Looking for the best Shiatsu Massage Chair? I hope this review of BM-EC06c will help you make an informed decision. So, keep on reading.
Have you ever came home after a long day at work and your body reeks with pain from the daily stresses?
Eventually, you go to bed. Although sleep is a restorative process for your body, it doesn’t undo all the aches and pains.
Tomorrow comes, and you have to get up and do it all over again with the same aches and pain from the day before.
If you’re looking for something to help your body recover from hard, long days, a daily massage may be what you need.
What is a Shiatsu Massage?
“Shiatsu is a form of Japanese bodywork based on ideas in traditional Chinese medicine,” according to Wikipedia.org. In layman’s terms, Shiatsu is an ancient massage technique that’s used as an alternative healing method.
The word “Shiatsu” means finger pressure, which accurately describes the main technique used to perform this type of a massage. In a Shiatsu massage therapy session, pressure is applied to the pressure points on the body using the thumbs, palms of hands, knees, elbows and feet.
Moreover, a Shiatsu massage focuses on stretching and rotating of the joints, limbs and pressure points (meridian points).
The concept behind Shiatsu is that the human body is made of energy, known as “qi” and that qi becomes clogged or blocked, which causes discomfort and pain.
A Shiatsu-style massage eliminates these blockages by resetting the meridian points, thus balancing the qi. Once the qi balances, the body can began to heal itself. Additional benefits of Shiatsu massage include:
- Stimulates nervous, circulatory and immune systems
- Helps with insomnia
- Alleviates headaches
- Decreases stress, anxiety, tension and depression
- Relieves stiff and achy neck, shoulders and back
- Facilitates the healing process for sprains and injuries
- Eases arthritis symptoms
- Helps with colds, sinus and respiratory problems
- Soothe symptoms of digestive and bowel disorders
- Relieves menstrual issues
The BestMassage EC-06C shiatsu massage chair delivers a full-body Shiatsu massage that is supposed to relieve muscle tension, decrease pain and promote relaxation.
- Brand: BestMassage
- Product dimensions: 34.6” x 55.1” length x 42.1” width
- Product weight: 300 pounds
- Automatic massage programs: 4
- Massage techniques: 4
- Number of airbags: 30
- Voltage: 110V
Shiatsu Massage Chair Features
- Four Preset Auto Programs: EC-06C offers four preset auto massage programs: Extend Program, Relax Program, Recovery Program and Refresh Program. Each program delivers a corresponding massage. For example, the Relax Program gives you a massage that will relax tight muscles. With the touch of a button, you can access these easy-to-use programs.
- Four Massage Techniques: The BM EC-06C Shiatsu massage chair uses four massage styles typically associated with the Shiatsu principles, such as Kneading, Tapping, Knocking and Shiatsu. All the auto programs use these massage techniques.
- Air Massage Technology: A total of 30 airbags throughout the chair gives compression massages to specific areas of your body. Twenty airbags have been placed inside the lower body section of the chair to massage the thighs, hips, legs and feet, which improves blood circulation. Additionally, the adjustable air massage technology has several intensity levels.
- Ultra-Long Range Massage: A massage in this chair has a long range, beginning high up into the neck region all the way down into the tailbone section of the chair.
- Intelligent Roller System: The smart roller system conforms to a person’s individual spine curvature and back shape to give them a customized massage every time they take a seat. Supposedly, the rollers use massage strokes that resembles the feel of human touch. These powerful massage rollers deliver Shiatsu results, such as reduced muscle stress, decreased fatigue and refreshed mind and body.
- Neck Massage Feature: If you’ve ever awakened to a stiff neck, then you’ll appreciate this feature. Massage heads located in the neck area of the Shiatsu Massage Chair targets pressure points on your neck to provide relief.
- Heat Therapy: In the BestMassage EC-06C, there’s a heating function in the lower back and feet area that’s accessible with a touch of a button.
- Reclining Capabilities: The backrest reclines back as far as 170 degrees, and the ottoman area raises up to 80 degrees.
- Vibration Massage: A high-power vibrating motor and air massage technology provides a deep massage to your hip area.
- Hand and Wrist Massage: Do you have carpal tunnel syndrome? The armrest has a built-in airbag system that massages your hands and wrists.
- Upper Arm Massage: Your upper arm area can get a deep compression massage, thanks to the airbags in the arm area of the Shiatsu Massage Chair.
- Control Panel: The control panel sits on a stand that extends from the chair arm. It has all the buttons you need to choose an auto program, intensity level, etc.
Warranty of BM-EC06C
The BestMassage EC-06C comes with a one-year limited warranty, which include specified parts and labor.
Customers cover the costs for sending any broken items back to the manufacturer for repairs. However, the manufacturer returns the repaired or new item back to the customer at their expense.
Shipping & Assembly
The shiatsu massage chair usually ships within a week. There’s no special delivery services available, such as White Glove Delivery service.
The EC-06C requires assembly. It arrives with the armrests, backrest pad and control panel detached. An instruction manual shows you how to put it all together.
Opinions: What’s Good and What’s Not
All the information about the EC-06C has been discussed. Now, it’s time to determine what’s good and what’s not.
The Good Stuff:
- The BestMassage EC-06C gives you a Shiatsu massage without you having to leave the comfort of your own home. You can undo the harsh effects of a hard day. If you suffer from back pain, legs or feet pain, this massage chair will help you relax and decrease pain.
- Four auto programs give you the opportunity to experience all the chair has to offer with a push of a button. With the four massage styles, you can enjoy the full effect of a Shiatsu massage. Moreover, air massage and vibrating massage offer two more great options.
- With Intelligent Roller System, it scans and memorizes the curve of your spine to ensure you get a customized session every time you use the Shiatsu Massage Chair.
- While you’re getting a massage, you have the option of reclining back and elevating your legs. Also, you can add soothing heat to specific areas of the body during a massage.
- The chair’s long-range ability allows massage strokes to reach more high and low points on your body. With this range of coverage, you’ll get more out of your massage experience.
- The BestMassage EC-06C is a good value, especially with all of its features. Many of its features are found on high-end massage chair models.
The Bad Stuff:
- Although this Shiatsu Massage Chair has a reclining feature, it doesn’t compare to a zero gravity feature. Zero gravity can take your massage experience to a whole other level by placing you in a position that will intensify any massage technique.
- The one-year limited warranty leaves something to be desired. You get only one year of coverage and what is covered has limitations.
- It’s disappointing to know that a 300-pound massage chair doesn’t come with White Glove Delivery. You’ll have to find a way to get the chair in your home by yourself.
- Some customers didn’t like the fact that the Shiatsu Massage Chair broke down within a year period.
Final Verdict: Is the BestMassage EC-06C Worth Your Time?
Other Massage Chairs reviewed by us:
- 10 Best M. Chairs Comparison
- Human Touch M. Chairs
- 5 Best Panasonic Massage Chairs
- 6 Infinity M. Chairs
- Ten Best Zero Gravity M. Chairs