FreeMotion Fitness has been around since 1999 and is a subsidiary of ICON Health & Fitness. ICON is the world’s largest manufacturer and direct marketer of fitness equipment.
The FreeMotion 850 treadmill is one of the company’s top-selling models due to the fact that it can be custom tailored to suit your specific fitness needs and workout goals.
With an abundance of features and technology on board, you can look forward to an interactive workout experience every day.
How does this treadmill perform against other comparable brands and models? Let us delve deep into the mechanics, technology, specifications and features of the FreeMotion 850.
The FreeMotion treadmill 850 has a compact and portable space-saving design with an EasyLift Assist Technology that makes it easy to maneuver and tuck away in a corner in your bedroom, garage or designated home gym area. It boasts a significant number of impressive on-board specifications and iFit integrative technology.
Features and Programs
- Width: 22″, which is 2″ wider than standard treadmill decks
- Length: 60″
- Motor: 3.5 CHP delivers smooth and quiet performance
- Maximum User Weight: 350 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 280 pounds
- Power Source: included AC adapter
To determine if the FreeMotion 850 treadmill is right for you, it is very important to comparison shop and closely examine the features, on-board programming, interval levels, space, size and other specifications.
Here are some of the more specific attributes of this powerful fitness machine.
- The console comes complete with a 7″ LCD display screen that showcases 32 complete preset workout programs with iFit compatibility.
- The on-board, one-step workout controls are very easy to use.
- The CoolAire workout fan and music port, for an iPod or other music device, keep you comfortable and motivated while working out.
- Deep pockets securely hold your water bottle, towel and other workout essentials.
- iFit programming allows you to create maps of anywhere in the world on the LCD screen to match your terrain, incline and workout settings. Included within this technology are workout competitions, fitness training modes and an interactive exercise experience with world-renowned trainer, Jillian Michaels.
- There are two hand grips that track your heart rate as you workout, to ensure you are keeping your heart rate in the maximum fat-burning cardiovascular zone.
- The decline capabilities built in to the FreeMotion 850 treadmill are hard to find in the retail treadmill market. You can quickly and easily decline from -3 to 0 degrees using the one-touch handle controls; this allows you to simulate varying degrees of terrain with ease.
The FreeMotion 850 is designed to give you a head-to-toe workout with maximum comfort and ease of use. Its powerful motor rests comfortably on non-flex rollers, and you will enjoy speeds of up to 12 mph. It quickly and easily inclines for training, sprinting and running.
The SRS, Surface Response Suspension, reduces the impact of each step you take, so you have increased joint and muscle protection to help prevent injuries. The one-step incline and decline controls are also an important built-in safety feature to prevent injury.
FreeMotion offers one of the best warranties on the market for all of their products. You will receive lifetime coverage on the frame and the motor with the 850 model.
You get an additional five years in coverage on parts and two full years on labor with this particular treadmill.
Shipping and Assembly
The FreeMotion 850 treadmill will take two people to help bring it inside your home and set it up. It is very difficult to maneuver while it is in the box with the packaging materials, and there is no option for an in-home delivery and setup service with the FreeMotion or ICON companies.
The average assembly time is around two hours. Some specialty fitness retailers and smaller boutiques may arrange to deliver and set up the treadmill in your home or office for an additional fee. Most national chain retailers and online shops who carry the FreeMotion 850 treadmill in their inventory do not offer in-home delivery or setup.
Overall, this treadmill features a quiet and powerful motor, built-in safety features, a space-saving design and plethora of on-board comfort and technology-based features. There are many high-performance features on board and many presets and custom-tailored programs to take your workouts to the next level.
For the price, it offers a lot of bang for the buck and is a treadmill you will enjoy using for many years. This machine will be enjoyed by someone new to fitness and working out as well as seasoned sprinters and runners.
- The folding, space-saving design
- The lifetime warranty on the frame and motor and reasonable parts and labor warranties
- The decline capabilities for terrain variance
- The 32 built-in workouts
- The lack of assembly and in-home setup options
- The lack of a more accurate heart rate chest monitor
- The display screen is quite small
The Last Word: Is FreeMotion 850 Treadmill Worth Buying?
Other Treadmills reviewed by us:
- Xterra Fitness TR300
- Gold’s Gym Trainer 720
- Performance 400i Treadmill
- Performance 600i Treadmill
- Power 995i Treadmill
- 520 ZN Treadmill
- Performance 300i Treadmill
- 6.0 RT Treadmill
- Pro 2000 Treadmill