- Top Rated Electric Shavers Comparison Chart 2019-2020
- Best Electric Shaver Reviews – (Recommended Picks)
- 1. Braun Series 9 9290CC Electric Shaver Review
- 2. Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 Electric Shaver Review
- 3. Braun Series 7 790cc Electric Shaver Review
- 4. Philips Norelco 9700 Rotary Electric Razor Review
- 5. Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc 4 Electric Razor Review
- 6. Panasonic Arc 4 ES8243A Electric Razor Review
- 7. Braun Series 5 5190cc Electric Shaver Review
- 8. Philips Norelco 4500 Rotary Electric Shaver Review
- 9. Panasonic ES-LT41-K Arc 3 Electric Razor Review
- 10. Braun Series 3 3040s ProSkin Electric Shaver Review
- 11. Remington F5-5800 Electric Shaver Review
- 12. Wahl Professional 8061 Electric Shaver Review
- Issues Faced when Picking Up the Best Electric Shavers on the Market
- Should I Buy Rotary Electric Razor or Foil Electric Razor?
- Electric Shaver Buyer’s Guide
- Wrap Up: The Best Electric Shavers for Men in 2019-20
When it comes to choosing the best electric razor for you, the right decision should come without any hassle. The reason to write this in-depth electric shaver review is to provide you all the important information needed about the top-ranking models currently available on the market. Getting a precise and comfortable shave from a good electric shaver is our ultimate goal. And, we will help you achieve that target without investing lots of money.
Our electric razor review is different from others as it aims to focus on the end-user and his actual needs. Selecting the finest electric razor for men is crucial as you need to use this device in your daily routine. Somehow, if you end up buying a low-quality razor, it will develop frustration and wastage of time.
We handpicked 12 top electric shavers available on the market. Each of these shavers comes with its own set of special features that provides it a competitive edge. By the end of reading this post, you will exactly know which electric shaver works best in what type of situation.
Top Rated Electric Shavers Comparison Chart 2019-2020
|Best Electric Shavers 2020||Type||Wet & Dry||Avg. Battery Life||Price|
|Braun Series 9 9290CC|
|Foil||Yes||50 min||Check Price|
|Panasonic Arc 5 ES-LV95-S||Foil||Yes||45 min||Check Price|
|Braun Series 7 790cc||Foil||No||50 min||Check Price|
|Philips Norelco 9700||Rotary||Yes||60 min||Check Price|
|Panasonic Arc 4 ES-LA63-S||Foil||Yes||45 min||Check Price|
|Panasonic Arc 4 ES8243A||Foil||Yes||42 min||Check Price|
|Braun Series 5 5190cc||Foil||Yes||50 min||Check Price|
|Philips Norelco 4500 AT830||Rotary||Yes||50 min||Check Price|
|Panasonic Arc 3 ES-LT41-K||Foil||Yes||45 min||Check Price|
|Braun Series 3 3040s||Foil||Yes||45 min||Check Price|
|Remington F5-5800||Foil||No||60 min||Check Price|
|Wahl Professional 8061||Foil||No||90 min||Check Price|
Best Electric Shaver Reviews – (Recommended Picks)
There are so many awesome electric shavers available on the market. Tons of reviews, yet you remain confused and unable to pick up the best option. It happens because you are unable to identify the prominent differences between specific models. There is probably lack of information on review sites or the manufacturer fails to explain their product’s in much detail. Sometimes, when you dig out the information, you find little or no real difference between an old and new model. All you see is a cosmetic upgrade with no significant hardware innovation on manufacturer’s part to improve electric shaver’s performance.
Let’s check out each electric shaver review in greater detail. This will help get a better understanding about each product to exactly suit your shaving needs.
The Braun Series 9 9290cc is one of the most popular and highest-quality electric razors available on the market. There’s a reason, it gets rave reviews from ordinary guys and the harshest critics around: This highly-tested electric groomer beats the competition on nearly every level. The model was launched back in 2015, however it still remains most sought-after electric shaver due to its durable construction and innovative design. Unlike other models in our review, the 9290cc is slightly expensive with its Titanium Nitride trimmer coating. However, it’s a great value for the money with its clean and charge system.
The Series 9 9290cc is perfectly compatible for wet and dry use. The initial cost of getting this electric shaver may be slightly high, however the cost of maintaining the device is fairly low. You can get the replacement shaving heads easily without spending lots of money. When opting for this top electric shaver, you get the best bang of the buck.
What we love about the Braun Series 9 9290cc is the level of comfort and gentle shaving experience you get after each use. Some of the annoying factors of using electric shavers are the razor burns and harsh rashes received on the sensitive skin. However, the Series 9 electric shaver always remains cool and calm even after prolonged use. Efficient, gentle and eager to tackle facial hair on everything from beards grown over a long weekend to a 5-o’clock shadow, the 9290cc has been called the only wet and dry shaver/razor guaranteed to eliminate more hair on the first stroke.
The Series 9 9290cc is made up of four cutting elements which comprise of 2 cutters and 2 outer finishing foils. These cutters perfectly tackle the long and shorter hair regardless of your shave direction. We were greatly impressed with the hair capturing ability of 9290cc electric shaver during each use. It effectively grabs uneven and difficult to reach hairs with its premium foil. You do not need repeated application on the same skin area to achieve the best shaving results.
- Cutting elements include 2 OptiFoils that remove hairs close to the skin and a direct cutter that trims hairs growing in different directions.
- A novel HyperLift & Cut trimmer literally lifts up flat-lying hairs and guillotines them in one fell swoop.
- Titanium Nitride coating, a ceramic compound known for edge retention on anti-corrosion properties, means the 9290CC won’t become useless after a year or two.
- Range of motion is amazing. Cutters sit on a head that pivots in 10 directions.
- It can be submerged in 5 meters of water and still keeps on performing like a charm.
- Driven by a 5-level battery with 5-minute quick charge capability so it’s always ready to go.
- Comes with a cord, travel case, one cleaning cartridge, brush and easy to read user’s manual.
- Given the price and technological innovations, you could be surprised to see that some parts are made of plastic.
- Although the razor’s surface is curved, it can still get slippery and fall from the hand.
- A full battery charge usually takes an hour, so that quick-charge feature may not appeal to you.
- If you rely on the automatic function of cleaning station, shaving cream could clog up the works.
- Replacement shaving heads for this electric razor are slightly expensive.
Video Review (4:11 Minutes)
The Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 is the best electric razor for close shave. While the Series 9 from Braun receives our recommendation for the most comfortable saving experience, the Arc5 series takes the top prize for performance and highest speed. With Panasonic Arc 5, you get 14000 CPM while the 9290cc only does 10,000 CPM. So, you can notice considerable difference in terms of motor performance. Overall, the Braun Series 9 is a better choice but we cannot neglect the ultimate closest shave offered by Panasonic Arc 5.
With the Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc 5, you get the 5 cutting elements to take care of your shaving needs. The high-speed linear drive motor delivers optimum performance in combination with razor sharp cutting blades. Remember that Arc 5 series is superior than Arc4 and Arc 3 series, which makes it little pricier. However, this good electric shaver is an excellent balance between price and performance.
What we truly love about the Panasonic ES-LV95-S is the overall construction and modern design. With its super thin sharp foils, you never seem to miss any hair with close precision and accuracy. It can effectively take care of your wiry facial hair that most mid-range electric shavers fail to handle. Just like the 9290cc, the Arc 5 ES-LV95-S is also wet and dry. So, you can get the best shaving experience in any way you like.
The Panasonic ES-LV95-S also comes with a cleaning station to clean the electric shaver automatedly. When looking at lower models in Arc 5 series such as ES-LV65-S, you will notice that it does not come with a cleaning station. The addition of cleaning base definitely increases the cost, however it also adds convenience to overall cleaning process.
The replacement parts such as foils and blades are easily available, although a bit expensive to buy. However, the price is still comparable to Braun series 9 replacement parts. This is the price that you need to pay for maintenance after certain period of time. Overall, if you compare the Arc 5 with Braun series 9, your final choice depends on your needs. For someone with sensitive skin, we recommend the series 9 but for closest shave the Arc 5 is best option for the money.
- Offers 5 hypo-allergic Nanotech blades driven by a 14,000 cpm linear-driven motor
- Head pivots intuitively to self-adjust for varying beard hair depths, whether in dry or wet mode.
- Comfortable and easy to control featuring LCD capability for shaver functions.
- Use wet or dry and then clean in sonic vibration mode to disinfect the razor.
- Comes with clean/charge station, AC recharger, detergent packet, safety lock, travel pouch and pop-up trimmer.
- If you’re on a budget, you can purchase the razor alone without the clean/charge station to save some money.
- Distinctly-patterned Lift-Tech Foil features reverse-tapered edges to tackle flat-lying hairs.
- Replacement blades and foils are bit expensive.
- Not as comfortable as Series 9 electric shavers.
- You may not get uniform results when shaving your head.
Video Review (4:32 Minutes)
The Braun Series 7 790cc was first launched back in 2010 and remained top choice of consumers all over the world. Over the years, Braun introduced many changes in their series 7 line of products. For instance, it previously had 3 modes and now it comes with five turbo and sensitive modes for enhanced power and comfort. The 790cc still remains a popular choice on the market due to its affordable cost and solid design. Just like the Series 9, the major advantage of getting this nice electric shaver is extreme comfort and smooth operation. It also comes with cleaning station which is a prime feature in all “CC” series electric razors from Braun.
When deciding to buy Braun Series 7 790cc in comparison with our top 2 electric shavers reviewed so far, just see if it rightly fits your budget. The Series 7 costs much lower as compared to Series 9 with few trimmed down features. We highly recommend the Series 9 and Arc 5 but they are expensive. Unlike Series 9, the cleaning station of Series 7 offers smooth and silent operation, thanks to induction heating instead of using fans to dry the razor.
Just like Braun Series 9, you can order replacement parts of Braun Series 7 790cc very easily. It is an ideal electric razor for men who like to shave after a day or two. The device is also proven to deliver great results even on a 3-day beard. For dense beards or long stray hair, we would ideally recommend the Series 9 premium shaver. The Series 9 is more comfortable, fast and modern in terms of overall features.
- Delivers 10,000 microvibrations to cut and grab hard to capture hair.
- Contour flex head moves in 8 different directions.
- Sonic technology identifies hair density and direction for a smoother cut.
- Use wet or dry; with shaving cream or gel in the shower.
- Men with extreme skin sensitivity swear this razor is less painful to use than others.
- Comes with a cleaning center/charge station.
- Less pricey as compared to Series 9 Electric Shaver.
- Dramatic price fluctuations on this model.
- Arc 4 and Series 5 are cheaper with more or less the same results.
Video Review (12:43 Minutes)
When it comes to choosing the best rotary razor for the money, the Philips Norelco 9700 is an ideal choice. It is top-of-the-line razor in Philips 9000 Series that features 9300, 9700 and 9800 models. The advanced design and features are hard to beat and that’s exactly why it received iF Design Award in 2015. The Norelco 9700 comes packed with SmartClean Plus system to automatically lubricate, dry, clean and charge your shaver for everyday use.
Choosing between a rotary or foil-based electric shaver is a matter of specific needs and personal preference. The rotary razors tend to outperform foil shavers for long, wiry and coarse hair. It can effectively capture and cut hard to tackle hair. With a good rotary shaver, you can get such difficult tasks done with few strokes in comparison to foil-based razors. The Norelco 9700 comes with contour detect technology to adjust 3 shaving heads according to your face shape. This feature expertly helps to cut-down your hair with more precision and closeness.
If you are someone who like to shave less often, the Philips Norelco 9700 can be an excellent option. However, if we compare this rotary shaver with foil razors reviewed so far, we will pick the Series 9 or Arc 5 models. It is because, the foil shavers are more comfortable, provide closer shave and never cause any sort of irritation on sensitive skin. However, if you are prone to using rotary razors and never had an issue in the past, the Norelco 9700 is the best bang for the buck. Of course, there are cheaper options like Norelco 8900 but you will be missing lots of premium features on the mid-range device.
Overall, the Philips Norelco 9700 is a perfect rotary razor for men with long and thick hair. It can be used even after few days to tackle difficult to cut hair with less hassle. However, if comfort and close shave is your prime concern, we would suggest you to opt for 9290cc or Arc 5 electric shavers.
- Best option for long and coarse hairs that remain ignored.
- Featuring Contour Detect Technology, the proprietary head system that independently moves in 8 directions.
- V-track Precision blades trap hair in optimal cutting positions for a comfortable shave that’s 30-percent closer.
- Comes with a cleaning cartridge, precision trimmer, cleansing brush, power cord and travel case.
- You can plug the charger cord directly into the outlet, bypassing the charging station if you prefer.
- Manufactured in the Netherlands, known throughout the world for precision engineering excellence.
- Awesome value for money.
- Not everyone is willing to spend this much cash on a rotary electric razor.
- Replacement blades are somewhat expensive and only made to last for about a year.
- While the shaver is made in the Netherlands, the Smart Clean system is made in China.
- Can’t be used and charged at the same time. Try and you could destroy this tool.
- It takes a long time–about 3 hours–to go through a complete cleaning cycle.
Video Review (4:45 Minutes)
The Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc 4 is one of our favorite budgeted electric razors for 2019. In comparison to our top 3 electric shavers, this device is considerably low-priced. It is a combination of superior performance, durability and quality design. What we love about the Panasonic Arc 4 is the superb value of money it offers to the users. It ranks on top of our budgeted foil shavers that money can buy.
With Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc 4, you get an excellent shaving experience with high-performance dual motor system. It comes with flexible shaving head which contours to the shape of your face or any other body part. You do not need any cleaning station with Arc 4 electric razor as it is super easy to clean. The Arc 4 is made up of 4 cutting elements which is exactly why it is called Arc 4. These blades perform effectively in conjunction with the powerful 14,000 CPM motor to offer cutting-edge performance.
The shaving head of Panasonic ES-LA63-S consists of cutting foils, slit foil and finishing foil. It works really fast and provides the closest shave possible. The Arc 4 is good enough to compete even with high-end electric shavers such as Arc 5 and Braun Series 7. We love its impressive output that comes at a reasonable price. As far as replacement parts are concerned, it is easy to order them whenever required. It is a perfect electric razor for coarse hair and medium sensitive skin.
Ideally, it’s best to use the ES-LA63-S electric razor with shaving cream to have comfortable and enjoyable experience. It is not only good electric razor for men but many women also use it. Overall, we highly recommend the Panasonic ES-LA63-S electric razor for its amazing performance and excellent value for money.
- Dual Motor Shaving system
- Closer shave for best shave
- Wet and Dry compatible operation
- High-quality built with sharper blades
- Easy manual cleaning
- Excellent value for money
- Replacement parts can be little pricey
- The competitor Braun series 5 and 7 seem more comfortable
- Not suitable for long and rough hair
Video Review (5:23 Minutes)
The Panasonic Arc 4 ES8243A is one of the top-selling electric razors on the market. Just like the ES-LA63-S, it also remained much popular due to its high-built quality, performance and affordable price. It comes with a powerful motor which can speed up to 14,000 CPM. But, it also makes the shaver a bit noisy. The built quality is impressive and feels nice to hold in hand. After a full charge of an hour, you can use the razor for more than 45 minutes.
The ES8243A Electric Shaver is light to use in your daily routine. It provides an ergonomic grip and offers a comfortable shaving experience. The overall look of the electric shaver seems modern and innovative. Just like other electric shavers in Arc 4 series, the ES8243A is also made up of 4 blades foils. In comparison with ES-LF51-A, the performance is slightly lower and that’s why we trimmed down its ranking.
If you are someone who likes to get closer shave, the Panasonic Arc 4 ES8243A is powerful enough to take care of it. This foil-style electric shaver offers guys 4 ultra-sharp Arc4 Nanotech blades fabricated to move across facial hair quickly while pampering the skin with comfort. The stainless-steel blade edges conform to all levels of facial contours. You can take electric shaver into the shower each morning as its 100-percent waterproof. A 10-stage LCD display issues mini-statuses so that you to attend to maintenance issues. Like more expensive foil razors, the Arc 4 electric razor also features sonic vibration mode and comes with pop-up trimmer as well.
With Panasonic ES8243A, you get no docking station. But it simple to clean and lack of cleaning station saves considerable amount of money. Overall, it is a recommended electric razor for precision shave and outstanding comfort.
- Affordable price for a high-quality electric shaver.
- Won’t cause razor cuts or burns, especially if you use some shaving cream.
- Replacement blades are cheaper than Arc 5 and could last up to a year.
