Are you looking to give your regular workout routine a boost? Then, you may want to incorporate a couple of Bowflex SelectTech 552 dumbbells into your workout regimen.
Dumbbells are free weights typically used for strength training and bodybuilding to target and tone specific muscle groups. Moreover, dumbbells are great fitness tools for ordinary workout routines. You can use them in an array of different exercises that will define and tone the entire body. Using them will increase your muscle mass and improve strength.
While dumbbells may be a good addition to your workout, how do you decide which dumbbells you need to achieve the results you want? They come in different sizes, making it difficult for anyone that is new to free weights to figure out which is best for their workout.
The Bowflex SelectTech 552 dumbbells take the guesswork out of dumbbells. Beginners and intermediate users can use these pair of free weights with confidence. However, advanced users can use them but they may require heavier dumbbells. They’re adjustable and feature 15 different sets in one pair. On Amazon, you can own them for under $300.
About The Bowflex Brand
In 1986, the Bowflex brand burst onto the fitness scene with gym-quality fitness equipment specifically for home use. Consumers embraced the concept of exercising in their homes. Getting into shape without having to keep up a gym membership or being judged the moment they walked through the door appealed to consumers.
Eventually, Bowflex created the SelectTech smart dumbbells. These dumbbells combine cutting edge technology with old school strength to ensure strength training is effective and easy.
Moreover, Bowflex has eliminated the need to make room for multiple sets of dumbbells because one pair of SelectTech dumbbells is all you will need. The smart dumbbells come with free training apps to coach and motivate you to achieve results.
How it Works?
Bowflex came up with another brilliant concept of developing the ultimate pair of dumbbells that put 15 sets of weight into one pair. A dial system installed on each dumbbell lets you change the weight with a turn of a dial. Furthermore, they have a locking mechanism that secures the weight you want and leaves behind the ones you don’t.
It literally replaces an entire set of dumbbells thanks to technology. You can complete a variety of exercises without having to switch to different dumbbells.
Beginners can especially benefit from these dumbbells. When you’re first starting out in strength training, it’s best to start lifting smaller weights to build strength and prevent injury.
As your strength improves, you can turn the dial to a heavier weight setting. There’s no need to run out and buy another pair of dumbbells because it’s already there at your fingertips.
- Dimensions for Single Dumbbell: 15.75″ length x 8″ width x 9″ height
- Product Materials: Steel, plastic and rubber
- Minimum Weight Setting: 5 pounds
- Maximum Weight Setting: 52.5 pounds
- Total Lifting Weight: 105 pounds
- Weight Settings: 15
- Shipping Weight: About 120 pounds
- Grips: Rippled, rubber-wrapped grips for comfort
- Adjustable Dial System – Each dumbbell adjusts to five to 25 pounds by turning a dial. It adjusts in 2.5-pound increments for the first 25 pounds.
- Wide Range of Weight Settings – Each dumbbell has 15 different weight settings, such as 5, 7.5, 10, 12.5, 15, 17.5, 20, 22.5, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 and 52.5 pounds. With these multiple weight settings, you can add variety to every workout.
- Won’t Take Up Space – Its space-saving design won’t take up much room in your home. These Bowflex dumbbells replace 15 sets of dumbbells. You can bid farewell to the clutter of a traditional rack of dumbbells restricting your space.
- Quieter Workouts – A durable molding encases all the steel plates to prevent them from clanging together, thus, giving you a quieter workout and not a headache.
- Full-Body Workouts – The multiple weight settings let you perform a variety of different exercises. With these free weights, you can work out your back, chest, legs, arms, abdominal and shoulders. You can use the heavier weight settings for lunges and shrugs, while the lighter weight settings will work great for curls and raises.
- 30 Plus Exercises – You can perform over 30 plus exercises with just one pair of dumbbells. Its design allows you to effortlessly switch weight settings in between exercises without interrupting your workout.
- Comfortable Grips – You can lift and hold the Bowflex SelectTech 552 adjustable dumbbells in your hands without them slipping or causing discomfort thanks to the rippled, rubber hand grips.
The parts of the Bowflex SelectTech 552 comes with a warranty.
- Parts: Two-year limited coverage
- Steel Plates: Two years
- Labor: One year
Shipping & Assembly
After you order the Bowflex dumbbells, they are immediately shipped to you. If you’re ordering from Amazon, the shipping is usually free because it’s over $25. With a shipping weight of almost 120 pounds, you’ll be glad that you only had to pay for the cost of the dumbbells.
Once your package arrives, you can unwrap the dumbbells and start working out with them right away. There’s no assembling required.
Now that you know all the details about the Bowflex SelectTech 552 dumbbells, let’s discuss the pros and cons.
- If you have limited space in your home or apartment for exercise equipment, then you will appreciate the space-efficient design of the Bowflex SelectTech 552 dumbbells. These dumbbells replace 15 sets of free weights. You can finally say goodbye to clutter.
- Bowflex’s smart use of technology has developed dumbbells with multiple weight settings that easily adjusts from one setting to the other with a turn of a dial. It is not difficult to operate.
- You can get a full-body workout with these dumbbells because of its various weight settings. With one pair of dumbbells, you can do more than 30 exercises that will help you get stronger and gain muscle mass.
- If you’re new to strength training, the free training app will become your personal trainer, assisting you every step of the way. You will learn how to get the most out of the Bowflex SelectTech 552 dumbbells through coaching and workout videos. The app downloads to your smartphone and other compatible devices.
- What a great price! At just under $300 on Amazon, the Bowflex dumbbells are a great value. If you were to buy separately the same size dumbbells for each weight setting built into the smart dumbbells, you’ll pay up $1,000.
On Amazon, many consumers posted glowing reviews about their Bowflex SelectTech adjustable dumbbells. However, there’s a small percentage of dissatisfied customer reviews.
- Some customers did not like the quality of some of its parts. The dumbbells have plastic components that hold the weights in place. A few customers complained that the plastic parts break easily without much effort, and it was not covered by the limited part warranty.
- Moreover, other customers noticed that with regular use of the dumbbells the weight selection function, when customers turned the dial the locking mechanism would not pick up the steel metal plates, nor would they stop leaving them behind.
- For bodybuilders, these dumbbells may not be suitable for them. With only a 52.5 pound weight setting, bodybuilders may want to get a heavier set of dumbbells to maintain their current fitness status. However, Bowflex stands by their product and believes that these dumbbells work for various fitness levels.
- Although there is molding encasing the metal plates, a few customers complained about them clanging together anyway.
Final Verdict: Are Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells Right for You?
Other Adjustable Dumbbells reviewed by us: