- Specifications and Features:
- Targeting Different Muscle Groups with Squat Rack
- Optional Accessories For The Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack
- Power Cage Exercises
- Shipping & Assembly
- Our Opinions
- What We Loved about the Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack
- What We Disliked about the Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack
- Wrap Up: Is Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack a Good Buy?
The Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack is a superior quality home gym with wide and tall steel frame to enable easy movements while you are working out. It is also often referred to squat rack or power cage due to its overall design and construction. The height of the Power Rack is adjustable by moving positions of rack and weights. The best thing about the GPR378 Power Rack is its compatibility with all types of workout benches. It enables you to perform lots of exercises such as bench press, overhead press, rack pull, inverted row, squats and barbell exercises, etc.
Let’s talk a little bit about construction of the Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack. The rack looks very solid and made up of heavy duty 11 gauge steel. There are 20 adjustment levels with wide walk-in design of the power rack. The 4 sided welded construction provides you safety and sturdy frame to support extreme level of workouts. The GPR378 Power Rack is also resistant to scratches and chipping due to electrostatically applied powder coating. The heavy-duty power rack is capable of managing about 1000 lbs of maximum weight.
The Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack is perfect for weight training and cross training exercises. The chin up bar at 80” height enables you to go for ab slings and inversions. You can perform different exercises by moving the included safeties to 20 different height positions on the power rack.
Keep on reading our full Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack review to find out about the specifications, features, pros and cons of the machine. In the end, we will conclude our review to see if the GPR378 Power Rack is still a recommended buy for 2019.
Specifications and Features:
- 80 inches high
- 49 inches long
- 46 inches wide
- 3-inch-by-3-inch vertical 11-gauge steel support columns
- Spacious, walk-in design
- 20 adjustment levels spaced 3 inches apart
- 41-inch-wide knurled pull-up (chinning) bar
- Heat-tempered lift-off rod
- Saber-style safety rod
- Add-on plate posts
- Lockouts 3 inch on center
- Supports up to 1000 pounds
Targeting Different Muscle Groups with Squat Rack
You can really maximize the results of Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack with some of the accessories that are sold separately.
These accessories will help you build and tone some of the following muscle groups:
Optional Accessories For The Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack
- GLA378 Lat Attachment – This accessory will enable you to build up your back, triceps and biceps.
- SCB26 Calf Squat Block – It’s a dual squat platform that stabilizes you while as you do calf exercises and gives you an intense calf raise exercise.
- SP200 210-pound Weight Stack – Boosts the standard weight stack for a more intense performance.
- DR378 Dip Attachment – Transforms the power rack into a dip station. With this accessory, you can do plenty of exercises to build up your shoulders and arms.
- SR-CB Cannonball Chin-Up Grips – This accessory will help you develop your grip strength.
- TBR20 Pivoting T-Bar Row Platform – Lets you create a T-Bar Row Machine. It’s suitable for all standard and Olympic bars.
Power Cage Exercises
The Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack allows you to get a wide range of exercises done. You can do much more than upper body exercises. With the help of a few of the attachments mentioned above, here are a few exercises that you can do using this power rack.
- Barbell Thruster
- Bench Press, Incline Press & Decline Press
- Bent Over Row
- Calf Press
- Close Grip Front Lat Pull-up
- Wide Grip Front Lat Pull-up
- Crunch & Extend
- Upright Row
- Deltoid Raise
- Standing Military Press
- Shoulder Press
- Hang Crunches
- Hanging Shoulder Shrugs
- Seated Row
- Standing Biceps Curl
- Tricep Press Down
- Tricep Extension
- Glute Kick
- Inner Thigh Adduction
- Outer Thigh Abduction
- Wing Chin-Up
Shipping & Assembly
The shipping cost of Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack can vary based on your location and type of delivery. You can always look out for online retailers that offer free shipping.
The assembly of GPR378 Power Rack is quite straight forward. You’ll need some tools, like a wrench to assemble the power rack. It comes with a step-by-step assembly instruction manual to help you put it altogether. Just follow the instructions and enjoy your workout.
It’s time to weigh the good and the bad about the power rack to determine whether it’ll make a good purchase and if it will suit your strength training needs.
What We Loved about the Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack
Here are some of the best features of Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack that we love:
- It has a strong, durable tensile strength steel construction with sturdy accessories. So, it is built to last and endure tough workouts. Furthermore, it works with fitness equipment that you already have.
- You can strength train your entire body thanks to a variety of accessories that are available for purchase. Each accessory transforms the power rack into a multi-workout machine.
- The Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack works with plenty of attachments. With these attachments plus the power rack, there’s a lot of strength training exercises that you can do. So your workout will never get boring or stop producing results.
- Body Solid covers every single component of the power rack with some pretty good warranties. So, they’re expecting their product to last for a long time.
What We Disliked about the Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack
- Some people don’t like the lift-offs because of how they were made. They don’t have any protective covering like rubber pieces to prevent it from scratching up your bars.
- People who are 6 feet or taller may have difficulty using the Body Solid GPR378’s pull-up bar because the rack isn’t that tall. If you decide to purchase it, you may have to bend your knees before using the pull-up bar.
Wrap Up: Is Body Solid GPR378 Power Rack a Good Buy?
Other Home Gyms reviewed by us:
- PR1000 Home Gym
- Revolution Home Gym
- Total Gym 1400
- Bowflex Blaze Home Gym
- PR3000 Home Gym
- Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE