NordicTrack is one of the dominant brands when it comes to treadmills and exercise equipment. The brand has patented several technology-based features, including FlexSelect cushioning technology and EasyLift assist to help users telescope the treadmill into a folding position. The C 700 retails for between $800 and $1000.
- Length: 73 inches
- Width: 36 inches
- Height: 67.5 inches
- Running Surface Length: 20 x55 inches
NordicTrack manufactures treadmills that balance quality user experience with cost consciousness.
Their vast user base allows them to offer key features like iFit compatibility with a foundational quality product.
- 2.75 CHP Motor – The NordicTrack C 700 boasts of fairly strong horsepower with this unit’s 2.75 CHP motor. In general, the higher the CHP rating, the stronger the motor.
- 0-10 mph Speed – 10 MPH tends to be plenty for most treadmill users, particularly for those using it for weight loss. OneTouch controls also make speed adjustments quick and easy.
- 0-10% Incline – The NordicTrack C 700 allows users to change the treadmill’s incline with a touch of a button. As you probably know, the ability to change incline helps users work different muscle groups and simulates running outdoors, so it’s an especially helpful feature for runners training for a race.
- FlexSelect Cushioning – NordicTrack offers their patented shock absorbing system, which is called FlexSelect, to help cushion the exercise’s impact.
- Dual CardioGrip Heart Rate Monitor – The treadmill offers a built-in heart rate monitor so you can keep your finger on your workout’s pulse, literally.
- SpaceSaver Design – The NordicTrack C 700 has a SpaceSaver design and EasyLift technology, which will assist you in folding up what would be a very heavy piece of exercise equipment otherwise.
- Autobreeze Fan – Users who have never run with an on-board fan before are usually pleasantly surprised at how much it contributes to a comfortable workout experience.
- Rollers – 1.9 inch precision-machined and balanced rollers come with this treadmill model.
- Max Weight Capacity: 300 lbs – The treadmill’s 300-lb weight capacity is typical for similar models and great for users looking to lose weight.
- Multi-Window Display – The NordicTrack C 700’s console features multi-window LED display. The console is touch screen and easy to access, and it also displays an integrated calorie burn meter.
- iPod Compatible – The NordicTrack C 700 is compatible with your iPod or other MP3 player, and it features NordicTrack Intermix Acoustic 2.0 sound system to play your music through two speakers.
- 20 workout apps – The C 700 offers users 20 trainer-certified pre-loaded workouts that are easy to access and convenient if you want to vary your workout.
- Integrated Tablet Holder – We like the treadmill’s tablet holder quite a bit because it is adjustable, which means taller or shorter users can still see their tablets without experiencing glare.
The NordicTrack C 700 will use its multi-window display to show you all of your workout data. This model offers a smooth experience with integrated technological enhancements.
It is iFit compatible. A lot of users like tapping into the iFit programming, which you have to buy separately as a monthly or yearly subscription, because it offers lots of options when it comes to workouts and training, and it can even connect you with other users that are training in similar ways.
NordicTrack offers a lifetime warranty on the treadmill’s frame and a 25-year warranty on its motor. They also provide a 1-year backing on parts and labor.
Shipping and Assembly Details
Like most exercise equipment, if you purchase this online, you should expect to put some time into assembly. The good thing is that the directions are clear and easy to understand. However, parts of this treadmill were difficult to put together, including some hard-to-reach bolts and uncooperative plastic casings. We recommend taking advantage if your online retailer offers expert assembly.
So What Do We Think?
This treadmill is a best budget treadmill. It is one step up from basic, quality models that offer comfortable user experiences without the technology and console options offered by NordicTrack's C700 model.
We've said this before, but we really appreciate NordicTrack's integrated tablet holder and FlexSelect cushioning.
Even though most treadmills feature both a reading rack and shock absorption, NordicTrack's options are particularly appealing. We especially like being able to turn off the FlexSelect cushioning when it's time to get our legs used to road running in preparation for upcoming races.
The Not So Good:
We have two complaints about this model, and then we will also cover some user-reported issues. First, the 2.75 horsepower is a little low for the higher end of the price range that this model can retail for. Second, the running deck is only 55 inches long, which is short for some users who might need to adjust their stride to avoid kicking the front of the treadmill.
User-reported issues tend to be pretty standard, with one exception. Every treadmill has reviews where something may not work or turn on after assembly, but most of the time this is handled quickly by the retailer or the manufacturer.
The exception to the standard complaints is that users are reporting problems working with NordicTrack's customer service. Of course, this is concerning to us even though we have not had a bad experience with them, so we wanted to be sure to mention it.
Final Verdict: Is the NordicTrack C700 Treadmill a Good Deal?
Other Treadmills reviewed by us:
- Xterra Fitness TR300
- Freemotion 850 Treadmill
- Performance 400i Treadmill
- NordicTrack C990
- Gold’s Gym Trainer 720
- Power 995i Treadmill
- Proform performance 300i
- 520 ZN Treadmill
- 6.0 RT Treadmill
- NordicTrack Elite 7700
- Pro 2000 Treadmill
- Horizon T101 Treadmill