The Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym is one of the best mid-range home gym equipment available on the market. It provides a full body or body part focussed workout using the Quick Change Power Rod system. With the revolutionary Bowflex Power Rod System, a person gets the feeling of using free weights without any possible risk of injury.
The PR3000 provides a whooping 210 lbs of strong resistance using Bowflex Power Rods. However, this resistance is also upgradeable to 310 pounds if required. The resistance system is perfectly capable of providing low impact workouts that are effective for various levels of strength and fitness. You can also perform a variety of strength exercises including lat pull down and vertical bench press on the PR3000 Home Gym.
Not only this but it comes with multi-use hand grip to add superior flexibility and performance during the workout. The heavy duty steel construction and upholstered roller cushions ensure long-term durability and extreme comfort when using your home gym.
Bowflex no-change cable pulley system makes it very easy for you to switch from one exercise to another. All these nice features combined with SpiraFlex resistance technology make the PR3000 a top-rated choice among fitness enthusiasts.
After reading this in-depth review, you can better decide if it is the right fit for your full body workout at home or not.
The heart of any home gym is the dimensions specifications. It has the following dimensions:
- Length is 64 inches.
- Width is 41 inches.
- Height is 83 inches.
The above dimensions indicate that it is a compact home gym. These dimensions are also quite comparable to other good home gyms in the similar price range.
- The entire body or focussed body parts can workout nicely with a choice of over 50 exercises.
- The Bowflex Power Rod offers the same level of resistance like free weights without the risk of getting hurt.
- Exercises include 4 arms, 3 chest, 2 abs, 4 back, 6 shoulder and 7 legs exercises. The pictures of 26 exercises are also included in the owner’s manual.
- Horizontal bench press and lat pull down workout.
- Ankle cuff grips with triple function
- A range of 5 to 210 pounds of resistance (upgradeable to 310 lbs.)
- Four-inch roller cushions which are upholstered for smooth leg curls and extensions.
- Easy reference placard display of the descriptions of the available fitness workouts
- Cable pulley system design without a need to change
- Area required for workout: L 96 “x W 78 “x H 83 “
- The maximum user weight is 300 Lbs.
Workouts for Upper Body
Free weights offer massive benefits when it comes to muscle building exercises, but the PR3000 Home Gym excels when it comes to workouts diversity. Over 50 exercises are available with this compact home gym equipment.
With this huge amount of exercise options, it can be easy to create a specific workout that only targets a range of muscle groups from different angles. The PR3000 Home Gym has provided full details of multiple exercises and ideal workouts for users.
The information is included in the free user manual. The gym workouts were designed with aspect of the number of days a person can exercise and the exact number of sets, reps, and exercises it takes to reach specific fitness goals.
Some of the available exercises for the upper body include:
- Lateral shoulder raise
- Narrow pulldowns
- Tricep pushdowns
- High delt rows
- Chest press and decline chest press
Workouts for Lower Body
The PR3000 Home Gym does not ignore your lower body. It works on the important muscles which include the calves, quads, and hamstrings. It does not come with a leg press but does have an awesome leg developer. This specific item can attach itself to the lower cable pulleys on the home gym.
With this nice feature, a person can easily add leg extensions to complete his or her workout. The home gym allows for lower body muscle building as well. All you need to do is to remove the adjustable seat and attach a straight bar or hand grips to be able to complete a set of squats.
The PR3000 includes the following lower leg exercises:
- Hip adduction and hip abduction
- Calf raises
- Leg kickbacks
- Hip extensions
It also offers a variety of isolation exercises that target specific muscle groups effectively.
When investing your hard-earned money in any home gym, it is very important to check out the warranty before making a final buying decision. Not every machine is perfect, but if you encounter an issue with the PR3000 Home Gym, the warranty will help fix any such problems.
The warranty for on the frame is 1 year. For the PR3000’s Power Rods, the warranty lasts for 7 years. This warranty is one of the best overall on the market. Finally, the parts are covered for 60 days.
The Bowflex warranty is good for the original owner only. It applies to any defects in the materials and craftsmanship of theHome Gym. The warranty does not include normal wear and tear over the period of time.
Assembly and Shipping Information
When it comes to shipping costs, it depends on where the product is shipped from and the time & type of delivery. However, it is possible to find online retailers who are willing to provide free shipping.
The assembly is pretty much straightforward. Bowflex took the time to create smooth and simple assembly instructions. The gym comes with Allen wrenches, but assembly also requires other important tools such as screwdriver, mallet, and adjustable wrench.
Normally, it takes 2 hours to assemble the Bowflex PR3000 but can also require more time if you struggle with following the directions on the manual.
What We Liked
- The Bowflex brand is popular and well-established which means solid construction and long durability in their manufactured items.
- The Home Gym offers constant resistance with ultra-smooth operation during the entire workout. This helps build strong and lean muscle from over 50 exercise options.
- Some other favorite features include the three grip locations, a removable seat, upholstered roller cushions and exercises that are low impact.
- What we also love is the lightweight design and no-change cable pulley system of the home gym.
- The wide variety of exercise options to workout your upper and lower body muscles with upgradeable resistance are some of the top reasons to pick the Bowflex PR3000.
What We Disliked
- It does not include the squat and lat bar.
- Can be expensive for some people to purchase.
Wrap Up: Is it Worth Buying?
If you are looking to buy a mid-range home gym, the Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym is a solid choice for the money. The best thing about this model is its great features which are normally found on the more expensive home gyms on the market. The constant tension of the Bowflex Rods with ability to continue your workout without any need to change the cables is something we love about this home gym equipment.
You can also check out the Bowflex Blaze Home Gym review, which is a similar model but with added exercises and new features. This includes upgradeable resistance of 410 pounds and 60+ exercises to train your body. Unlike PR3000 Home Gym, the Blaze uses horizontal workout platform and has the ability to fold in order to save more space.
If you are looking for a full body workout or just want to focus on specific body muscles, we highly recommend the Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym.
- 5 Best Hybrid Bikes – (Reviews & Buying Guide 2020) - October 23, 2019
- 12 Best Electric Weed Eaters of 2020 - October 22, 2019
- 10 Best Vibratory Plate Compactors – (Reviews & Buying Guide 2020) - September 7, 2019