condos might forbid you to use a regular grill to avoid any health or fire hazards. In addition, it is perfect for areas that experience extremely hot or cold weather which makes it quite challenging to plan any outdoor activities. There are many large and small models available among indoor electric grills. Unlike traditional options, the indoor electric appliance does not generate smoke. In short, it is best-suited for anyone who loves grilling and wants to prepare food quickly on routine basis.
3. Electric Griddles
Electric griddles are smooth and flat in design. They don’t have any raised portion in the pan that enables excess fat to drain out quickly. Apart from grilling, griddles are famous to cook other types of food as well. You can easily make pancakes, eggs, toasts and similar varieties of food on them. That said, these items are fairly difficult to make on other types of grills. If you plan to make lots of breakfasts or veggies on daily basis, then you should definitely buy an electric griddle rather than a regular grilling appliance.
4. Electric Smoker
Electric smoker focuses to improve flavor of food by cooking it at much slower pace. Ideally the more time you give the machine to cook meat, the more flavor you add to it. This type of grill is available in two categories: a small outdoor smoker and considerably large one that carries the capacity to hold large quantities of food. The price of each grill varies based on the size and type you choose. You need to consider all important factors, such as cooking time, cleaning time and number of servings before you hit the buy button. The non-stick coating, indicator light and proper drainage system are some of the key features you should look for in a top electric smoker.
Top Electric Grill Features
Here are some of most sought-after features in electric grills:
- Reversible Plates: This unit has a plate with a grill and flat side. It allows you to grill on one side and cook on the other.
- Grease Drainage: The excess fat and oils are drawn out and into a pan that is removed when it becomes full.
- Non-Stick Coating: A protective shield that does not allow your food to stick to the plates and helps with cleaning up.
- Temperature Control: This feature allows you to manage the heat and cooking time for your food. It prevents burning and overcooking.
- Infrared Technology: An innovative form of cooking technology that thoroughly cooks your food from the inside out.
Disadvantages of Using Electric Grills Vs. Regular Grills
The electric grills are definitely safer to use; however, they do come with few disadvantages. Let’s discuss them in detail below:
- The electric grills may not become as hot as compared to their traditional counterparts. Therefore, you may not have equivalent temperature at all areas of your appliance when cooking food.
- The smaller size of electric grill may not be enough to accommodate and manage larger number of servings. Majority of grills are smaller in size, so it’s a good idea to check its food cooking capacity before making a final pick. As a rule of thumb, any electric grill with at least five persons feeding capacity in one-go is a good buy.
- Some of the grills are rather complicated and difficult to clean at times. Do check if your chosen electric grill is equipped with non-stick coating to avoid the hassle of stubborn washing. This becomes especially important for meat grilling as it’s prone to emit grease like substance that sticks with your appliance. To address this issue, many manufacturers have introduced removable plates to wash it easily inside dishwasher.
The 7 Benefits of an Electric Grill
Electric grills are considered as one of the best modern inventions that brought massive revolution in cooking techniques today. They strive to deliver a variety of benefits compared to other traditional products. Since an electric grill does not require you to use charcoal or gas, it can lessen your cooking time. Once you prep your food, just place it on the hot unit. Your food is cooked thoroughly and has the flavour and taste you want. You grill your meals with reduced maintenance and faster with a high quality electric grill.
- Cost Effective – Electric grill is a better cost-effective option as compared to its predecessors. Traditional gas or charcoal grill often serves as an expensive option since you need to change gas cylinders or it may add up to your expenses with soaring costs of charcoal. These costs may end up in large values if you love to cook grilled food all the time. On the other hand, using electric grill results in major money-saving as it requires minimal amount of electricity to operate.
- Time Efficient – If you ever used a gas or charcoal grill, you must have realized that they are relatively difficult to use. You may need to make certain arrangements such as connecting grill to gas source or making the arrangement of charcoal, waiting and investing your time till charcoals are heated up and ready to be used for grilling. Comparatively, you do not need to make any such arrangements with an electric grill, just put your food on the grill and see the wonders happening before your eyes instantly.
- Safe and Healthy – Electric BBQ grills are way more safe and convenient as compared to gas or charcoals grills. They do not emit large amounts of carbon monoxide and hazardous fumes. This feature alone makes them an ideal choice for indoor use or any other enclosed vicinity.
With an electric grill, you do not need to bear any sort of toxic charcoal smoke or gas fumes that can disrupt your amazing grill experience. They are safe, eco-friendly and human-friendly alternative to traditional grills on the market.
Due to their smaller size, you have the choice to place them on top of kitchen counters or tables to keep them away from reach of children. When using electric grills, there are no open fumes and flare-ups which helps to avoid any possible accidents such as burning, etc.
- Portability – Due to its small and sleek design, electric grill offers better portability options. It does not require a large space to operate and is easy to manage and move due to its lightweight design.
- Convenient – Electric grills seem to be far ahead of others in terms of convenience. One of its biggest advantage is the instant ON capability. Unlike traditional grills, you do not need a match stick to light up, all you need is a secure electricity connection to ensure uninterrupted operation. The electric grills are equipped with a nice thermostat that offers easy and effective control on heating. They are usually compact and can easily accommodate in a small cooking area to help save extra space. This feature also makes them travel friendly and easier to transport, if you plan to grill outdoors.
- Easy to Clean – Another advantage of electric grills that sets them apart from others is easy cleaning facility. They usually come with removable grilling plates that are easy to take off and clean with a cloth, soft sponge or simply wash away with water. This useful feature makes sure that no fats or residue are left behind.
- Quicker and Easier to Operate – For people who love healthy and easy to cook food, an electric grill is the perfect appliance to buy for indoors and outdoors. In fact, it is the best option for those who have a busy lifestyle and interested in getting quick meals.
What Factors to Consider When Buying Electric Grill?
The electric grill you choose should have the features that you desire. If you are cooking a variety of meals on your grill, you may want to choose a unit with a two-faced plate feature. The unit must be easy to clean, and a grill with dishwasher safe plates is ideal. When looking for the best electric grill, make sure it heats up your food evenly and can provide you with the same flavor as a traditional outdoor grill.
- Availability of Drip Tray: One of the key factors to look for is to determine if a unit comes with a drip tray or not. This tray allows the extra oil, fat and grease that is being excreted, to get removed from meat or any other type of food. Be sure to go through each electric grill review in detail, so that you can buy an appliance with exceptionally good drainage system.
- Are the Plates Removable: Secondly, look for an electric grill that comes equipped with removable plates which are safe to dishwash. At most times, you’ll be preparing meat items so you’ll also need to clean plates after each use. If you want your grill plates perfectly sanitized, make sure that your plates are dishwasher safe.
- Size of Electric Grill: Electric grills come in variety of sizes and designs. Some of them may be ideal to serve few people or you may need to buy a large unit which is capable to grill sufficient food for the whole family. The size of grill is worth-considering as you may need to store them when are not in use.
- Outdoor or Indoor: Some people may prefer outdoor grilling especially if they have a great outdoor space or really nice balcony and that too accompanied with wonderful weather. But this can be an entirely different scenario for those who live in small apartment, or experience bad weather that may become an obstacle in the way of outdoor cooking, you need an indoor electric grill for all such scenarios. When buying indoor equipment, choose the one that can easily rest on your deck or counter.
- Desired Temperature Capacities: If you are fond of cooking at higher temperatures, search for electric grills online that can provide the desired range of heating capacity. But, if you are inclined towards low or moderate heat cooking or want to use indirect heating method, you must check out models that can adjust heat as per your requirement.
How to Maximize Health Benefits of Electric Grill?
When you think about electric grills, it is important to know the fact that it can cook multiple types of food. It is not focused to cook meat and seafood only, but you can also add balanced amount of fruits and vegetables to your diet by grilling them. Majority grills out there enable you to cook vegetables along with meat on the same tray, thus adding some nice flavors and health benefits to your overall diet. This single benefit alone can potentially save you from diseases that are caused by excessive consumption of meat.
Now you must be wondering which vegetables are perfect option for grilling. As we all know that tomatoes and onions are most commonly used, however you can also include many other vegies for added health benefits. You may consider adding zucchini, peppers, corns, eggplant or any other favorite vegetables. Not only this but you can also multiply your fruit intake by incorporating apple, pear, mango and pineapple to your diet plan.
In order to reduce the ratio of cancerous components generated as a result of grilling, the ideal way is to adopt all preventive measures. One key thing is to remove excess fat from meat before you start to grill. On top of that, you can add your favorite marinades to help decrease the number of HCAs that used to stick with meat. Another way to avoid the cancer-causing compounds is to continuously flip food and decrease grilling time.
Overall, the use of electric grills is considered safe and healthy. It is because the cancer-causing components are mostly produced by using charcoal or gas. By just using a top rated electric grill, you are good to go with yummy grilled food on the table whenever and wherever you want.