- Men with coarse beards and those who shave their heads find it perfect.
- The nice LCD display on the handle delivers accurate readings.
- Can be easily and efficiently cleaned using liquid soap and water; you don’t have to buy any cleaning solutions.
- May not suit extremely sensitive skin.
- Guy with thick beards should opt for Arc 5 or Series 7 and 9.
- Not the best choice for long and wiry hairs.
Video Review (6:53 Minutes)
The Braun Series 5 5190cc presents a more viable and cost-effective solution for users who looking for a comfortable and convenient shave. This Series 5 model costs much less than Series 7 and 9 from Braun. When comparing it with Series 9, you will notice that both of them look similar to each other with minor color differences. As far as features are concerned, the headlock mechanism in both series 5 and 7 are exactly the same. The 5190cc electric shaver comes with 3 cutting elements that includes one middle trimmer and 2 finishing foils.
When comparing Braun Series 5 5190cc with Series 7, you will notice lots of similarities in terms of their overall built. The Series 7 is extra comfortable and offers a better design, however the performance is almost identical. The Series 5 5190cc costs less and offers good alternative for your shaving needs. It comes with a cleaning station to automatically perform cleaning and charging function. However, this cleaning station does not use the induction or fan system to dry the electric shaver. Instead, you will find an alcohol fluid that takes care of the cleaning needs of your device. The fan or induction heating system is found in higher-end models such as Series 9 and Series 7 respectively. In Series 5, these features are removed to lower down the cost of the electric shaver. However, the station works perfect and does a good job at keeping your razor clean for everyday use.
What we love about the Braun Series 5 5190cc is its comfort for your sensitive skin. Just like its big brothers, the Series 5 does an excellent job at providing a close shave with good comfort. When using the 5190cc electric shaver, you will never feel being underpowered. Although, it is budgeted model but it competes well with other competitors such as Arc 4. However, if your primary concern is to get the closest shave possible, we will recommend to buy Arc 4 from Panasonic.
Overall, the Series 5 is a good affordable option for men looking to get close and comfortable shave. With only few strokes, you are able to capture the rough hair effectively.
- Comfortable to use
- Great for sensitive skin
- Much affordable as compared to Series 5 and Series 9
- Works effectively on dense beards
- Nice built-quality and design
- Comes with cleaning station
- Excellent value for money
- Little bit noisy as compared to high-end models
- Offers less closer shave compared to Arc 4
- Cleaning station can be improved
The Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 is one of the basic rotary shavers offered by the manufacturer. It is rather an inexpensive and budgeted model that still provides lots of good features for the users. Unlike the flagship Norelco 9700 model, you will notice many features have been trimmed down in 4500 model to decrease its production cost. For example, the 4500 Electric Shaver does not come with smart cleaning and its contouring system only works in 8 directions. Other than that, the pop-up trimmer is rather a budgeted version of SmartClick Precision Trimmer offered in Norelco 9700 Electric Shaver. The Smart Cleaning brush, cleaning cartridge and travel case are also absent in the 4500 Electric Razor.
When it comes to performance, the Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 is efficient at capturing and cutting longer hairs. As compared to foil trimmers, this rotatory shaver is pretty impressive to cope with lengthy and coarse beards. The electric shaver is also comfortable to use and gets the job done effectively. However, you cannot compare its performance with Panasonic Arc 3 or Arc 4 in terms of closer shave. The Panasonic Arc series is superior to both Braun and Philips Norelco to deliver closest shave possible.
The integrated pop-up trimmer makes quick work of sideburns, moustaches and customized trim areas that require targeted attention. The shaver’s proprietary Pivot, Flex and Float system adjusts itself to accommodate facial contours, moving through varying hair densities effortlessly. Despite being a reasonably-priced electric shaver, you’re not getting a bare-bones appliance if you choose this good electric razor. It features patented Super Lift and Cut Dual-blade performance that literally lifts hairs, so they can be removed at or below skin level for a smooth finish. The comfortable shape conforms to the hand so there’s no chance of suffering shaving fatigue. And when you’re done, the razor is designed to be washed easily by hand in just a minute or two.
The replacement blades (SH50/52) are easy to buy, when you feel like changing it. For best performance, it is recommended to change blades after a year. Since, the Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 is an entry-level and highly budged model, you can expect the replacement parts to have lower price as compared to high-end models. You can fully charge this electric shaver in 8 hours and it delivers 50 minutes of usage. It also offers 3-minute quick charge feature to enjoy one cordless shave before it runs out of juice. You’ll know when it needs attention because display indicators inform you when the battery is getting low and when it’s fully charged.
- Very affordable and superior value of money for the end-user.
- Light and flexible grip.
- Inexpensive replacement parts can keep you going on for years.
- Easy to clean without fuss by rinsing and allowing dry. No cleaning station needed!
- For some users, rotary blades are far superior to foil blades in both performance and affordability.
- May cause razor burn and neck irritation in men whose skin is sensitive to a rotary blade.
- If the battery malfunctions, be aware of the fact that this electric shaver is not designed for easy battery swaps.
Video Review (2:41 Minutes)
The Panasonic ES-LT41-K Arc 3 Electric Razor offers a three-blade system to take care of your shaving needs. It is a budgeted and entry-level model with lesser features as compared to Arc 4 and Arc 5 Series. For instance, the motor speed is 13000 CPM as compared to 14000 CPM offered throughout the higher-end models. There is no active shaver sensor, cleaning station and dual-motor system in Arc 3. It comes with Multi-LCD display as compared to bright LED’s packed in Arc 5 series.
In terms of performance, the Panasonic ES-LT41-K Arc 3 Electric Razor is impressive just like its big brothers. Do not get confused with affordable cost of this entry-level shaver as its powerful motor and sharp blades deliver cutting-edge performance. Although, the motor is 1000 CPM lower but it delivers almost the same performance. You get a fast, close and comfortable shave over the face, chin and neck area. It comes equipped with a pop-up trimmer to perfectly finish your mustaches, sideburn and beard. It performs considerably better as compared to Braun Series 3 in terms of close shave. The built-quality and nicer design make it an attractive electric shaver for the money.
Overall, the Panasonic ES-LT41-K Arc 3 Electric Razor is an awesome pick for beginners who just want to get started. It is one of the most affordable electric razors out there on the market. By getting an Arc 3 Electric Shaver, you definitely get superior value of money. Due to its simple construction and budgeted design, it is also quite easy to maintain. You can clean it without any hassle and it doesn’t come with cleaning station either. The replacement parts are less costly and easy to order when required by you. In comparison to Braun Series 3, the Arc 3 from Panasonic is our preferred electric razor for its closest shave. However, if you have sensitive skin and comfort is your major priority, then we will recommend you to go with Braun Series 3 Electric Razor.
- Offers a close shave
- One of the most affordable electric razors on the market
- Works fast and delivers a high-quality shaving experience
- Delivers both wet and dry shave
- Easy to clean and maintain
- May not suit sensitive skin
- Recommended to use after a day or two for best results
- Replacement parts are slightly expensive as compared to competitors
- Braun 3 series is more comfortable than Arc 3 from Panasonic
Video Guide (9:57 Minutes)
The Braun Series 3 primarily focuses on budgeted users, who are looking to buy comfortable and reliable electric shaver. It competes with Arc 3 electric razors from Panasonic and provides comparatively better comfort. The 3040s electric shaver offers triple action cutting system which consists of two sensofoils and one slit foil. Its replacement parts are easy to access and less expensive than Arc 3 razors.
Unlike the Braun Series 9, 7 and 5, the Series 3 does not come with the cleaning station. Being simple, it’s dead easy to clean and maintain. For cost-cutting, this electric shaver also lacks pivoting shaving head and long hair trimmer. The product uses two Ni-MH batteries instead of Li-Ion batteries found in higher series. If you are someone who loves these features, you may want to check out the high-end models.
Just like other Series 3 razors, the 3040s is comfortable for everyday use and gets the job done. It is perfectly suitable for sensitive skin and may not cause any irritation. However, for best close shave, we recommend to go for the Panasonic Arc series. With Braun Series 3, it may take you a bit longer to achieve the desired close shave.
Overall, the Braun Series 3 3040s ProSkin Electric Shaver is good value for money. It fulfills shaving needs of majority users on day-to-day basis. For longer hair, it may not give you satisfactory results but tested to work nicely on 3-day beard.
- Comfortable to use
- Good for sensitive skin
- Awesome value for money
- Best choice for beginners
- Wet and Dry functionality
- Replacement parts are less expensive than competitors
- May not work properly for longer hair
- Arc 3 is better for closest shave
- Does not coming with cleaning station
Video Review (8:32 Minutes)
The Remington F5-5800 Electric Shaver is an entry-level and budgeted model available on the market. It provides a smooth and comfortable shave to the users. The manufacturer “Remington” is popular for a long time due to their quality electric shavers. It primarily focuses on producing mid-end shavers to cater the needs of budgeted users. The company also holds credit of being the first one in the entire industry to introduce cordless recharging. If you tend to shave on the run, you’ll love the 5-minute quick charge function that gives you enough juice for one complete shave, at which point you can do a full, 2-hour recharge that gives you 60-minutes of shave time (20 days on average). Just like the razor itself, its replacement parts are also cheap. For optimum performance, you need to replace blades after every 3 to 4 months.
The F5-5800 Electric Shaver is made up of three components in the head. It includes two foils and one trimmer that provides multi-direction movement. The pivot can move up and down to contour shape of your face and deliver a nice shaving experience. What we do not like is its built-quality which is primarily made up of plastic and feels little cheap to hold in the hand. Being a budgeted electric razor, you cannot expect to get a cleaning station in the current price range. No fancy clean-up station comes with this good electric shaver because like pioneers of old, you’ll clean up in the old-fashioned way by running this inexpensive razor under the faucet and air drying it.
Overall, the Remington F5-5800 is a good choice among affordable electric shavers’ lineup. It is comfortable to use but you do not get closer shaving. For best close shave in cheaper budget, we would suggest to check out the Arc 3 from Panasonic.
- One of the most affordable electric razors on the market.
- Easy-to-understand use instructions get you up to speed in minutes.
- This appliance doesn’t require you to be heavy-handed: light pressure is all it takes for a smooth shave.
- Pivot head moves up and down for flexible shaving.
- Easy-to-clean using soap and water and there’s no “station” to clutter up the small sink area.
- Intercept Technology could put an end to rashes and skin irritation.
- Much louder than other electric razors and it can develop an annoying vibration.
- Intercept Technology can make cleaning a more difficult process.
- Not everyone wants a cordless razor powered by a non-lithium battery.
- If foil screens are defective or pop out, you can cut or nick your face.
- Not even close to Arc 3 in terms of closer shave
- You may have to replace foil screens more often than manufacturer claims.
- Cheap built-quality (Plastic Made)
Video Review (5:56 Minutes)
The Wahl Professional 8061 is a classic electric shaver and targeted for professionals. Being an American Brand, Wahl is only available to US consumers. From the design, it looks simple yet elegant. The built-quality is all plastic but feels good to grip and hold. Under the mid-range price, the 8061 electric shaver is solid option for the money.
What we love about the Wahl Professional 8061 is its Dynaflex cutting system. This system is designed to provide more flexibility and reach to the electric razor. You can avoid all types of burns and cuts with this awesome feature. It also improves and delivers an efficient cutting mechanism to the users. On top of that, the Hypoallergenic foils aim to provide close and comfortable shave. These foils make this electric shaver perfect for users with ultra-sensitive skin. It helps to protect skin from bacteria and microbial growth. There is also a pop-up trimmer with the electric razor to trip down mustache and sideburns.
The Wahl Professional 8061 Electric Shaver is only suitable for daily use. It may not be able to handle long or coarse beards. For best results, you are required to make use it on routine basis as it’s a finishing shaver. If you are looking for an electric shaver for closest shave, we would again recommend Arc 3 in similar price range. When using the shaver, it also creates much noise when compared to its competitors. Just like other budgeted models, the 8061 Electric Shaver lacks the cleaning station. But it is rather easy to clean whenever required. The 8061 Electric Shaver is also very travel-friendly due to its prolonged battery life. You can get 90 minutes of operation at full speeds after a complete recharge. There’s no shortage of accessories included with this Wahl shaver: get the tool, foil guard, automatic recharging stand, wall charger, cleaning brush and easy-to-follow instructions.
For its good features and affordable price, the Wahl Professional 8061 Electric Shaver is definitely a recommended buy. It is an excellent choice for sensitive skin due to its hypoallergenic foil heads. For over a century, the manufacturer has a solid reputation and believes in providing quality electric shavers to the users.
- Designed to tame stubble hair, this is the brand preferred by professional hair groomers.
- Quiet, uniform performance that won’t jolt you awake first thing in the morning.
- Much easier to clean due to simple design
- Good option for travellers due to long battery life
- Very affordable for budget-focused users
- Hypoallergenic foil heads make it ideal for sensitive skin
- To achieve the best results, one must move the tool in different directions; sensitive skin can get irritated.
- No wet and dry feature
- Noisy operation
- Can become uncomfortable due to heated operation
- Only suitable for short and stiff hair
Video Review (5:20 Minutes)
Issues Faced when Picking Up the Best Electric Shavers on the Market
Before landing on our electric shaver review, you must have searched for and read several reviews on the same subject. Some of the common issues with most electric razor reviews include having no idea about what you are talking about. The reviewers may not have actually tested or used the product in person but curated or rewrote the already existing information on the internet. This is why it is important to read information from a credible and trusted source.
There is actually no best electric shaver literally! What is best for me may not actually suit your needs. Every man is different from each other and their shaving habits are also quite unique. So, choosing and buying an electric shaver is a matter of personal preference.
However, there’s a list of critical factors to consider when picking up the best electric shaver for men. These include:
- Facial hair quality
- Roughness of hair
- Skin Sensitivity
- Frequency of Shaving
- Buying Budget
By keeping these important aspects in mind, your chance of getting the perfect electric shaver on the market becomes much prominent.
Should I Buy Rotary Electric Razor or Foil Electric Razor?
By now, you must have realized the fact that foil-based electric razors are more common than rotary razors. Most of the well-known brands such as Braun, Panasonic, Wahl and Remington manufacture foil shavers. On the other hand, high-quality rotary razors are only produced by Philips. There are definitely other brands which manufacture rotary shavers but honestly, they are not good enough to receive our recommendation.
Now, the most important question is which type of electric razors are the best to buy? Well, the answer to this question depends on your precise requirements. The rotary electric razors are generally better for cutting longer hair and they offer a quiet operation. On the other hand, the foil razors are best at close and comfortable shave. You budget is also a decisive factor when buying any electric razor. I personally prefer foil electric shavers as precision, comfort and close shave is my top priority. Unlike rotary shavers, you also get a lot more brand options to pick among foil shavers. They also seem to be safe and pleasant for users with sensitive skin.
The RPM of rotary razors is considerably low as compared to CPM of foil razors. You will find a significant difference between 1,000 RPM of Rotary and 14,000 CPM of foil shaver. This is exactly why the foil razors outrank rotary shavers in terms of comfort, safety and closer shave. The foil shavers will suit you better if you like to shave after every 2 to 4 days maximum. Again, for longer hairs and coarse beards, the rotary shavers are our recommended choice. The foil shavers can also get much hot because of their high-speed CPM and blades rubbing against the foil. This problem is clearly sorted out in premium models of Braun. However, if you are planning to buy a cheap foil razor, you may encounter the heat problem against your skin.
In the end, your final choice of best electric razor actually depends on your needs and budget. What works for you may not work for anyone else. Overall, the disadvantages of owing a foil electric razor are somewhat low as compared to rotary shavers.
Electric Shaver Buyer’s Guide
Having reviewed the top electric shavers above, you may still have questions about the shaving experience and selection process of razors. That’s why we wrote this buyer’s guide to help you make an informed decision.
No matter if you are on a budget or require a special electric razor for coarse beard, the following information is designed to help you narrow down your choices.
Wrap Up: The Best Electric Shavers for Men in 2019-20
If you feel like suffering from an information overload, you’re not alone. Over the past few years, the technological advances in electric shavers are pretty overwhelming. And of course, the diversity of top electric shavers covered in our review is intentional to cater every man’s needs. You can compare best brands, pricing and features to pick the right electric shaver for the money.
Finally, you may see some of the top electric shavers to get discontinued or upgraded with a newer model. In that case, we will update our review with the best replacement model available on the market. Overall, choosing the best electric razor is a tedious task and we tried to make that process easier for you. If you have any questions or suggestions, you are welcome to post your feedback in the comments section below.