The Bowflex Revolution Home Gym is one of the finest home gyms we’ve reviewed so far. It is a home gym equipment that offers you so many amazing exercises at the comfort of your home. Unlike other top Bowflex models, the Revolution Home Gym utilizes the SpiraFlex Resistance technology that works without gravity and inertia. This top-of-the-line technology is also used by NASA to provide good quality workouts to astronauts in space. The non-inertia resistance mechanism is now being used by Bowflex to provide up to 210 lbs. of resistance which is also upgradeable to 300 pounds.
The Revolution Home Gym is well-suited for majority users at any fitness level. It provides more than 100 quality exercises that focus on each major muscle of your body. No matter if you are a beginner or expert, there is so something for everybody in Bowflex Revolution that offers 400+ variations in its exercises. It also comes equipped with sliding rail mechanism that enables you to perform leg presses and aerobic rowing exercises. Once done with your workout, the vertical bench can be easily folded for storage.
The overall built-quality and design is just excellent. You will love how easily you can switch between exercises using the no-cable quick change system. When using the home gym, it will provide you enough resistance to enjoy a quality workout. The assembly can take some time provided that you follow the instructions manual properly. As far as foot print is concerned, you need 120” x 84” workout area at home.
Overall, the Bowflex Revolution Gym is a very solid and well-built workout machine that is built to last for a long time. It is superior than other Bowflex home gyms because it uses the SpiraFlex® Resistance technology rather than using the Power Rod system.
(Video: 2:15 Minutes)
- Length: 9-feet
- Width: 3-feet; 2-inches
- Height: 6-feet; 1-inch
- Workout area: 10-feet L x 7-feet W
- Bowflex Revolution folded up: 4-feet; 7-inches x 3-feet; 2-inches
- Weight: 336 pounds
- Bench design: compact
- SpiraFlex Resistance: 220 pounds (Upgradeable to 300 lbs.)
- Max User Weight: 300 lbs.
- Space-efficient design
- 220-pound SpiraFlex Resistance technology that can be upgraded to 300 pounds
- Leg press/leg press plate delivers 600-pounds of resistance
- Solid hand grips ensure stability
- Attain 170-degrees of movement via the Freedom Arms feature
- Preacher Curl attachment is included
- Includes a 5-position harness
- Comes with an instructional manual and workout DVD
The Bowflex Revolution offers you maximum workout safety due to its tight and solid construction. You can get bigger and better workout experience with faster results. It also enables you to easily configure your home gym whenever you want. For example: You can remove the back support to create a multi-position bench. Count on the lower cable pulley system to develop your legs and perform curls.
The attachments in a custom rack costs extra, but it’s worth the investment. You can accomplish every exercise on this list:
- Leg extensions
- Overhead extensions
- Leg presses
- Seated shoulder press
- Incline chest press
- Bicep curls
- Hamstring curls
- Preacher curls
- Concentration curls
- Pec fly
- Weighted crunches
- Rope crunches
- Triceps pushdowns
- Lat pulldowns
- Side lateral raises
- Upright rows
- Seated row
The Home Gym comes with a 10 years warranty on the SpiraFlex Plates and the machine itself. However, it won't cover the wear and tear due to normal usage.
Shipping and Assembly
The shipping cost varies based on your given location and selected type of delivery. The weight of the gym is almost 336 lbs, which can add significant shipping fee to your overall purchase. We suggest you to look for online retailers that can offer free shipping to save some money.
The assembly is not as difficult as it seems. For quicker results, we recommend that you go through the assembly instructions first that are provided in the manual. The packaging comes with 6 types of Hex wrenches of different sizes. You will also need a Philips Head Screwdriver, adjustable wrench, utility knife or scissors. It normally takes six to eight hours to assemble the Gym.
(Disclaimer: The package components are subject to change without notice)
What We Liked
- In case you’re wondering where the engineers got their inspiration, look at previous models of Bowflex such as PR1000, PR3000, Blaze and Xtreme 2SE. The addition of the SpiraFlex Resistance Technology to proven frameworks has clearly elevated resistance training to new heights. The users can now enjoy a wide variety of exercises on their favorite home gym.
- Expect a comfortable experience with the Revolution Home Gym. The company has addressed previous complaints like wimpy cushioning, especially in the seat and back support area. The seat is wider despite of the fact that bench is narrower. This boosts good range of motion capacity, so athletes can perform moves like cable flys and incline chest presses.
- The Revolution Sliding Rail System, devised originally for the PR1000, features a locking pin so body positioning is more efficient, and users can make adjustments. But, it’s the resistance factor that impresses most of the athletes: it enables gym users to maximize a workout due to adjustable arms, cables, tension control knob and surprisingly light SpiraFlex plates.
- Ease of use, clearly-written owner’s manual, wide range-of-motion capacity, lighter weight plates are some of our favorite features on the Revolution Home Gym. The hand grips and the “locking pin” function for fast changes are also user-friendly features.
What We Disliked
- The assembly process is very time consuming.
- Blame Mom For Overweight Kids: Trials Target Maternal Obesity With Probiotics - June 15, 2022
- Best Memory Booster Supplements And Pills To Improve Recall - June 1, 2022
- Buy Legal Steroids and SARMS From CrazyBulk - May 10, 2022