About 25 years ago, NordicTrack emerged on the scene with its infamous ski machine. It had a resurgence in the late 1990s and expanded its product lineup to include treadmills, incline trainers, bikes, apparel and step machines. As a leading brand of ICON Health & Fitness company, NordicTrack has a global presence and is known for producing top-of-the-line fitness equipment. The NordicTrack C 1650 treadmill is loaded with features and is ideal for runners, joggers and walkers alike.
The NordicTrack C 1650 model has been around since 2014 and has undergone several updates in recent years. It was ahead of its time in 2014, and it now has even more modern features and interactive touches. The large 10-inch touchscreen display lets you upload your workout statistics, surf the internet, look for healthy recipes and stream the iFit program with Google Maps.
Whether you get the NordicTrack 1650 at an established fitness retailer or online through a direct distributor, the 1650 is the top model within the C series and offers a power-packed experience at a relatively affordable cost compared to other top-of-the-line treadmills on the market.
The 3.5 CHP motor is of commercial-grade quality and can easily handle running and sprinting at long intervals. Offering 34 on-board workout programs, you will never get bored with the NordicTrack C 1650 treadmill. It is also easy to link to the iFit interactive workout program where you can upload your stats and sync up your mobile device with Google Maps to create a one-of-a-kind workout program.
The 20-inch by 60-inch belt is standard size, and it does feature a power incline. The motor has a lifetime warranty, and the parts are covered for five full years as well. This is among the better warranty offerings for treadmills in the marketplace today.
Video Review (1:57 Minutes)
What We Like
- You will achieve impressive results with the power incline. It boosts your caloric burn, gives a cardiovascular challenge and tones and sculpts lean muscles. When you combine the power incline with the iFit program, the topography adjusts on the screen to mimic mountainous terrain.
- With 34 built-in workout programs, you may not ever even need to subscribe to iFit. The easy-to-use touchscreen gives lets you select a program based on intensity heart rate, incline or speed.
- The web-enabled touchscreen runs on the Android network and is an impressive 10 inches in size; this makes it easy to view. It offers a portable web browser and full surfing experience that you can use with iFit or to catch up on your latest shows without having to use your phone or tablet.
- There are two options for heart rate monitoring with the NordicTrack C 1650 treadmill. The handlebars have built-in censors, and there is also a Bluetooth wireless heart rate transmitter on board that you can sync up with the iFit program to track and store your progress.
- Most NordicTrack machines have two built-in speakers; the 1650 has three. If you are an audiophile or an avid music lover and need sound to take your workouts to the next level, you will be very impressed by the output of sound with the speakers on the 1650. It is also iPod compatible.
- The track and deck offer a unique cushioning system that you can enable or disable at any time. If you want a more cushioned platform during an intense run, enable the FlexSelect cushioning. With the touch of a button, you can turn it off to experience a more realistic road-inspired workout.
- The on-board fan has a self-adjusting feature that outputs air depending on the intensity of the workout.
- The generous warranty is among the best on the market for treadmills and fitness equipment. If you are able to purchase the NordicTrack C 1650 treadmill at a discounted price from a retailer, it makes the warranty an ever better benefit.
- Star Rating: 4 out of 5
- Motor: 3.5 HP
- Incline: Up to 12 percent
- Running Area: 20 by 60
- Folding: Yes
- Top Speed: 12 mph
- Weight Capacity: 300 pounds
- Dimensions: 78.3 inches in length by 35.75 inches in width by 56.4 inches in height
- Built-In Programs: 34
What We Do Not Like
- The assembly is very challenging with most NordicTrack products. There are a lot of on-board components to hook up. The units are built very well and to last. The downside of this is that they are heavy, bulky and cumbersome to maneuver and assemble. If you can arrange for white-glove delivery service or can hire someone handy or tech savvy to assemble the 1650, it would be well worth the extra cost.
- The updated versions of the 1650 do not have a power decline. The commercial series is now the only line in NordicTrack with the power decline feature. You can target a whole new range of muscle groups with the decline feature, so many customers were upset when newer versions of the 1650 were released without this important feature.
- The quality of the rollers are good, but they are are not as wide as other treadmills in this price and quality range. The larger the rollers on a treadmill, the less maintenance the machine will require.