- Top Rated RV Washer Dryer Combo Comparison Chart
- Best RV Washer Dryer Combo 2022 Reviews (Updated Picks)
- 1. Splendide WD2100XC White Vented Combo Washer Dryer
- 2. Westland WDC7100XC Ventless Washer Dryer Combo
- 3. Splendide ARWXF129W RV Camper Trailer Washer Dryer Combo
- 4. Best Choice Products Compact and Portable Mini Twin Tub Washing Machine
- 5. Giantex Compact Portable Twin Tub Mini Washer and Dryer
- 6. ThinkGizmos TG23 Portable Washer Dryer
- 7. Super Deal Portable RV Washer and Dryer Combo
- 8. KUPPET Mini Portable Washer and Dryer
- 9. ZENY Mini Compact Portable RV Washer and Spin Dryer
- 10. Westland Splendide WDC7100XC Ventless Washer and Dryer Combo
- A Comprehensive Buying Guide to RV Washer Dryer Combos
- What is RV Washer Dryer Combo?
- How does a RV Washer Dryer Combo Actually Work?
- Factors to Consider When Investing in an RV Washer and Dryer
- Types of RV Washers and Dryers on the Market
- The Benefits of a RV Washer and Dryer Combo
- RV Washer and Dryer Combo FAQs
Tired of handwashing or lugging your laundry to onsite facilities?
You are not alone! This is a pain in the behind that many RVers share. It is an inconvenience shared by students in dorms and people who live in small apartments and condominiums too.
The answer to this problem is a washer and dryer combo.
Our team tested a wide range of products from high-end combo units that challenge the best washing machines and dryers for the home to portables that you can use with ease in a small RV bathroom.
Don’t have a big budget? Not a problem. Join us as you’ll get completely blown away by portable twin tub washer spin dryer combos that cost just about $100 and even closer to $50 in one particular case!
Top Rated RV Washer Dryer Combo Comparison Chart
Our team has chosen the 10 best RV washer dryer sets on the market right now. Before we dive into the product-specific reviews, here is a handy chart that you can use to consider all ten machines at a glance. Note the specifications and cost differences, and click any link to jump ahead to that specific review.
Best RV Washer Dryer Combo 2022 Reviews (Updated Picks)
Are you searching online to shop for the highest quality RV washing machine and dryer? Welcome to our dedicated reviews for the products we consider to be the best available! You should to be able to find a diverse range that can accommodate every kind of RVer. Better yet, this buyer’s guide is updated regularly as new units become readily available.
1. Splendide WD2100XC White Vented Combo Washer Dryer
No products found.
- Vented machine can wash up to 11 pounds and seamlessly transition from wash to dry.
- The AC motor and drum build give you an at-home level of performance unparalleled for RVs.
- Balancing and noise suppression tech ensure super-silent operation at all times.
Splendide is among the most prestigious brands in washers and dryers for RVs and apartments. This model is its crowning achievement and the best RV washer dryer combo that we’ve ever tested.
Our team is always gravitated towards combo models because they take up less precious space, and they tend to be more convenient. We love putting in a load and returning to wash that just needs folding.
On top of all that, being vented makes a big difference in vibrations, wrinkles and smell.
Another advantage of this unit is that it features an 11-pound capacity when drying. That capacity is quite large relative to the segment. Not only this, it is also quite important when doing an all-in-one cleaning cycle since you are limited to the spin cycle rather than the wash cycle, which is usually bigger.
The machine is flawlessly balanced and features a near-silent motor, which means it is quiet even in less-than-ideal environments. Even better, the lint filter is self-cleaning and effective. Automatic water control is a feature too, and your unit can even dispense laundry aids automatically throughout the cycle.
On the downside, the WD2100XC is a bit pricey up front. It is definitely a hassle-free and confident investment for the long run, but that does not help an RVer on a tighter budget. Our team also found the unit to be a tad on the slow side relative to other units in similar price range. You can expect about 40 minutes for each cycle. So, this means that it will take around 80 minutes for a complete wash & dry and perhaps more if your clothes are particularly soiled.
2. Westland WDC7100XC Ventless Washer Dryer Combo
- Similar to the Splendide WD2100XC but ventless rather than vented.
- Features automatic water control and the option to dispense laundry aids throughout the cycle.
- Well-balanced and features a lot of noise suppression to ensure quiet operation in most cases.
You may notice many similarities between the Westland WDC7100XC and Splendide WD2100XC. The units are quite similar in many ways with the biggest difference being that this unit is ventless.
That can be a plus for you if vented is not an option for whatever reason. Otherwise, it tends to be a negative. Keep in mind that drying times can be even longer and wrinkles are more of a problem. Furthermore, the ventless version tends to rock more, which means it can be a lot louder if its compartment is not properly insulated.
Otherwise, this unit tends to compare quite favorably to its sister model. We even tend to prefer the more modern and metallic aesthetic here, but that would not be a deciding point for us.
Fortunately, use of this machine is just a joy compared to other ventless models. The wide door makes it easy to load and unload. We love the well-designed control panel that makes it quite simple to set your cycles appropriately.
As with the Splendide WD2100XC, this is a high-end combo washer dryer for RVs. The price reflects that, but you get what you pay for, and we think most consumers in this range will be quite pleased overall.
3. Splendide ARWXF129W RV Camper Trailer Washer Dryer Combo
- Clothes Washer/ Clothes Dryer/ Combo Unit; Splendide CLOTHES WASHER; 23-1/2 Inch Width x 32-7/8 Inch Height x 22-3/4 Inch Depth; White; 15 Pounds Wash Capacity; 13 Wash...
- A compact, standalone dryer that stacks on top of a compact, standalone washing machine.
- Features nearly 20 distinct wash cycles so that you can choose the ideal cycle for a particular load.
- Integrated self-diagnostics as well as a self-cleaning pump and a slide-out dispenser.
This Splendide RV washer dryer combo is one of the best compact and stackable setup we’ve reviewed till now. It is important to note that the ARWXF129W model number actually refers just to the washer. While, the dryer model number is TVM63XNA. Many retailers sell these units separately but actually advertise with the combo image, so do watch for that.
If you are not a fan of the combo setup and prefer a distinct washer and dryer, we highly recommend this pairing. For the quality, its overall pricing is just excellent and comparable to the two combo units we’ve already reviewed.
For those interested, this washing machine is similar to other models as it offers a 15-pound load capacity. It also features 13 wash cycles as well as four special wash options. This enables you to pick not just the style of wash but the time each cycle takes and water consumed, which is a big reason this machine scored so well with Energy Star.
So, while we liked the washing a bit better overall, we rated the drying somewhat less. Although, it is nice to own a standalone dryer, the cycle takes anywhere from 60 to 80 minutes, which feels like eternity.
4. Best Choice Products Compact and Portable Mini Twin Tub Washing Machine
- Designed as a portable washer with a spin cycle for use in limited spaces.
- Features a 1300RPM motor and can hold up to 13 pounds of weight at a time.
- The wash cycle is just 15 minutes, while spin cycle is 5 minutes and you can opt for even less.
If you are looking for a portable solution that you can use not just in an RV but in a small apartment, dormitory or just about anywhere you have a water source, this unit really is the perfect choice for the money.
Not only is the pricing just right, but what may really surprise you is just how powerful it is. The only trade-off is the washing capacity, which is a bit low at 8 pounds, but it can also wash that load fast.
The maximum wash cycle is 15 minutes, but you will rarely need that much time. In fact, we found about 6 to 9 minutes to be the sweat spot for most loads that were not heavily soiled.
On top of all that, its spin cycle is surprisingly effective too, but be mindful that not all clothes will be ready for wear. It actually depends! In our experience, items like jeans need to be hung in order to complete the drying procedure.
That said, we were pleased with how much laundry we were able to wash as fast as we did.
On the downside, the unit can be a little noisy and if you want quiet performance in a fixed location, you will need to find an appropriate base. Also, this unit lacks fixture options. Its configured out of the box to sit in a tub, so if you want to connect it to a sink, for instance, then you may need some additional hardware.
5. Giantex Compact Portable Twin Tub Mini Washer and Dryer
- 【Easy to Operate】: This is our portable mini compact twin tub washing machine which is easy for you to operate. Saving so much time that you don't have to go to a...
- Twin tub design boasts an 11-pound washing capacity and 6.6-pound spin capacity.
- The washing cycle is 15 minutes and spin cycle is 5 minutes, but you can also set it to less timing.
- An integrated filter traps lint and other particles during the wash cycle.
Giantex is a big name among portable washers, but its product is a runner-up to the Best Choice model reviewed above.
What we love about Ginatex is its tub size. You get an 11-pound washing capacity as opposed to 8 pounds and a 6.6-pound spin capacity as compared to 5 pounds.
But does that added capacity makes a big difference? Not in our experience. That is because the motor of the Best Choice product is just stronger and so loads tend to get finished a bit quicker.
We found that this unit tends to be a bit more expensive, so the Best Choice wins in that department as well. However, Ginatex model is still an excellent option if you need a portable washer dryer for cleaning clothes fast in a small space.
We also want to mention that the Best Choice washing machine came with poor instructions. Then, we reconsidered after reading these. The English text is just not well-written and impossible to understand at times. Amazingly, you will find this same kind of text posted online for the product as well.
6. ThinkGizmos TG23 Portable Washer Dryer
- AWESOME CLEANING: Latest portable washing machine with spin dryer. The strong and durable Portable Washing Machines features two tubs 1 for washing and 1 for spinning. It...
- Portable washer does not need plumbing, just access to water and a drain area.
- A compact, lightweight design makes it easy to move and use just about anywhere.
- A familiar twin tub design but surprisingly achieved with a stylish look that most other products lack.
ThinkGizmos TG23 is also quite similar to the Best Choice portable we reviewed earlier. The only reason we ranked this product lower is because it inexplicably features a smaller spin tub. Keep in mind, its 4.4-pound capacity compared to 5 pounds may not seem like much, but it matters when you need to spin dry the clothes that are being washed in a wash tub that has an 8-pound capacity.
If this is the drawback you can live with, then we can highly recommend ThinkGizmos. Although similar enough that we think these came from the same core manufacturer, the knobs and other elements feel a bit better. Additionally, the silver-on-black aesthetic just looks better than the plastic-y blue.
Some of the issues we’ve experienced with the Best Choice product are also present here. With a powerful washer, it can be a bit noisy. Fortunately, this may not matter in your tub with bathroom door closed, but if you prefer a more elegant installation, a proper base to dampen vibrations will be needed for sure.
7. Super Deal Portable RV Washer and Dryer Combo
- ★ Twin Tub Design - With the Twin Tub dual function design, this washing machine can save your precious time by washing and spinning dry loads at the same time. You can...
- Wash 8 pounds of laundry while you are also spin drying 5 pounds.
- Choose the wash time and amount of water based on the load.
- Better than many full-size washers at dealing with tough-to-remove stains.
This portable washer and dryer combo is quite similar to other portable twin tub units we have reviewed. It does not offer the extra capacity that the Giantex model offers, but just like the Best Choice model, it gives you a powerful motor and rigorous washing action that washes clothes really well.
In fact, that is really where the Super Deal and these twin tub units excel in general. You can wash a heavily soiled item or outfit and get them cleaned in a way that a regular washer cannot. We had a team member buy one of these units for the garage solely in order to clean her daughter’s soccer clothes.
Any particular reason why we ranked this model lower than others? Well, with these models that were so close to each other, we leaned heavily on consumer feedback for the product, customer support and so forth.
That said, if you ever find this model at a better price, buy it with confidence.
8. KUPPET Mini Portable Washer and Dryer
- ▲【QUICK & EASY CLEAN】KUPPET mini compact twin tub washing machine, which is prefer for doing laundry in a compact environment. it's very easy to operate, allows you...
- This mini portable washing machine lets you wash laundry wherever you are.
- Features a 5.7-pound wash capacity and a 3.3-pound spin capacity.
- Can run up to 10/5 minutes per wash/spin cycle, but you can set it to lower value.
Many of the portable washer dryer combos we tested were very similar. This product by Kuppet immediately caught our attention because it tried to offer something a bit different.
Rather than featuring a twin tub design, it simply uses a single tub that switches mode. This is either clever or inconvenient depending on how you use the machine. It works great as a quick option for those weekend adventures but probably will not serve you well if you are regularly washing entire loads.
One of our most favorite features is the cute design, which is available in blue and purple color. The motor is surprisingly powerful, and we were impressed by how well it removed stains from jeans and the like.
You can truly sit back, relax and enjoy luxury of this washer and dryer combo. Just set its timer anywhere from 1 to 15 minutes and stop it whenever you want. To dry, you have to empty it and put in the spin basket, which can be a bit inconvenient. But, fortunately the spin cycle is quite impressive and rivals the spin cycle of large twin tub portables we tested. While using the machine, you need to be careful about not using too much soap.
9. ZENY Mini Compact Portable RV Washer and Spin Dryer
- COMPACT MINI TWIN TUB WASHING MACHINE- One tub for excellent washing and one tub for spin cycle to help dry garments. The compact washer can be easily stored away which...
- Powerful, rigorous washing action plus a side tub for a spin cycle.
- Set the wash cycle and the spin cycle independent of each other and run them simultaneously.
- Fill by hose or with a bucket and drain via the integrated gravity drain system.
This RV washer and dryer combo by ZENY is another take on the twin tub portable design that is just so prevalent in the marketplace right now. It is a great option for RVs, apartments, dorms and so forth.
The force at which the water is agitated is better than large home units. That also means that it can create a lot of suds from a little soap, so be extra careful until you get a feel for it.
We did find this unit to be a little more finnicky when it comes to balancing as compared to the Best Choice model. Having to get your jeans just right in the cannister is why this unit fell down in our list.
10. Westland Splendide WDC7100XC Ventless Washer and Dryer Combo
- Ventless design means that you do not need ventilation connections to install.
- Features automatic water control and the option to dispense laundry aids throughout the cycle.
- Impressive noise suppression technology means quiet operation in most environments.
This washer dryer combo is essentially the same as the WDC7100XC reviewed at number two spot. If this particular version happens to be at a better price at the time you shop, choose it with confidence.
All of what is written earlier applies. This is the best ventless washer dryer combo on the market, but we do recommend vented if its practical for you, so consider that before purchasing.
Drying times are a comparatively long, which is not unusual with combo units. Wrinkles are an issue especially if you let the wash sit, which is not unusual with ventless units due to the nature of their design.
A Comprehensive Buying Guide to RV Washer Dryer Combos
A big challenge we faced when determining the 10 best RV washer dryer combos is the personal angle. Often, two products are only separated by few minor details that may not matter to you due to various factors such as camper size, when you use your RV and how you use it. Our buying guide plans to cover all the major aspects when it comes to buying a combo washer and dryer. We hope that it is good enough to deliver you all the key information you need to know to choose the ideal type of combo for you. It will also help to put our opinions in context, so that you can easily determine which pros and cons of products are relevant to you.
What is RV Washer Dryer Combo?
How does a RV Washer Dryer Combo Actually Work?
Since almost everyone at least has a basic understanding of how standalone washing machines and dryers work, let us focus specifically on combination units. Combos can range from small portable units, which are connected to a faucet or similar for washing, to larger units that are installed in a fixed location and connected to dedicated plumbing. The neat aspect of many combo models is that they truly give you a set it and forget it experience. Even some sink-connected portables are able to wash, rinse and then transform to a dry mode with no input from you beyond the initial setup.
Factors to Consider When Investing in an RV Washer and Dryer
For you, the selection of best RV washer and dryer combo depends on a number of factors. We have identified the 10 most crucial factors that you need to consider before deciding on a particular unit.
#1. Available Space
This is step number one. You need to determine the type of unit(s) you need based on specifics of your RV. If your RV has dedicated washer plumbing or you are willing to upgrade, then we highly recommend that style. Once you know the type and where it needs to be installed, measure that space. These units range greatly in size, height, width and depth to make big part of your purchasing decision.
#2. Load and Spin Capacity
Load capacity is also referred as washing capacity and informs you how much laundry you can wash during a single run. Spin capacity is also a similar concept but for dryers. The distinction becomes particularly important for combos that can switch from washing to drying automatically. A combo unit with an 8.8-pound load capacity but a 4.4-pound spin capacity effectively has a 4.4-pound load capacity whenever you wish to operate it in its set-and-forget mode.
#3. Water and Energy Efficiency
How important efficiency is greatly depends on how you plan to use your washer and dryer. If you only need to wash and dry only a handful of items to get you through the weekend, then it may not matter much. On the other hand, if you want to use the combo to wash and dry the bulk of your laundry on a regular basis, machines with energy-saving and water-saving features can save you significant amount of money in the end.
Noise from your combo depends on two factors: the unit itself and noise insulation. High-end units are able to produce very little noise in an ideal scenario due to implementation of balancing systems. But if your installation space is not well-insulated, then any vibrations can become amplified. Before you rush out and pull the trigger on your most favorite RV Washer Dryer Combo, do consider the noise levels of the unit. Also see if you can optimize your installation space for maximum quietness.
#5. Settings and Controls
The controls on a combo can be quite crowded since you have dials and buttons for both washer and dryer. Pay particular attention to intuitiveness and usability. As for features, note the various settings on the market and determine which ones you will actually use. We cannot cover all of them, but we do tend to favor balancing for quietness, venting for quicker drying and fresher smells and overnight modes so that we can set the combo before bed and wake up to clothes that are clean and dry.
#6. Steam Cycle
Traditional drying is accomplished via heated air. A dryer with a steam cycle will first perform conventional drying but then mist the drum in order to create steam. This steam gets deep into your clothes in order to soften the fabrics like a fabric softener and also reduces wrinkles.
#7. Steam Refresh
A dryer or combo with steam refresh is able to use steam in order to avoid wrinkles. This feature kicks in when drying is complete and continues until you open the unit and take out the clothes. Steam refresh is actually great if you will wash and dry overnight or while you are away from the RV for an extended period of time.
#8. Motion Sensor
Many RV washers, dryers and combos have motion sensors. A unit with a steam refresh feature, for instance, will initiate it when the drum comes to a stop. Some sensors are smart and can actually notify you via text message that the cycle has been completed and that the unit now requires your attention.
The drum is among the simplest aspects of an RV washer, dryer or combo. In a nutshell, there are both horizontally and vertically aligned drums. Front-loaded units tend to use a horizontal configuration while top-loaded units offer a vertical configuration. In terms of washing, horizontal seems to be gentler on your clothes, but vertical tends to allow for a bigger drum and thus more capacity.
#10. Drying Technology
Conventional drying technology uses only heated air to dry your clothes. A more modern approach follows the hot air cycle with a steam cycle in order to soften fabrics and avoid wrinkles. Many dryers have a post-cycle feature to avoid wrinkles until you collect the clothes. Furthermore, drying tech can either be vented or unvented. In case of vented machines, they exhaust the moisturized air. While, ventless machines use a condensing chamber to get rid of moisture, which is what actually makes ventless units much slower dryers in comparison.
Types of RV Washers and Dryers on the Market
- Portable: Portable washer dryer combos are light enough to carry when unfilled, so you can use them outdoors or in an apartment as well as in the RV. These units are often used in kitchens or bathrooms and can connect to existing plumbing rather than have their own dedicated supplies and returns. Portable units can be inconvenient if you have to drain them manually via a drainage tube into a sink, tub or similar.
- Compact and Stackable: These pairings include a standalone washer and a standalone dryer. Each unit is compact enough to fit in the laundry cubbyhole that most RVs have available. The dryer unit generally stacks on top of the washing unit. A nice aspect of this approach is that depending on the size of your RV, you can get a washer and a dryer that are comparable to the units that you would use at home in terms of capacity and speed.
- Vented: A vented washer dryer combo requires a vent to the outside. Many RVs offer this feature, and if yours does not, then you would need to install it. Through this vent, the dryer exhausts the used heated air that is filled with moisture. There are a number of advantages associated with vented drying, which includes the length of drying cycle as well as a fresher smell for clothes and the air around the dryer.
- Ventless: Vented is the ideal, but what if you have a camper, RV or apartment where adding ventilation is just not practical? That is where ventless dryers come in, which are also called unvented and non-vented. It is just a matter of convenience, but there is a trade-off as your clothes will dry slower. You would also need to be more careful about leaving items in the dryer as well as ventilating the space in which the dryer is used.
The Benefits of a RV Washer and Dryer Combo
If you ever had to wash your clothes by hand or had to lug laundry bags to camping grounds laundromat, you’d already appreciate the benefits on an intuitive level. But for those who are perhaps not yet convinced, let us break down this investment into what we feel are the most important advantages.
a) Easy Options for Limited Spaces
Never handwash or visit a laundromat again. It also does not matter how much space you have available. Even for campers and apartments where the space is limited, you will find appropriate compact options on the market that can be used and then stowed until need again.
b) Designed with RVs in Mind
Almost every compact and combo on the market has been designed with recreational vehicles in mind. These products may be multipurpose, but your particular RV needs have been accounted. Sink and tub faucet attachments, for instance, usually come with fittings specifically designed for RV hardware.
c) Quiet Operation
All of the products listed here and most quality products on the market are designed for low noise production. Manufacturers understand that consumers are using these units in small spaces where any excessive noise will be amplified. RVers also have options to further dampen and isolate noise.
d) User-Friendly Interfaces
Intuitive controls are probably the area where manufacturers have made the greatest strides of late. The user interfaces on combos and portables have caught up to the high-tech interfaces we expect at home. It has made it easier to use these units out of the box and master the advanced features sooner.
e) Reasonable Water Consumption
Another area where manufacturers have made great progress is the water consumption of washing machines. The portables are particularly good since they generally need only one fill. And, vented washing machines are comparable to home machines or better. On the other hand, ventless still tend to lag behind a bit.
f) Highly Portable and Mobile Washing Drying
Units not designed for a fixed location installation give you options. You can use it in your apartment when not RVing and set it up in the RV kitchen or bathroom. On a nice day, you even have the option to set it up outside while you relax so that you know exactly when the clothes are finished.
RV Washer and Dryer Combo FAQs
An important part of our review process is to look at consumer responses online—during the selection process and both in the short-term and over the long-term after purchase. Here are the four questions we found to be most prevalent among consumers before and even after buying their RV combos.
1) Which are the best RV washer dryer brands?
Consumers considering an RV washing machine and dryer for the first time are often surprised that the manufacturers are generally not the same found in the home living space. Not all brands are created equal, but you can certainly have confidence in the brands presented here: Splendide, Westland and so on. If you need to look beyond the brands included here, then we recommend sticking to manufacturers that are established and have a proven track record of building equipment that lasts.
2) How do you install an RV washer dryer?
Camper washer dryer installation can vary greatly from one product to the next. Units that have their own space are usually the most convenient since they connect to dedicated plumbing not unlike machines for the home and need to be installed just once. Portable units need to be installed with each use, and water is often provided by a kitchen sink, a bathroom tub or even just a hose.
3) How do you use an RV washer dryer?
Fixed units like the compact and stackable type are used much like any other washer and dryer. Portable washing machines generally have to be filled up manually and then drained manually when washing is complete. Portable dryers are simpler as they just need to be connected to a power source, but many portable dryers are not vented, which means that the drying can take a long time relatively.
4) How do you winterize an RV washer dryer?
Winterizing a washer or washer-dryer is necessary when a motorhome is stored and freezing temperatures may or will occur. Note that the winterization process varies between brands and even same-brand models. The process often involves draining the pipes, turning all connections off, pouring RV-specific antifreeze into the washer drum and perhaps setting the unit to a dedicated winter mode.
There you have it! A great deal of effort went into product testing, analyzing consumer reviews and developing this buyer guide. We hope you now have everything needed to make an informed decision.
For those readers who want a true combination RV washer and dryer that can handle large loads and daily use, we cannot recommend the vented Splendide WD2100XC and the ventless Westland WDC7100XC enough.
These are both sophisticated, well-built machines that stood up to all the abuse we doled out.
If you prefer separate, stackable and compact, it is hard to beat the Splendide ARWXF129W and TVM63XNA. Our team liked the combos, but we can make a strong argument for these as well.
The portables were probably the real surprise for us. The capabilities and experience were much better than we expected. The Best Choice option really is best, but all of the others are excellent choices as well.