If you want to look sensational, be strong and have good health, then strength training is the way to go.
According to Wikipedia.org, “Strength training is a type of physical exercise specializing in the use of resistance to induce muscular contraction which builds the strength, anaerobic endurance, and size of skeletal muscles.”
Once you get into it, your body will start to reap the benefits. Some benefits include increased bone density levels, stronger heart, better cholesterol levels, muscle loss stops, better blood sugar levels and improve circulation.
A home and commercial fitness company known as Body Solid has created a heavy-duty piece of fitness equipment called the Body Solid Power Rack GPR378.
Typically, the power rack runs about $600. This is for anyone who wants a strong squat rack that will support your weight and equipment. It’s ideal for home garage gyms and commercial use.
- 80 inches high
- 49 inches long
- 46 inches wide
- 3-inch-by-3-inch vertical 11-gauge steel support columns
- Spacious, walk-in design
- 20 adjustment levels spaced 3 inches apart
- 41-inch-wide knurled pull-up (chinning) bar
- Heat-tempered lift-off rod
- Saber-style safety rod
- Lat Bar
- Add-on plate posts
- Lockouts 3 inch on center
- Supports up to 800 pounds
The heavy-duty frame with four welded support columns is made of tensile strength steel and partnered with industrial-grade hardware accents. It’s finished with a chip-resistant and scratch-resistant powder that is applied electrostatically.
You can customize the weight and the positioning of the racks to accommodate your height, which allows you to move around without restrictions. With the freedom of movement, you’ll be able to lift better.
No need to worry about buying another workbench. The Body Solid Pro Power Rack is compatible with all workbenches and will hold up to your hardest workout routine.
Targets Muscle Groups
You can really maximize the results of your strength training with some of the accessories that are sold separately.
These accessories will help you build and define some of the following muscle groups:
Optional Accessories For The GPR378
- GLA378 Lat Attachment – This feature will allow you to build up your back, triceps and biceps.
- SCB26 Calf Squat Block – It’s a dual squat platform that stabilizes you while as you do calf exercises and gives you an intense calf raise exercise.
- SP200 210-pound Weight Stack – Boosts the standard weight stack for a more intense performance.
- DR378 Dip Attachment – Transforms the power rack into a dip station. With this accessory, you can do plenty of exercises to build up your shoulders and arms.
- SR-CB Cannonball Chin-Up Grips – This accessory will help you develop your grip strength.
- TBR20 Pivoting T-Bar Row Platform – Lets you create a T-Bar Row Machine. It’s suitable for all standard and Olympic bars.
Pro Power Rack Exercises
The Body Solid Pro Power Rack allows you to get a wide range of exercises done. You can do much more than upper body exercises. With the help of a few of the attachments mentioned above, here are a few exercises that you can do using this power rack.
- Barbell Thruster
- Bench Press, Incline Press & Decline Press
- Bent Over Row
- Calf Press
- Close Grip Front Lat Pull-up
- Wide Grip Front Lat Pull-up
- Crunch & Extend
- Upright Row
- Deltoid Raise
- Standing Military Press
- Shoulder Press
- Hang Crunches
- Hanging Shoulder Shrugs
- Seated Row
- Standing Biceps Curl
- Tricep Press Down
- Tricep Extension
- Glute Kick
- Inner Thigh Adduction
- Outer Thigh Abduction
- Wing Chin-Up
The Body Solid GPR378 is a commercial rated piece of fitness equipment for in home use.
So it has a Body Solid in-home warranty and a Body Solid commercial warranty.
For the in-home warranty, the product carries a lifetime warranty for everything, including pads, pulleys, frames and cables.
The commercial warranty covers welds, weight plates, frames and guide rods for a lifetime. There’s a two-year warranty for bushing, bearings, pulleys and hardware.
A one-year warranty upholstery, cables, grips and everything else.
Shipping & Assembly
Body Solid Power Cage is not available for purchase on the official website. Instead, you’ll find it at Amazon and various fitness websites. Shipping is usually free. Additional accessories are also available online.
You’ll need some tools, like a wrench to assemble the power rack. It comes with a step-by-step assembly instruction manual to help you put it altogether. The manual comes with the power rack and it’s available on the Body Solid website.
Opinions About The GPR378
It’s time to weigh the good and the bad about the power rack to determine whether it’ll make a good purchase and if it will suit your strength training needs.
Strength training is a great way to get the body you want while achieving good health. The benefits of this type of physical exercise are limitless. With all the good benefits from strength training, it really makes you want to consider buying the Body Solid Power Rack.
- It has a strong, durable tensile strength steel construction with sturdy accessories. So, it is built to last and endure tough workouts. Furthermore, it works with fitness equipment that you already have.
- You can strength train your entire body thanks to a variety of accessories that are available for purchase. Each accessory transforms the power rack into a multi-workout machine.
- The Body Solid Power Rack works with plenty of attachments. With these attachments plus the power rack, there’s a lot of strength training exercises that you can do. So your workout will never get boring or stop producing results.
- Body Solid covers every single component of the power rack with some pretty good warranties. So, they’re expecting their product to last for a long time.
- You will have to look hard to find any extremely negative customer reviews about the power rack. Most people who own it are satisfied with its quality and strength. However, there are a few customers who felt the assembly instruction manual was not written well.
- Some customers didn’t like the lift-offs because of how they were made. They don’t have any protective covering like rubber pieces to prevent it from scratching up your bars.
- People who are 6 feet or taller may have difficulty using the Body Solid GPR378’s pull-up bar because the rack isn’t that tall. If you decide to purchase it, you’ll have to bend your knees before using the pull-up bar.
Final Verdict: Is “Body Solid GPR378” Worth Buying?
Other Home Gyms reviewed by us:
- PR1000 Home Gym
- Revolution Home Gym
- Total Gym 1400
- Bowflex Blaze Home Gym
- PR3000 Home Gym
- Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE