- The Best Vacuum Cleaners to Tackle Pet Hair
- Top Rated Vacuums for Pet Hair Comparison Chart 2020
- 1. Shark Rotator Powered Lift Away TruePet Upright Vacuum NV752 – The Best Upright Vacuum for Pet Hair for the Money
- 2. ECOVACS DEEBOT N79 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner – A Technologically Smart Way To Clean
- 3. iRobot Roomba 980 – Cleans Away Pet Hair With Little Effort
- 4. Eureka EasyClean 71B Vacuum Cleaner – Handheld Vacuum Packed With Features
- 5. Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV501 – Powerful Suction For Maximum Cleaning Performance
- 6. Hoover Power Drive Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum UH74210 – Clears Away Pet Hair With Cyclonic Technology
- 7. Eufy RoboVac 11 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner – Eliminates Pet Hair For You
- 8. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser 1650A Vacuum Cleaner – Erases Pet Hair From Your Home
- 9. Bissell Pet Vacuum Cleaner Cleanview Rewind 1319 – Simple and Effective Pet Hair Vacuum
- 10. Neato Botvac Connected Wi-Fi Enabled Robot Vacuum – Clean Floors With A Push Of A Button
- Buying Guide
- Wrap up
You must be wondering what is the best vacuum for pet hair in 2020 that can help you keep pet hair at minimum levels at your home?
In this top rated vacuums review, we will cover every aspect of the most favourite pet hair vacuums used at home on regular basis.
Dogs and cats are so lovable because they bring joy, happiness and companionship to their owners. They even have their own unique personalities. However, your pets also can bring big clean-up messes with their shedding dog hair on your hardwood floors or tile floors.
Dogs roam and play around in your home everyday, leaving behind excessive dog hair on everything they touch and don’t touch. The dog hair that doesn’t collect on your furniture usually ends up all over your hardwood floors in scattered little piles that roll like tumbleweed the moment a soft breeze hits it.
The hair shedding is a natural process that affects any pet with fur. You can’t stop it but you can groom your dog regularly to remove extra hair. The only best solution is to clean pet hair as much as possible, especially if you live with people with dog hair allergies and other pulmonary conditions.
Finding the best vacuum for pet hair that will be popular in 2020 can be much difficult task when you have so many good options to choose from. We selected the top rated pet hair vacuums below based on several factors especially the actual consumer feedback about them.
Why you can’t rely on brooms and dustpans?
The Best Vacuum Cleaners to Tackle Pet Hair
In current year, pet owners are looking for more advanced cleaning technology that is effective and won’t take away from their active lifestyle. Gone are the days, for using old-fashioned brooms and basic vacuum cleaners to remove pet hair and dander from the floor. Not only were they not effective, but they also were time-consuming.
Shedding is not something you can avoid when you own a furry friend. Pets shed to get rid of old, damaged hair. The amount and frequency of hair shedding all depends on the breed, season or whether they have a double coat.
Dogs and cats with shedding short hairs leave fine hairs — you can hardly see– all over your clothes and home floors. Many of the good vacuums mentioned below would work well for picking up this type of pet hair.
Vacuums with pet tools or attachments are best because they can provide thorough, detailed cleaning for fine, short pet hairs that are difficult to see on furniture.
A robot vacuum would work best to pick up short pet hairs from your hardwood floors because their dirt tanks are small and would be able to collect more short pet hair without having to empty so often.
Top Rated Vacuums for Pet Hair Comparison Chart 2020
|Best Vacuum for Pet Hair 2020||Type||Cordless?||Price|
|Shark Rotator NV752|
|Upright ||Yes||Check Price|
|Ecovacs Deebot N79||Robotic||Yes||Check Price|
|iRobot Roomba 980|
|Eureka EasyClean 71b||Handheld||No||Check Price|
|Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro NV501||Upright||No||Check Price|
|Hoover T-Series WindTunnel UH70210||Upright||No||Check Price|
|Eufy RoboVac 11||Robotic||Yes||Check Price|
|Bissell Pet Hair Eraser 1650A||Upright||No||Check Price|
|Bissell CleanView 1319||Upright||No||Check Price|
|Neato Botvac Wi-Fi Robot||Robotic||Yes||Check Price|
As shown above, there are so many amazing pet vacuum cleaners that are packed with useful features and special technologies.
With all the great options available, it’s difficult to decide which best vacuum for pet hair you should purchase.
You’re probably thinking, “Should I get a handheld, an upright or robot vacuum cleaner?” Don’t allow all the bells and whistles to influence your purchasing decision.
Your buying decision for the best vacuum cleaner for pet hair should be based solely on your cleaning needs rather than high-tech features.
1. Shark Rotator Powered Lift Away TruePet Upright Vacuum NV752 – The Best Upright Vacuum for Pet Hair for the Money
This flagship model of Shark is the full-sized, original version that is equipped with a canister and the TruePet mini motorized brush.
It is a versatile, top pet vacuum that cleans pet hair from bare floors surfaces, hardwood, tiles, rugs, carpets and difficult to reach places.
Unlike traditional upright vacuum cleaners, this powerful pet vacuum was designed to take the hard work out of cleaning up pet hair. With the convenient fingertip controls, you can switch from bare floors to carpeted surfaces with little effort.
- Cleans Multiple Surfaces (hardwood floors, carpets, stairs, car, laminate floors, tile floors, shag carpet, etc.)
- 4 Cleaning Modes
- Doesn’t Lose Suction
- Fingertip Controls
- TruePet Mini Motorized Brush
- Pet-Multi Tool
- Duster Crevice Tool
- Dynamic Swivel Steering
- Best vacuum for hardwood floors
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology
- HEPA Filter
- LED Lights
- It didn’t lasts too long for some pet vacuum customers.
- A few customers didn’t appreciate how their pet’s hair wrapped around Shark’s motorized brush.
All its features and weighing out various pros and cons make it the Best Vacuum for Pet Hair.
2. ECOVACS DEEBOT N79 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner – A Technologically Smart Way To Clean
This popular robot vacuum literally clears away your pet’s hairy residue for you.
It is a great robot vacuum cleaner that works with Wi-Fi and has good suction power.
- 4 Cleaning Modes
- Has A Roller Brush Plus Side Brushes
- Connects to Wi-Fi
- Smart Motion Navigation Technology
- Smart Protection Technology
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery
- 100+ Minutes Of Battery Life
- Strong Suction Power
- Low Noise Level
- HEPA-quality Air Filtration System
- Comes With A Remote Control
- There is some manual cleaning involved.
- For some customers, this robot vacuum didn’t last long.
- Caution beeps may become annoying.
It was a very tough choice to choose between EvoVacs and iRobot Roomba, when it comes to Top-Rated Robot vacuums.
With vigorous testing in our working area, we decided to give EvoVacs the 2nd place among our Best Vacuum for Pet Hair in the year 2020.
3. iRobot Roomba 980 – Cleans Away Pet Hair With Little Effort
iRobot introduced the top robot vacuum cleaner called Roomba that has been constantly improving through the years.
iRobot Roomba 980 deep clean floors, covers multiple rooms and connects to Wi-Fi. It was nicely designed with an AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System that uses power lifting suction and two tangle-free brushes to extract trapped pet hair, dust, dirt and debris.
Additionally, there’s a Power Boost Mode that provides up to 10 times the air power to penetrate deep down into carpet fibers to get out dirt and debris. With the Power Boost Mode, you can feel confident about the cleanliness of your tile and hardwood floors.
- AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System
- Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head
- Cleans Multiple Floor Surfaces
- Power Boost Mode
- Cordless pet vacuum
- iRobot Home App
- Connects To Wi-Fi
- Voice-Activated Control
- 120 Minute Battery Life
- iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with Visual Localization Technology
- Advanced Dirt Detect Technology
- One Side Brush
- Has A High-Efficient Filtration System
- Automatically Recharges
- Some customers complained that the pet vacuum left scratches behind on their bare flooring. It didn’t last long for some customers.
- For some, the robot vacuum didn’t connect well to their Wi-Fi networks.
- A few customers stated that the roomba vacuum did not navigate well through their homes.
Without any doubt, iRobot Roomba is among the most popular robot vacuums for pet hair. As we mentioned earlier, it was difficult to gave a 2nd and 3rd position to both pet vacuum rivals. However, we gave 3rd position to iRobot Roomba based on its pricing and quality. We love this highly rated pet vacuum and this is the reason it made the way to third position in our “Best Vacuum for Pet Hair” Comparison chart.
4. Eureka EasyClean 71B Vacuum Cleaner – Handheld Vacuum Packed With Features
It is the cheapest vacuum for pet hair and very affordable as compared to other pricey pet vaccums, so you cannot expect top notch quality when selecting this pet vaccum for your home.
The small pet vacuum is designed with a dual motor system. One motor runs the brush roller and the second motor provides high-power suction. The strong suction power extracts pet hair and debris from carpets and upholstery.
An exclusive feature called the “Riser Visor” helps you clean the vertical section of each stair, which usually gets forgotten when vacuuming. Weighing only 4.8 pounds, this great vacuum is lightweight enough to hold as you vacuum stairs.
- Dual Motor System
- Riser Visor Feature
- Strong Suction Power
- Lightweight Vacuum Design
- 20 Ft. Power Cord
- On-Board Crevice Tool
- 5 Amps Of Power
- Revolving Roller Brush
- Stretch Hose
- Best cheap vacuum (very inexpensive)
- A few vacuum buyers didn’t think that the roller brush didn’t last long.
- Some customers felt that handheld vacuum was quite heavier than they thought.
- It didn’t last long for some pet vacuum users.
There is no other best pet hair vacuum cleaners which is that much cheaper and gets the perfect cleaning done without compromising on quality. The lower price factor with its easy use are the only important factors that helped this good pet vacuum to get the 4th spot on our Best Vacuum for Pet Hair Comparison Chart.
This is one of the best pet hair vacuums because it’s portable and loaded with awesome features to suit your cleaning needs.
The Lift-Away canister detaches with a push of a button and becomes a portable cleaning device that lets take the power of the Shark pet vacuum anywhere with you in your home.
With the canister, you can do above-floor cleaning on the stairs or in your living room, dining room, bedroom and other rooms. You will be able to get rid of pet hair in tight spots and high spots, something you wouldn’t be able to do using it as an upright vacuum cleaner.
- Lift-Away Canister
- Lightweight Design
- On/Off Switch For Brush Roller
- Dust Away Hard Floor Attachment
- 8 inch Crevice Tool
- Dusting Brush
- Pet Power Brush
- Swivel Steering
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + HEPA Filter
- 30 Ft. Power Cord
- The pet vacuum didn’t last long for some customers.
- A few customers believe that it was poorly manufatured.
- Some customers complained about poor vacuum suction.
6. Hoover Power Drive Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum UH74210 – Clears Away Pet Hair With Cyclonic Technology
It uses Hoover’s WindTunnel and Cyclonic Technology to lift and remove surface and embedded pet hair and debris from floors and upholstery.
This good pet vacuum is designed with a powerful 12-amp motor that provides strong suction to every part of the vacuum to give you the best cleaning performance at home.
The Air Powered Turbo Hand Tool is a cleaning head with a roller brush that connects to a 12 inch extension wand and an 8 feet stretch hose. With this powerful tool and its far-reach capabilities, you can remove pet hair from your furniture, stairs, hard floors and hard-to-reach places.
- WindTunnel and Cyclonic Technology
- Weighs Under 17 Pounds
- 12-Amp Motor
- Cleans Multiple Floor Surfaces
- 5 Position Height Adjustment
- Air Powered Turbo Hand Tool
- Dusting Brush
- Cord Rewind Feature
- Easy To Change Belt System
- 8 Ft. Stretch Hose
- System Check Indicator
- HEPA Filter
- A few customers complained that the low quality brush roller burned their carpet while they were using the hand tools because there’s no off switch for the brush roller.
- Some customers of Hoover pet vacuum felt that the suction lessened over time.
- The pet hair vacuum didn’t last long enough for some customers.
7. Eufy RoboVac 11 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner – Eliminates Pet Hair For You
Eufy RoboVac 11 is one of the best pet hair vacuum cleaners for those who want to clean floor surfaces using high-power suction and advanced technology. It is specifically designed for homes with low-pile carpets and hardwood flooring surface.
The high quality three-point cleaning system has one roller brush, two side brushes and 1000 PA of strong suction power. With this superb cleaning system, pet hair and debris is loosened and extracted from your floor surfaces.
- Cleans Hardwood Floors By Itself
- 3-Point Cleaning System
- Anti-Scratch Glass Cover For Protection
- 1000 PA Of Strong Suction Power
- 3 Cleaning Modes
- Drop-Sensing Technology
- Triple Filter System
- Remote Control
- Recharges Automatically
- Runs Up To 1 ½ hours
- The robotic pet vacuum didn’t last long for some customers.
- A few unsatisfied customers didn’t think the drop-sensing technology actually worked.
8. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser 1650A Vacuum Cleaner – Erases Pet Hair From Your Home
The Bissell Pet Hair Eraser 1650A deodorizes and cleans away pet hair and kitty litter debris from your home using high-end tools and superior cleaning technology. It was designed by pet owners for pet owners.
You can clean a variety of floor surfaces with this good quality upright vacuum cleaner, including hardwood flooring, carpets and upholstery fabrics.
Cyclonic Pet Hair Spooling System manages the way pet hair is captured inside the canister. When you vacuum, this innovative system separates pet hair from particles and spools it together to prevent it from clogging parts of the vacuum cleaner.
Unlike other typical pet vacuums, the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser produces strong edge-to-edge suction combined with the tangle-free brush roller. These two wonderful features working together lets you to clean up more pet hair and debris in one motion.
- Cyclonic Pet Hair Spooling System
- Tangle-Free Brush Roller
- Edge-To-Edge Suction
- Pet Turbo Eraser Tool
- 2 in 1 Pet Brush
- LED Lit Crevice Tool
- Quick Release Wand
- Swivel Steering
- Smart Seal Allergen System
- Febreze Pet Odor Eliminator Filter
- Some customers complained that the handheld vacuum is too bulky and heavy.
- A few unhappy customers didn’t think that premium pet vacuum works perfectly on hardwood floors.
9. Bissell Pet Vacuum Cleaner Cleanview Rewind 1319 – Simple and Effective Pet Hair Vacuum
Sometimes, cleaning up pet hair doesn’t have to be complicated. An effective and well-made pet vacuum cleaner is all you need to clean your home nicely. You get just that with the Bissell CleanView Pet Vacuum Cleaner 1319.
There are a couple of good reasons why Bissell 1319 made it to our to our list of best pet hair vacuum cleaners for 2020.
This favorite upright pet vacuum uses a powerful multi-cyclonic system to deliver a deep clean to bare flooring, carpets, furniture and other floor and above-floor surfaces. With the on/off brush roll switch, it’s easy to move from bare and carpeted floors.
The Triple Action Brush Roll of the #9 top rated pet vacuum was designed with long and short silky bristles. Long, silky bristles gently remove pet hair from hardwood floors without scratching. On carpeted surfaces, long and short bristles work together to loosen, lift and remove stubborn pet hair and debris.
- Multi-Cyclonic Cleaning System
- Cleans Multiple Surfaces
- Triple Action Brush Roller
- On/Off Brush Roll Switch
- 13 inch Extension Wand
- 8 Ft. Stretch Hose
- Pet Turbo Eraser Tool
- Pet Hair Corner Tool
- Lint Strip
- Easy Empty Dirt Tank
- Carbon Filter That Absorbs Odors
- Dirt Filter Indicator
- Cord Rewind For 27 Ft. Cord
- A few customers didn’t think the vacuum was durable enough.
- It didn’t last long for some customers.
- Suction wasn’t powerful enough for a few folks.
- Some customers thought it was heavier pet vacuum.
10. Neato Botvac Connected Wi-Fi Enabled Robot Vacuum – Clean Floors With A Push Of A Button
Neato is a premium vacuum cleaner and comes with a high price tag. It is Wi-Fi enabled, smart cleaning device that uses powerful suction and technology to clean all your floor surface types.
You can use the high-tech robot pet vacuum with or without a smartphone. With a smartphone, you can access the Neato App and start and schedule cleaning sessions from anywhere. For example, if you are working late, you can start a cleaning session immediately by using your smartphone. It’s also compatible with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa and Facebook Chatbot.
- D-Shaped Design
- Strong Suction
- 3 Cleaning Brushes
- Connects To Wi-Fi
- Neato App
- Cleans Multiple Floor Surfaces
- Corner Clever Technology
- Program & Schedule Cleaning Sessions
- Precise Laser Smart Navigation Technology
- Ultra Performance Filter
- Extra Large Dirt Bin
- High Capacity Lithium-ion Battery
- Compatible with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa & Facebook Chatbot.
- A few customers complained that this premium pet vacuum didn’t avoid obstacles and fell off ledges.
- Some customers stated that the robot pet vacuum malfunctioned after a short time.
Today, pet hair vacuum cleaners use advanced technology in a practical way.
Consumers now have a choice between pushing a pet vacuum cleaner with swivel steering themselves or scheduling a cleaning session with a robot pet vacuum from anywhere using a smartphone.
Vacuum cleaners and technology are the perfect solution for eliminating pet hair and dander from your home. The technology aspect is what gives you different cleaning options and better cleaning performance.
Even upright vacuums have benefited from technology. It may not clean your home with a touch of a button, but it certainly has enough gadgets to clean more than floors.
The best upright pet vacuum cleaners have crevice tools for detailed cleaning jobs, brush rollers that resist tangling pet hair, simple switches that allow you to move from carpet to bare floors, swivel steering to prevent you from having to move around furniture and filtration system that traps allergens, dust and particles.
Robotic vacuum cleaners take practical technology to a whole other level. If you are busy all the time, then you don’t have time to vacuum up pet hair.
A good quality robotic vacuum cleaner will clean your floors while you’re away.
Some of the best robot vacuums were built with navigation technology to help it remember the layout of different levels of your home. Sensors to help it avoid ledges and obstacles and Wi-Fi connection.
Additionally, most popular robotic vacuum cleaners run on a rechargeable battery and recharges automatically.
The best pet vacuum cleaners are constantly evolving to help you achieve better results when you are cleaning pet hair and debris from stairs, hard bare floors, furniture and carpets etc.
Owning a pet doesn’t mean it has to look like you do.
The moment guests sit on your furniture and get up looking like they’re wearing a fur coat, it’s time to start searching for a better vacuum for pet hair.
However, you shouldn’t run out and just purchase the first pet hair vacuum you see on sale.
You should consider what type of most important features you want in your vacuum cleaner for pet hair and weigh their pros and cons:
- Handheld Vacuum Cleaner – A handheld vacuum cleaner is ideal for a small dog, or if you already have a good quality pet vacuum and you just need a backup for small dander issues.
- Upright Vacuum – An upright model is a great vacuum for dealing with pet hair. Typically, these are fully-equipped with specialized attachments that help you pick up the pet hair from stairs, furniture, curtains and so much more. These high-end pet vacuums can even handle crumbs, pebbles, heavy debris, dirt and wads of fur from your home. These vacuums can come with a bag or without one. However, upright vacuums can be bulky and heavy. Additionally, their brush rollers can get clogged if you don’t look for one that has a tangle-free brush roller.
- Robot Vacuum Cleaners – Robot vacuum cleaners use smart technology to clean your hard floors. These are small little cleaning devices that can connect to Wi-Fi, memorize the layout of your home and automatically recharges itself. However, these pet vacuums only clean floors. So you will definitely need an additional good quality pet hair vacuum with attachments to do above-floor cleaning.
What Should You Look For In a Perfect Pet Hair Vacuum?
A pet hair vacuum is a necessity when you have pets. It is essential in maintaining the upkeep of your home. It is very important to pick the right vacuum for pet hair, since you are going to use this best model in the long run.
Imagine what state your house would be in if you didn’t have vacuum cleaner for picking up pet fur and dander.
If you’ve selected the best vacuum for pet hair, it can enhance your cleaning results, make cleaning faster and easier and reduces allergens in the air you breathe.
With vacuum technology constantly evolving, you can look forward to top brands and manufacturers bringing you better suction, innovative pet tools and other high quality features in best pet hair vacuum cleaners.