- Best Espresso Machine Under $200
- Our Top 5 Picks of Best Espresso Machine under 200
- 1. Mr Coffee ECMP1000 Cafe Barista Premium Espresso and Cappuccino System – Make Coffeehouse Beverages From Your Kitchen
- 2. DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Stainless Steel Espresso Maker – Unleash Your Inner Barista
- 3. Flair Espresso Maker – Manual Press – Brew Espresso With Flair
- 4. Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Steel Espresso Maker – Everything You Need To Brew Espresso
- 5. Capresso EC100 Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine – Enjoy Gourmet Coffee Beverages Made By You
- Buying Guide: Getting Best Espresso Machine Under 200
Pick the best espresso machine under 200 while not compromising on the features of expensive espresso machines.
Espresso is such a cosmopolitan way to enjoy coffee. You can’t help but think about being in a swanky little Italian bistro in the city when sipping on an espresso shot. It has a robust coffee flavor that has less caffeine than a traditional cup of coffee.
Here are the 3 Best Espresso Machines under $200 range. We selected them based on their features, pricing and value for your money. Do stay with us and we’ll review each of these espresso machines in more detail below.
- Cappuccino System: Advanced Manual Frother
- Water Tank: (Removable) 44 Oz.
- Energy-saving: Yes
- Accommodates Taller Glasses: Yes
- Finish: Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 11 x 9.1 x 11.6 inches
- Weight: 13.9 pounds
- Cappuccino System: Easy-to-use swivel frother
- Water Tank: Yes (Removable) 46 Oz.
- Energy-saving: No
- Accommodates Taller Glasses: -
- Finish: Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 8.2 x 11.8 inches
- Weight: 9.6 pounds
A tasty good espresso begins with the best espresso machine. An espresso machine forces pressurized hot water through a basket filled with well-grounded coffee beans and then a filter for a short time. It produces a rich, concentrated coffee beverage known as espresso using only water and coffee. To add to its richness, espresso forms its own crema, which is a tan foam that coats the top.
Sitting in a cafe every morning to enjoy an espresso is impractical for people with careers and families. Not to mention it can get expensive. With your own best espresso machine, you can indulge in a cup of espresso right at home. Many espresso machines are expensive, but there are some cheaper and best espresso machines under 200 as well.
Best Espresso Machine Under $200
When you have one of the best espresso machines, you consistently get delicious espressos every time you brew. Expensive espresso machines usually take the credit for creating coffee shop quality espressos. However, a top-notch espresso maker doesn’t have to break the bank, nor does it have to sacrifice quality. There are some good espresso machines for people on a budget. A few cheaper espresso machines under $200 are delivering similar results, such as Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 and Flair Espresso Maker.
Our Top 5 Picks of Best Espresso Machine under 200
|Mr Coffee ECMP1000|
|9 pounds||12 x 14 x 12.2 in|
|DeLonghi EC702||13.4 pounds||11 x 9.1 x 11.6 in|
|Flair Espresso Maker||4.9 pounds||13.7 x 10.2 x 4 in|
|Breville ESP8XL||13.2 pounds||12 x 12 x 15 in|
|Capresso EC100||10.1 pounds||10.2 x 8.2 x 11.8 in|
Hopefully, the reviews below will help you decide which is the best espresso machine under 200 to call your own.
1. Mr Coffee ECMP1000 Cafe Barista Premium Espresso and Cappuccino System – Make Coffeehouse Beverages From Your Kitchen
Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 is our best espresso machine under 200. It in inexpensive and can turn your kitchen into a coffee shop by using a 15-bar pump system to produce high-quality coffee beverages. The fully automatic machine allows you to make coffeehouse beverages, such as espressos, cappuccinos and lattes. It even can make many of those fancy coffee recipes, like espresso martinis, toffee lattes and caramel cappuccinos.
With the one-touch control panel, you can have a single or double shot of espresso, latte or cappuccino ready to drink in a short amount of time. A convenient indicator light glows to show your current selection, which will prevent any confusion.
The control panel also has a button that controls the automatic milk frother that is excellent for cappuccinos and lattes. No more trying to figure out how to properly froth milk.
Mr. Coffee Espresso maker has two large reservoirs for water and milk. Each reservoir holds a substantial amount of liquid to make several coffee beverages. They are easy to fill and removable, which make them easy to clean.
The cup tray is adjustable, allowing you to change the height to suit larger and smaller coffee cups. Additionally, you can keep your space free of spills, thanks to the drip tray. It catches any drips from staining your countertops and is removable and washable.
Mr. Coffee Espresso Machine comes with filters for single and double espresso shots, a tamper tool, a measuring scoop and coffee recipes. It also is available in three colors. It is the best espresso machine for home in less than 200 dollars.
- Makes Single and Double Shots
- One-Touch Control Panel
- 15-Bar Pump System
- Automatic Milk Frother
- Adjustable Cup Tray
- Drip Tray
- Measuring Scoop
- Coffee Recipes
- Easy to Clean
- Available in 3 colors: White, Red & Stainless Steel
- The Best espresso machine under 200 dollars
- For some customers, the engineering of the machine is substandard.
- After a few weeks, the milk frother stopped working properly for some customers.
2. DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Stainless Steel Espresso Maker – Unleash Your Inner Barista
Why visit a barista when you can become a barista using The DeLonghi EC702? With the DeLonghi EC702, you can brew authentic decadent espressos, creamy cappuccinos and luscious lattes at perfect temperatures.
Two separate thermostats accurately control the water and steam pressure to ensure you achieve the perfect temperature every time you brew. A consistent temperature helps to brew several cups at one time.
The DeLonghi Espresso Maker has a sturdy stainless steel construction that is designed to last for many years. Additionally, it uses a 15-bar pump pressure system to make authentic coffee beverages.
Unlike other espresso makers, this machine takes all the work out of the preparation process. It automatically self-primes so you won’t have to do it.
You can use coffee pods and ground coffee with the DeLonghi espresso machine. The double function patented three-in-one filter holder was designed to support both of them. Also, you can prepare a single or double shot of espresso with the filter holder. One section is for a single shot, the second section is for the double shot and the third section holds a coffee pod.
The Sempre Crema Filter helps you prepare the perfect espresso topped with just the right amount of crema. With two scoops of finely ground coffee, the Sempre Crema Filter goes to work elevating the brewing process to form the perfect crema.
It comes with a 44-ounce water tank that is easy to remove and fill up. It’s transparent so you can see the water levels and know when it is time to refill.
If you’re more of a cappuccino or latte drinker, then you’ll appreciate the manual cappuccino frother. The patented frother mixes steam and milk in a chamber until a rich, creamy froth develops.
DeLonghi EC702 is the runner up among the best home espresso machine 2018. We really like efficiency and effectiveness of this automatic espresso machine that can be delivered at your door steps under $200 price range.
- Stainless Steel Boiler
- 15-Bar Professional Pump System
- Self-Priming Operation
- Makes 3 Different Coffee Beverages
- Makes Single and Double Shots
- Manual Frother
- Sempre Crema Filter
- Takes Pods and Ground Coffee
- 3-in-1 Filter Holder
- Warming Tray For Cups
- Automatic Flow Stop
- Drip Tray
- Removable 44-Oz. Water Tank
- Automatic Standby Function
- Temperature Control
- Easy to Clean
- For some customers, the machine malfunctioned after a few months.
- Coffee filters began to drip too slowly after a while.
- Bad customer service.
3. Flair Espresso Maker – Manual Press – Brew Espresso With Flair
Flair Espresso Maker is unlike any best espresso machine under 200 dollars you have ever seen. Its retro design is stylish and takes up less space compared to traditional espresso makers. There are no batteries or plugs to tangle, break or limit your reach.
If the Flair Espresso Maker doesn’t run on electricity, than what powers it? This machine can produce a premium double shot of espresso in 25 to 45 seconds using only a lever. The process is fairly simple:
- Fill the measuring cup with finely ground coffee.
- Pour the ground coffee from the measuring cup into the portafilter.
- Tamp the ground coffee in the portafilter using the measuring cup.
- Position the portafilter into the red holder.
- Pour boiling water into the cylinder to preheat it.
- Place the preheated cylinder on top of the portafilter.
- Fill the cylinder with hot water.
- Insert the piston into the cylinder.
- Firmly pull down the lever.
The Flair Espresso Maker is engineered with a durable removable, stainless steel brew head and an aluminum press stand. It’s so sturdy that it is backed by a five-year warranty.
It’s easy to keep clean because the whole manual espresso maker is detachable. In fact, it’s the only espresso maker on the market that features a detachable brew head. Due to its compact design and removable parts, you can take it anywhere. It even comes with a storage and carrying case. This amazing espresso machine is under $200 at Amazon store.
- Stylish, Retro Design
- Sturdy, Compact Construction
- Needs No Electricity
- Completely Detachable
- Backed By 5-Year Warranty
- Takes 25 to 45 Seconds To Brew
- Lever Produces 8-16 Bar Pressure
- Easy To Clean
- Convenient Storage and Carrying Case
- Light Assembly Required
- Some parts of the espresso maker may get too hot.
- May take some time to master the process.
4. Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Steel Espresso Maker – Everything You Need To Brew Espresso
The overall design is a compacted, similar model of a larger espresso maker. It would work well on your kitchen countertops and complement many different types of kitchen decor. With a durable stainless steel exterior and accessories, the Breville Cafe Roma was built to last. Your guests will think you paid more for it.
You can brew up a good quality espresso with a great flavor, thanks to the Thermoblock pump that generates 15 bars of pressure to get the job done. A Thermoblock pump heats the water from the tank super-fast by pumping small bursts of water onto an extremely hot block.
Espresso shots should achieve a beautiful crema with the help of the two-wall filter system. If milk is added, this system allows the espresso maker to create a creamy froth without interfering with the brewing process for the espresso.
This espresso machine is easy to keep clean due to its stainless construction and drip tray. With the drip tray, all your espresso spills, drips and splatters are caught before ruining your countertops. We really like the quality and features of Breville ESP8XL and that’s exactly why it gets the 4th position on our list of best espresso machine under 200.
- Sturdy Stainless Steel Design
- 15-Bar Pressure
- Thermoblock Pump
- Dual-Wall Filter System
- Removable Drip Tray
- Removable Grid
- Measuring Spoon
- Frother Jug
- Cup-warming plate
- 28-Oz. Water Tank
- Tamping Tool
- Cleaning Tool
- Filter easily clogs.
- Doesn’t heat espresso shots well.
- Only has a 1-year warranty.
- May not work with certain types of coffee.
- Machine malfunctions after a few weeks for some folks.
5. Capresso EC100 Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine – Enjoy Gourmet Coffee Beverages Made By You
This machine receives our recommendation for the best budget espresso machine under $150.
Every cup of espresso is brewed using the stainless steel-lined Thermoblock heating system. With the dual sieves, you can brew up to two espressos at a time. As for a single sieve, it should be utilized with espresso pods or ground coffee.
For cappuccino and latte lovers, there are two frothing parts that allow you to effortlessly steam and froth milk. A Frothing Sleeve for cappuccinos is the first frothing part. It covers the Steam Tube for lattes. The Frothing Sleeve injects air and hot steam into milk. As the air swirls the hot milk, it begins to thicken into a creamy froth for your cappuccinos.
Steam Tubes are the second frothing part. To use the Steam Tubes, remove the Frothing Sleeve. These tubes only use hot steam which is injected into milk. This process makes great lattes. Both frothing parts should be thoroughly cleaned to keep them working properly.
Additionally, Capresso EC100 features a large, removable 46 ounce water tank, removable stainless steel drip tray, stainless steel warming cup platform and indicator lights that let you know when the machine is on and whether it’s brewing coffee or steaming. It is the best espresso machine under 150 range. It has some manual functions unlike automatic machines, however it still provides great value for your money.
- Sturdy, Stainless Steel Design
- Makes Gourmet Coffee Drinks
- Brews Up To Two Espresso Shots At A Time
- ThermoBlock Heating System
- Uses Coffee Pods And Ground Coffee
- Frothing Sleeve For Cappuccinos
- Steam Tubes For Lattes
- 46-Oz. Water Tank
- Drip Tray
- Warming Cup Platform
- Self-Locking Filter Holder With Thumb Guard
- Unlimited Steam Output
- Easy To Clean
- Only has a 1-year warranty.
- The machine malfunctioned after a short period of time.
- Bad customer service for some customers.
Since the 1880s, Europe has made a big deal over coffee. It was easy to sell and the Europeans loved it. Many inventors tirelessly worked to improve the brews and decrease the long brewing process time. It was during these attempts that espresso was born. During this time, there were so many patents and prototypes developed. However, the person who gets the credit for creating espresso and the machine is an Italian man named Angelo Moriondo. He was given the patent in 1884.
Today, people all around the world are fascinated with the vibrant taste, intoxicating aroma, rich, smooth texture and its decadent crema. Coffee shops, cafes and bistros everywhere make espressos and use it as ingredient for other coffee beverages. Many of these flavors are so deliciously addictive that you want to re-create that first time you had it over and over again.
The inexpensive espresso machines listed above can bring your favorite espresso drinks anywhere with you for under $200. With these cheap espresso machines, you can become a Barista and impress your family and friends with coffeehouse-quality beverages straight from your kitchen. These espresso makers are easy to use, complement any countertop and bring back all your coffee shop memories.
Buying Guide: Getting Best Espresso Machine Under 200
Buying the best espresso machine under 200 is a process in itself. With all the coffee terminology, it is difficult trying to figure out what you need. First thing to know is that there is a difference between regular coffee and espresso that’s why each tastes different.
Espresso cannot be made with the same type of coffee beans you use to make a regular cup of coffee. A great espresso starts with a more superb coffee. Also, it goes through a different brewing process that intensifies the flavor and finishes it off with a beautiful, rich crema.
Coffee shops make many different coffee beverages using espresso. You need to know which ones you regularly enjoy and find the best espresso machine in the $200 price range that makes some of your favorite espresso drinks.
So far, there are only four types of espresso machines that you should know about before making a purchase:
- Manual Espresso Machines – These machines produce authentic espresso without using any electricity. You have to put some work in by pulling down a lever.
- Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine – There are electric pumps inside these machines which take some of the work out of the espresso-making process.
- Fully Automatic Espresso Maker – As a fully automatic espresso maker, it has an electric pump and it plays more of a role in the espresso brewing process. They’re easier to use than the semi-automatic espresso machines.
- Super Automatic Espresso Machine – If you’re not concerned with price, than you’ll love this type of espresso machine. It’s easy to use and does everything for you.
Espresso Machines are designed with many types of features and capabilities. However, these machines comes in a variety of prices as well. So it is best to make a checklist of things you should consider before buying a best espresso machine under 200. Here is a list of a few factors to think about:
- Cost – If you are on a budget, it is a good idea to establish a price range before shopping for an espresso machine. There are many espresso machine under 200 price range as well as very expensive. The top-of-the-line espresso machine models are designed with quality materials and have plenty of features that bump up its value. When cost is your main concern, however, you should probably put the machine’s cost above anything else.
- Read Espresso Machine Reviews – Don’t jump into purchasing an espresso machine without first weighing in on its pros and cons. Read the best espresso machine reviews left by customers. These unbiased reviews will help you determine whether buying the product is worth it in the long run. Choosing the best espresso machine under 200 dollars budget is tough, however reading reviews will make it easier for you.
- Warranty – Always check an espresso machine’s warranty before buying. If something goes wrong you’ll want to find out what are your options and is your money protected.
- Easy To Use – Let’s face it. If any type of appliance is too difficult to figure out because it comes with a Bible-sized manual, then it will probably stay in its box. Find an espresso maker under 200 dollars that is easy to use, has simple useful features and looks great on your kitchen countertop.
- Makes Cleanup A Breeze – Check to make sure that an espresso machine is easy to take apart to clean. Many espresso machines malfunction or don’t work properly if they are dirty. It is important to know that you are purchasing the best espresso machine that can be easily cleaned.
- A Tamping Tool – Any Barista will tell you that tamping is essential to making a successful espresso. Tamping tightly compresses ground coffee into the portafilter, where the water and coffee grinds meet during the brewing process. It is mandatory to tamp because you must create a space between the sieve and the coffee grounds. If there is no space between the two, then the wet coffee grounds will swell and cause a mess. Another reason is because water will not be able to properly extract all the flavors from loose coffee grounds. Therefore, it will negatively affect the way your espresso taste.
- Frother – A milk frother is great for anyone that like different types of espresso drinks or prefer a splash of milk in their espresso.
- Water Filter – A water filter is a must-have feature to ensure a quality espresso. Unfiltered water can alter the way your espresso taste. A simple water filter can make all the difference between a great and bad espresso machine.
- Cup Warmer – If you like your espresso hot, then you’ll appreciate what a cup warmer can do for you. A cold cup can cool off your hot espresso. So, a cup warmer may be a good idea.
There you have it! I hope you liked our review of the best espresso machine under 200 dollars price range.
It’s not a rule of thumb that the most expensive espresso machines are also the best ones.
Sometimes, you can get a top-notch espresso machine in a reasonable price and it will deliver great value for your money in the long run.
Mr Coffee ECMP1000 is our #1 espresso machine that falls under 200 price bracket.
If you are still not sure, you can go through our best espresso machine comparison chart again.
Just compare and cross-analyse the features within the table and you will see which espresso machine will rightly suit your needs.
Majority of the best espresso machine under 200 in our comparison chart of this review are automatic. However, the budgeted one like Capresso EC100 is manual so you can’t expect the top features in that price tag.