The Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE is one of the most popular home gyms on the fitness market. It provides you a full body workout using over 70 exercises. These effective workouts take your fitness to the next level and help you get maximum exposure for each body part including chest, shoulders, back, arm, abdomen and legs. The Xtreme 2 SE ranks itself as an ultimate home gym that leaves no stone unturned when it comes to achieving your fitness goals related to muscular strength, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance.
One of our favorite features of Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym is the Quick Change Power Rod System that helps save time and effort by keeping you focused entirely on the workout. It comes equipped with 210 lbs of Power Rod® Resistance, which is the key element of overall gym functionality and modern design. These Power Rods are easily upgradeable to 310 lbs and 410 lbs, if you need extra resistance. The Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym is built with many parts, some of which include Power Rod System, Lat Bar, Abdominal Bar, Squat Station and Pulleys. These larger parts work in combination with various other smaller components to provide you a fully functional home gym.
Some of the major exercises on the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym include bench press, biceps curl, leg extension, seated shoulder press, lat pull downs and abdominal crunch, etc. These few workouts are just tip of the iceberg and there are over 70 body exercises that focus on bodybuilding, circuit training, strength training and advanced general conditioning.
Let’s check out the detailed specifications and features of the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home gym before we summarize our likes and dislikes. In the end, we will conclude the review to find out if this is still our recommended choice of home gym for 2019.
Specifications and Features:
(Video: 1:30 Minutes)
- Length: 53″
- Width: 49″
- Height: 82″
- Gym Weight: 157 lbs.
- Workout Area: 96″ (L) x 78″ (W)
- User Weight Cap: 300 lbs. Maximum
- 70+ exercises are supported.
- Power Rod® Resistance offers smooth workout without risking health of bones and joints.
- The Bowflex Rod Resistance system is made up of nylon composite material which is safe to use and easily upgradeable to 310 lbs and 410 lbs.
- No change cable pulley mechanism helps users to switch from lats to legs without even changing any of the cables physically.
- Durable Steel Frame construction ensures long-term usage and reliability.
- Lat Tower and Angled Lat bar increases endurance and strength of shoulder muscles.
- 7 free trainer built workout regimens illustrated inside the owner’s manual.
- 6 multiple pulley locations empower users to perform full body workouts that include bench press, pulldowns, pushdowns, squat, abdominal crunch and rowing exercises.
- Cable routine mechanism allows to change positions such as ab crunch.
- Comfortable handgrips, straps and harness available for shoulders, hands, ankle and feet.
- Lat pull down bar and leg extension attachment work on shoulder, back, triceps and leg muscle groups respectively.
- Ab harness makes abdominal muscles stronger by relocating pulleys from chest to abdominal bar.
- Adjustable gym seat makes workouts comfortable to last much longer.
Warranty and Guarantee:
As per manufacturer, the warranty includes:
- Power Rods: Lifetime
- Home Gym: 7 Years
For more information about warranty, check with the manufacturer.
Shipping and Assembly
The shipping of Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym can vary based on your location and selected type of shipping. You can search for online retailers that offer free shipping to your doorstep.
The assembly of Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE is very simple. There are well-illustrated diagrams and step-by-step instructions provided in the assembly manual. You just need follow the guidelines in order to put your home gym together within 3-5 hours. However, you will need the following set of tools to get the home gym assembled:
- Adjustable Wrench
- 7/16” and 9/16 Combination Wrenches
- Socket Wrench Set
- Hex Wrenches (Included in the package)
- Phillips Screw Driver
- Flat Blade Screw Driver
- Rubber Mallet
- Utility Knife and Scissors
Things We Really Liked about the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym
First of all, we love the superior design and higher built-quality of the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym. It looks very solid and doesn’t create any squeaky noises when using the gym. The no-change cable pulley system and durable power rods make it one of our top rated choice on the home gym market. Bowflex is a trusted brand in the fitness world since 1986 and we simply adore their workout equipment ranging from SelectTech Dumbbells to Max Trainers.
Another best thing about Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym is the ability to perform multiple exercises (70+) that cover all body parts. It’s a complete home gym with enough resistance to make you quit other types of fitness equipment you’ve used in the past. The gym workouts are well-illustrated with diagrams inside owner’s manual, so that you can start exercising each day. You can log down your workout routine each day to get a better idea about your targeted fitness goal and current level of achievement.
The top of the line power rod system gives you similar feeling to using free weights. However, the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym is completely safe to use unlike adjustable dumbbells. If 210 lbs in not enough for you, the gym has the capacity to add further resistance. You can easily move up to higher levels of 310 lbs or even 410 lbs without any need to change the gym model. All you need is to buy the additional resistance for your Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym.
What We Do Not Like about the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym
- It’s a bit on the expensive side and may not suit budgeted users.
- The assembly process can take considerable amount of time.
Wrap Up: Is the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Worth Buying in 2019?
Other Bowflex Products reviewed by us: