- Our 3 Top Treadmill Picks for Home 2018 – 2019
- Best Treadmill for the Home
- Top Rated Treadmills Comparison Chart 2018 – 2019
- Best Treadmill Reviews – (Recommended Picks)
- 1. Sole Fitness S77 Non-Folding Treadmill Review – Best Treadmill For Home Use
- 2. ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill Review – Best Treadmill For The Money
- 3. LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill Review – Best Home Treadmill For Walkers And Joggers
- 4. NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill Review – A Sturdy Basic Model Treadmill + Excellent Value
- 5. 3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill Review – Best Treadmill For Running
- 6. Yowza Fitness Daytona Professional Grade Non-Folding Treadmill Review – Best Commercial Treadmill For Serious Runners And For Weight Loss
- 7. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill Review – A Perfectly Fine Budget Treadmill For The Average Runner
- 8. Nautilus T614 Treadmill Review – A Decent Budget Treadmill That Can Handle Running
- 9. Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill Review – Cheapest Treadmill For Running And Walking With Great Bonus Features
- 10. Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill SF-T4400 Review – One of The Best Treadmill Deals You’ll Find
- Top Treadmill Buyer’s Guide: Find the Best Treadmill for You
- Q. Where will you put the home treadmill? How much cover space do you have?
- Q. How will you use your treadmill? HIIT Workout, Cardio, Running, Calorie Burning, Walking or Training for a Race?
- Q. Who will be using my home treadmill?
- Q. Which Treadmill Features to Consider?
- Q. How risk averse are you when it comes to choosing the best treadmill?
- Q. How BIG are you? Treadmill Running Surface Size and Overall Quality.
If you want to get in shape and get healthy, you’re probably looking to purchase some of the best fitness equipment for home use. Every home gym should have at least one piece of cardio fitness equipment. For many people, the logical choice is a top rated treadmill. These most popular running machines are easy to use and make for a great workout.
When deciding which best treadmill to buy, there are a number of factors to consider. This includes treadmill price, functionality, size, and quality.
Reading in-depth treadmill reviews can help you compare different top models and choose the best treadmill on the market today.
Our 3 Top Treadmill Picks for Home 2018 – 2019
NordicTrack T 6.5 S
- Avg. Price: Under $1000
- Where to Buy: Amazon
- Motor HP: 2.6 CHP Motor
- Deck: FlexSelect™ Cushioning
- Incline: 10° Incline
- Treadbelt: 22" X 55" inches
- Folding: Smooth and Easy
- Heart Rate Monitor: Dual CardioGrip™
- Speed: 0 – 10 MPH
- iFIT Option: iFit® Compatible
- Display Console: 5" Backlit Display
- Fan: N/A
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs Limit
- Built-In Programs: 20 Workout Apps
- Dimensions: 67.5" L x 35.75" W x 73" H
- Warranty Info: Lifetime frame, 25 years motor, 1 year parts and labor warranty
ProForm Pro 2000
- Avg. Price: Under $1500
- Where to Buy: Amazon
- Motor HP: 3.5 CHP Mach Z™ Commercial
- Deck: ProShox™ Cushioning
- Incline: 0 – 15% Digital Quick Incline™ Control
- Treadbelt: 22” x 60” inches
- Folding: SpaceSaver® design with EasyLift™ Assist
- Heart Rate Monitor: EKG Grip Pulse w/ Bluetooth® Smart Chest Strap
- Speed: 0 – 12 MPH Digital QuickSpeed® Control
- iFIT Option: iFit® Coach Ready
- Display Console: 7” Backlit Oversized LCD with RaceTrack™ Display
- Fan: CoolAire™
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs limit
- Built-In Programs: 32 On-Board Workouts
- Dimensions: 80 x 40 x 63 inches
- Warranty Info: Lifetime Frame and Motor, 5 Year Parts and 2 Year Labor
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400
- Avg. Price: Under $500
- Where to Buy: Amazon
- Motor HP: 2.20 Peak HP drive system
- Deck: Shock Absorption
- Incline: 3 manual incline positions
- Treadbelt: 15.75" x 48.82" inches
- Folding: Easy fold and soft drop mechanism
- Heart Rate Monitor: N/A
- Speed: 10 MPH Max Speed
- iFIT Option: N/A
- Display Console: LCD Display Console
- Fan: N/A
- Weight Capacity: 220 lbs Limit
- Built-In Programs: 9 Workout programs
- Dimensions: 62.2L x 26.8W x 47.3H in
- Warranty Info: 3 years frame, 90 days other parts and components
Best Treadmill for the Home
Whether you’re looking for a small treadmill, a compact treadmill, a walking treadmill, a running treadmill, a cheap treadmill, or something else, there is the right treadmill for you out there in the market.
Buying a treadmill for the home is a personal choice and the best treadmill for one person would be an awful choice for another person.
When shopping for a treadmill for home, you need to consider several things. If price is important to you, that’s obviously one thing to consider. However, you also need to look at the features the top rated treadmill offers.
There is a wide range of treadmill features, some of which you may find extremely helpful and others which you may not need. For example, if you tend to get really hot and sweaty when working out, you might prefer a high quality treadmill with a built-in fan.
It’s also a good idea to consider the quality of materials and the best treadmill warranties on the market.
Top Rated Treadmills Comparison Chart 2018 – 2019
Below is a comparison chart showing the top 10 best treadmills of 2018 – 2019.
These top choices for the best treadmills were chosen because they each offer something special.
There is a range of price levels and a range of functions, with a good treadmill match for just about everyone somewhere on the comparison chart.
|Sole Fitness S77 Non-Folding Treadmill|
|4.0 CHP||0 – 15%|
|ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill||3.5 CHP||0 – 15%|
|LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill||2.5 HP||0 – 15%|
|NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill||2.6 CHP||0 – 15%|
|3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill||3.0 HP||0 – 15%|
|Yowza Fitness Daytona Professional Grade Non-Folding Treadmill||3.0 HP||0 – 15%|
|Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill||2.25 CHP||2-Position Adjustable|
|Nautilus T614 Treadmill||2.75 CHP||0 – 12%|
|Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill||2.25 CHP||0 – 10%|
|Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill||2.20 HP||0 – 4.37%|
This best treadmills comparison chart narrows down the options considerably.
We’ve chosen only the best of the best, and all 10 top rated treadmills reviewed here offer good value.
The treadmill comparison chart is in top ranking order based on our informed opinion on which treadmills are the best, but we can recommend all ten of these confidently as great overall treadmill options for the home.
Best Treadmill Reviews – (Recommended Picks)
Without further ado, scroll down and read all the in-depth reviews about any best treadmills that interest you.
These full treadmill reviews will tell you everything you need to know to make your decision. The best treadmill for you is on this list, guaranteed!
1. Sole Fitness S77 Non-Folding Treadmill Review – Best Treadmill For Home Use
This great overall treadmill is powerful, versatile, and built to last.
The Sole Fitness S77 would make a perfect treadmill addition to any home fitness gym.
Sole Fitness is an award-winning manufacturer known for making high-quality and dependable fitness equipment.
The Sole Fitness S77 Non-Folding Treadmill is just what you would expect from this manufacturer, with a great reputation for being a high-quality, durable treadmill machine.
It’s the Consumer Reports recommended for the mid-range treadmill price level and one they describe as one of their top-rated non-folding treadmills, period.
This best treadmill is built well, with strong and sturdy construction that can support weights of up to 400 pounds. Sole Fitness goes so far as to call their all-steel frame “indestructible.”
Sole backs supports their claim with some fantastic treadmill warranties, a whopping 30-year warranty on the motor and a lifetime warranty on the deck and frame.
With Sole’s reputation for being trustworthy and dependable, it’s highly unlikely you would need to take advantage of these best treadmill warranties on the market today, but it’s nice to know they are there.
Other advantages of the Sole Fitness S77 Non-Folding Treadmill are the ability to easily transfer your workout data via Bluetooth technology, the built-in speakers to connect with your phone or MP3 player, and the cooling fans.
When looking just at the best treadmill price, the S77 could easily be commanding a much higher number.
You’re getting high quality treadmill beyond what you pay for.
This is the best treadmill for the money, especially because cheapest treadmills for the home won’t stand the test of time the way that this one will. It’s our favorite treadmill for 2018 – 2019 and it might be your favorite as well.
Other Sole Fitness Treadmills Reviews on our website:
- Wide treadmill running surface
- Included wireless chest strap with great accuracy
- Great treadmill warranties
- Quiet operation
- Built-in speakers
- User-friendly treadmill console
- Expensive treadmill for home
- Cooling fans aren’t as strong as they could be
- Very large and heavy treadmill
- Putting it together is a bit of a challenge
2. ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill Review – Best Treadmill For The Money
This ProForm Pro 2000 treadmill offers incredible value for home users.
In fact, Proform Pro 2000 offers a lot of amazing features that you would typically only find with higher-end treadmills.
It’s no surprise that ProForm’s entry-level home treadmill offers the level of high quality that it does because ProForm is a world leader in home fitness equipment. They are known for using cutting-edge technology to make top rated treadmills, elliptical machines, recumbent exercise bikes, and more. They make a number of best treadmills, from pretty basic budget models to very pricey pro-level machines.
ProForm Pro 2000 mid-range treadmill offers pro-level quality and versatility at a very reasonable price.
Like all ProForm treadmills, the Pro 2000 is a well-built machine. It’s durable and strong treadmill.
The #2 top rated treadmill does fold up in a space-saving design that lets you store it easily when not in use. The hydraulic spring EasyLift Assist lifts and lowers the treadmill deck for you.
- Very sturdy treadmill construction
- Hydraulic spring for easy folding for space-saving treadmill storage when not in use
- Cushioned treadmill running surface with shock absorbers to minimize
- Tons of workout options, including plans that cover 30-60 days
- -3 percent decline and 15 percent treadmill incline (mimicking both uphill and downhill terrain)
- Included wireless heart rate strap
- Versatile treadmill
- Fast and smooth changes to speed and incline
- Lifetime frame and motor warranty
- Google Maps: Scenic Motivation feature
- Display shows only speed, not pace
- Speakers can be a bit hard to hear when running and using the cooling fan
- iFit wireless module and iFit subscription sold separately
3. LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill Review – Best Home Treadmill For Walkers And Joggers
If you want the best treadmill mostly for walking and jogging, the LifeSpan TR1200i is a good treadmill option for you.
It is the #3 top rated treadmill under $1000 price point, and it’s hard to find an ideal treadmill with this level of great quality that can do this much.
It’s no surprise that this is LifeSpan’s most popular treadmill of 2018 – 2019.
LifeSpan is a company committed to both fitness and wellness, known for their fitness clubs and workplace wellness programs as well as for making quality home gym equipment.
Several of their best treadmills and highly rated ellipticals have been featured and recommended buys from reputable sources like Runner’s World and Good Housekeeping.
- EZfold technology makes folding up for easy treadmill storage
- 21 exercise programs
- Comfortable run that minimizes impact with 6 compression shock absorbers
- Easy to save your workout data via USB
- Good treadmill warranties (lifetime protection on the frame and motor, three years on parts and one year of labor)
- Good quality for the price point
- Top speed of 11 mph
- Easy treadmill assembly
- Highly accurate step count feature
- Works for serious runners but not as convenient as it is for less active treadmill users
- Inconvenient location of on/off switch
- Treadmill speakers not very loud or high-quality
- Need to buy an additional heart rate monitor from LifeSpan (other heart rate straps won’t work)
- Very heavy treadmill
- No fan
- LifeSpan’s data tracking service subscription costs extra, though the cost is quite reasonable
- Can be a little noisy treadmill
- Minute per mile speed not displayed, only mph
4. NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill Review – A Sturdy Basic Model Treadmill + Excellent Value
NordicTrack is one of those best treadmill brands that everybody seems to know. They are most well known for their Nordic ski machine, a unique piece of fitness equipment that exploded in popularity during the 1980’s.
NordiTrack now make a number of kinds of gym equipment, including some of the best home treadmills on the market. Their incline training machines are particularly impressive but the basic treadmills for home use models are also worth looking at.
The NordiTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill is one such basic model that definitely deserves a look.
The T 6.5 S is a basic treadmill model for home use, so you can’t expect it to have all the bells and whistles.
That said, great treadmill does have more than you might expect for the price range. It’s very well made and quite sturdy. There are 20 good built-in workouts and the ability to connect with iFit for a wealth of additional features.
The home treadmill console is large and displays everything you need to see. Changing speeds (up to 12 mph) or moving to one of the 12 incline levels only requires the touch of a button.
- Sturdy treadmill and well made
- 20 built-in workouts
- Convenient treadmill console sound System
- Compatible with iFit for bonus features
- Great treadmill price
- Large backlit display showing speed, time, distance, heart rate, and calories burned
- Adjustable treadmill deck (from cushioned to firm)
- Good warranties (lifetime frame warranty, a 25-year motor warranty, and a 1-year parts and labor warranty)
- Top speed of 12 mph
- Convenient one-button touch to adjust speed and incline levels
- Treadbelt might be a bit too short for some runner’s strides
- iFit module and subscription must be purchased separately
- Not quite as compact treadmill as it could be when folded up
- A bit loud
- Speaker quality and volume is lacking
- Heart rate sensors not very accurate
5. 3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill Review – Best Treadmill For Running
In fact, it’s one of the best treadmills for running on the market today.
As the treadmill name suggests, 3G Cardio focuses on cardio gym equipment.
This means high end treadmills are one of the only things they make and that focus shows in the quality of their fitness products.
3G Cardio’s treadmill line includes Lite Runner, Pro Runner, and Elite Runner. As these names suggest, the different treadmill models are best suited to certain kinds of runners.
The 3G Cardio Pro Runner treadmill is one of the best buy treadmills on the market for runners, though it will suit walkers and joggers just fine.
- Good treadmill warranties (Drive Motor Lifetime, Frame Lifetime, Parts 5 Years, Labor 1 Year)
- Adjustable multi-speed fan
- Good-sized, comfortable orthopedic treadmill belt
- User-friendly controls
- Very smooth treadmill run, even at high speeds, with high-quality motor with great torque
- Console display is pretty small and you can’t see all stats at once
- Heart rate strap not included
- Very heavy treadmill body
6. Yowza Fitness Daytona Professional Grade Non-Folding Treadmill Review – Best Commercial Treadmill For Serious Runners And For Weight Loss
High Quality Commercial Treadmills for home are powerful, durable, and come packed with extra features.
This non-folding top rated treadmill from Yowza Fitness manages to offer all the benefits of a commercial treadmill at a reasonable price.
Some unique, cutting-edge technology also makes this commercial treadmill something special, especially for those looking for help with weight management.
Yowza Fitness isn’t a household name because they’re relatively new on the scene. They are an online-only retailer and their cardio machines like treadmills and ellipticals are made by a trusted manufacturer.
Yowza Fitness treadmill also offer a 30-days no-questions-asked return policy and offer great warranties, showing that they stand behind their high quality fitness products.
- Wireless scale with connected software to help with weight management
- Hi-fidelity speakers
- 3-speed treadmill fan
- 20” x 60” tread belt, long enough for biggest running strides even for runners over 6 feet tall
- Good warranties (lifetime for the treadmill frame and motor, 5 Years On Parts & Electronics, 2 Years In-Home Labor)
- Very powerful treadmill motor with very quiet operation
- Motion-controlled sensors to adjust speed effortlessly
- Can be used for 7 different individuals with data slots for each
- Heart rate transmitter belt is included
- Ability to design and save your own programmed workouts in addition to the preset options
- Wax-injected deck doesn’t require regular lubrication like other popular treadmills
- Ergonomic treadmill design
- Heavy, large, and doesn’t fold up to save space
- No decline functionality, unfortunate for a pro-level treadmill model
- Can’t connect the data with apps or download it
- Expensive, though the highly rated treadmill does offer great value for the money
7. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill Review – A Perfectly Fine Budget Treadmill For The Average Runner
Not everyone can afford a top-of-the-line treadmill and not everyone needs the best one.
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 treadmill fits into the cheap treadmills category but it compares to other top treadmills that cost significantly more.
Weslo is a great treadmill brand under the Icon Health & Fitness umbrella.
Within this world of treadmill brands, Weslo seems to specialize in the entry-level or lower quality offerings.
When you’re looking for the best and cheapest treadmill, you should consider Weslo.
- Cheapest treadmill for the money
- Lightweight, small footprint, space-saving design
- Cushioning for comfort and lower impact
- 6 preset programmed workouts designed by personal trainers
- Easy treadmill assembly
- Quiet operation
- Treadmill Weight limit only goes up to 250 pounds
- Incline is manual and only has 2 settings
- Treadbelt is only 16” x 50”
- Short treadmill warranties (Motor: 1 Year, Parts: 90 Days, Labor: 90 Days)
- No bells & whistles (fan, speakers, water bottle holder, etc.)
- Lower quality treadmill overall
- Not as durable treadmill in the long run
8. Nautilus T614 Treadmill Review – A Decent Budget Treadmill That Can Handle Running
If you want the best budget treadmill that can stand up to running, the Nautilus T614 Treadmill is a good choice.
The Nautilus T614 Treadmill was inspired by the commercial models made for Nautilus fitness clubs.
Nautilus makes both entry-level and pro-level treadmill equipment.
The Nautilus T614 is an entry level treadmill but it offers a lot more than other entry-level models while keeping the best treadmill under $1,000.
- User-friendly treadmill
- Treadbelt length of 56 inches
- Sturdy and durable treadmill construction
- Ergonomic design
- Very comfortable StrikeZone™ cushioning system
- Media shelf to hold a book or tablet
- 22 preset programmed workouts (2 customizable)
- 3-speed adjustable fan
- 2 user profiles allowed
- Great treadmill price
- Offers USB connectivity to Nautilus Connect and MyFitnessPal to log your workout data
- Pretty quiet operation
- Transport wheels
- It’s pretty sturdy treadmill with a crossbar tubing to add extra stability
- Treadbelt width is only 19 inches
- Wireless chest strap not included
- Warranty of treadmill is just okay, not great (10 years on the frame and drive system, 2 years on mechanical and electrical parts, and 1 year on labor)
- Weight capacity is only 300 lbs
- LCD display screen is on the small side
9. Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill Review – Cheapest Treadmill For Running And Walking With Great Bonus Features
Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill has incline functionality, works for runners, and offers a number of great features rare to find at this lower price point.
Horizon Fitness makes amazing treadmills, recumbent bikes, and elliptical machines at a range of price levels.
Both their cheap fitness equipment and their mid-range models offer a similar baseline level of quality, something you don’t see with all low priced treadmill manufacturers.
The Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill is without question the best deal treadmill on the market you can find, especially when you consider some of the extras that are included.
The T101-04 treadmill has a full motorized incline system, up to ten percent. It also has a fan, a water bottle holder, a tablet rack, and Sonic Surround speakers for MP3 connection.
- Great price
- Good treadmill warranties (Lifetime warranty on frame and motor, 2 yr parts, 1 yr labor)
- Comfortable treadmill cushioning system that lowers impact
- Treadmill Assembly is fast and easy
- Extras like fan and speakers
- 30 pre-programmed workouts
- Strong and durable treadmill frame
- Lightweight treadmill
- 300 lbs weight limit
- Not quite as quiet as advertised, especially after a few months
- Loud and annoying beeping sound when home treadmill is turned on
- Quality of the console area is subpar with pretty flimsy treadmill construction
- No option to use a heart rate strap
10. Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill SF-T4400 Review – One of The Best Treadmill Deals You’ll Find
Top rated treadmill price is often an indicator of the level of quality, but not always.
Some great budget treadmills have a surprising amount of features and functionality.
The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 treadmill is one such machine.
Sunny Health & Fitness has been producing home gym machines for a little over a decade. They particularly excel at entry-level, budget fitness equipment. At this price point, the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 treadmill is one of the best rated treadmills for the money.
- Easy to assemble treadmill
- Lightweight, small in size, folds up
- Available in two colors (gray and pink)
- Phone/tablet holder
- Handrail control keys to change treadmill settings as well as buttons on console
- Incline is manual
- Weight capacity only 220 pounds
- Warranties aren’t great (3-year – Frame, 90-Days – Other Parts and Components)
- Needs regular treadmill maintenance (lubrication of belt)
- Pulse reading isn’t very accurate
Top Treadmill Buyer’s Guide: Find the Best Treadmill for You
We hope our top 10 best treadmill reviews helped you, but if you’re still feeling a little overwhelmed or uncertain, this treadmill buying guide should help. We’ll walk you through some important questions to ask yourself before deciding which is the best treadmill to buy for the home?
Q. Where will you put the home treadmill? How much cover space do you have?
This question is pretty important but it’s one that many people don’t think of. Some top rated treadmills are huge and take up more space than you might think. If you have a very tight space, then you definitely need to consider the size of the best treadmill you buy. The space issue might also tell you whether you need a compact treadmill that folds up. A space saver treadmill that you can fold up and move out of the way can make a big difference in a small space.
Will you be walking?
Are you training for a race?
Trying to get in shape or lose a few pounds?
Do you need the incline treadmill for a really intense HIT workout?
Some top rated treadmills can handle any of the above, but others cannot.
Finding the right treadmill for you can be challenging!
Choose the best treadmill that will serve your needs.
Q. Who will be using my home treadmill?
If it’s just you who will be using the top treadmill pick, then you only have to consider your own needs and preferences.
If several people will be using your home treadmill, though, make sure to think about other people’s needs and preferences as well.
Some best treadmills on our comparison chart make it particularly convenient for multiple users by letting people save profiles and create and save custom workout programs.
Q. Which Treadmill Features to Consider?
There are a number of extra amenities that come with most of the home treadmills. Some make using the treadmill more inviting and convenient, like fans, speakers, tablet holders, and water bottle holders.
Other home treadmills offer almost nothing in the amenity department. Some people are just fine without them. What about you? If you think these extra treadmill features would help you stick to your workout routine, you should consider purchasing the top rated treadmill that offers them.
Q. How risk averse are you when it comes to choosing the best treadmill?
Do you worry about things that could go wrong? If you’re pretty risk-averse, you may want to look closely at what warranties a good treadmill offers.
Some high quality treadmills on our comparison chart have incredible warranties that will really give you peace of mind.
Others cheapest treadmill for the money have minimal warranties.
Pay attention now and choose a better treadmill with a great warranty just in case something happens down the line.
Q. How BIG are you? Treadmill Running Surface Size and Overall Quality.
Height and weight matter when choosing the best treadmill for home.
All treadmills have weight limits. Some top rated treadmills on our comparison chart have large weight limits but a few have pretty small limits.
It’s not a good idea to pick a cheap treadmill that can’t handle your weight. Your height also matters since that affects the length of your stride.
Treadmills with a short tread belt length might not work for you if you are quite tall. Narrow tread belts can also be problematic if you’re large in stature.
Answering these questions should narrow down your choices in treadmill options.
If you’re still stuck and can’t decide between a few top treadmills, you can always go with the one that looks and feels the best.
After all, your top chosen treadmill is going to be in your home, so you shouldn’t mind looking at it! A great looking piece of fitness equipment can even inspire you to get moving.
Best of luck in your best treadmill shopping adventure! We hope you enjoy putting on the miles on your new and latest treadmill.
Let us know what you think of any of the best treadmills reviewed by us or if there is a popular treadmill on the market we left out.