NordicTrack is one of the biggest brands in the treadmill industry. This model is quiet and easy to use. It features FlexSelect cushioning technology, an iFit compatible and web-enabled console and standard incline and speed options for the price range. The NordicTrack C990 retails for around $1000.
- Length : 78.3 inches
- Width : 35.75 inches
- Height : 56.4 inches
- Running Surface Length: 20 x60 inches
NordicTrack treadmills tend to offer good, solid performance with some of the most-used bells and whistles in the industry.
- 3.0 CHP Motor – The NordicTrack C 990 boasts some solid horsepower with a 3.0 CHP motor. The motor is also housed in a bigger motor case to help minimize noise and vibration.
- 0-12 mph Speed – With the 1-touch controls on the console, users can adjust the speed on the treadmill easily.
- 0-12% Incline – The NordicTrack C 990 offers one touch controls to change the treadmill’s incline up to 12%. When used in combination with the iFlex subscription, the incline can even automatically adjust to the route you’ve chosen.
- FlexSelect Cushioning – NordicTrack offers their patented shock absorbing system, which is called FlexSelect.
- Grip Pulse Heart Rate Monitor – The treadmill does come with a build in heart rate monitor to allow you to check your heart rate and determine if you’re in your target zone.
- SpaceSaver Design – The NordicTrack C 990 has a SpaceSaver design and EasyLift assist to help you fold up the treadmill for easy storage.
- Autobreeze Fan – The NordicTrack’s Autobreeze fan is adjustable and easy to turn on in the middle of your run.
- Max Weight Capacity: 300 lbs – The max weight limit for this treadmill is about 300 lbs. This is standard for treadmills in this price range.
- 7-inch Display – The NordicTrack C 990’s console features a 7-inch display. The console is touch screen and full color, and it is also wifi-enabled so you can go online during your workout.
- iPod Compatible – The NordicTrack C 990 is compatible with your iPod or other MP3 player, and it has an Intermix Acoustic sound system to play your music through two speakers.
- 32 Workout Apps – The C 990 comes with 32 trainer-certified workouts that are already loaded and easy to access.
- Tablet Holder – The treadmill’s tablet holder is one of its best features. It is adjustable to allow users to change the angle of display, so they can see it better.
The NordicTrack C990 displays all the usual options when it comes to your workout: mileage, pace, heart rate, time and calories. If you are interested in taking advantage of even more workout options, you can purchase an additional subscription to iFit, which offers tons of different options like daily workouts, HD videos and connections with friends to help you up the ante on your exercise routine. You can access your iFit workouts and coach via wifi or use Google Maps to create a route that your iFit will automatically adjust incline for.
Warranty of NordicTrack C990
NordicTrack offers a lifetime warranty on both the treadmill's frame and its motor. Parts are backed by a 3-year warranty and labor by a 1-year warranty.
Shipping and Assembly Details
For this treadmill, some retailers offer expert assembly. However, if you choose to do it yourself, the instructions are clear and most users report being able to finish it in about three or four hours. We did find that the box and the treadmill parts are quite heavy, so be sure to enlist the help of someone strong enough to do the heavy lifting. Once it is assembled, it is quite easy to move.
So What Do We Think?
- The motor on this model runs pretty quietly, and we found the adjustable tablet holder a nice change.
- Being able to change the angle on our screens was really helpful. The seven inches of touchscreen display was also easy to use and see.
- The console is web-enabled to allow you to use the internet while you workout.
- Our favorite option for this treadmill was the FlexSelect cushioning. Now, most treadmills do offer some sort of shock absorber to reduce the impact of your workout on your body. This one, however, allows you to adjust the cushioning, and if you prefer a firmer, more road-like surface, you can even turn the shock absorption off.
The Not So Good:
- Although the motor is rated a 3.0 CHP, which is pretty good horsepower for this price tag, several reviews mention that the motor broke, stopped working or developed a squeak after about a year. It is covered under a lifetime warranty, however, so this potential problem should not be a deal breaker.
- Other reviews mention problems with the console not working, and many say that working with customer service is difficult and time consuming. Although we have not had to get in touch with NordicTrack’s customer service about the C 990 treadmill, those reports are concerning.
- Finally, for users who are not interested in purchasing an iFit subscription, this treadmill’s start up menu may be frustrating as it attempts to connect to iFit each time the console is turned on.
Final Verdict: Is the NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill a Good Deal?
Other Treadmills reviewed by us:
- Xterra Fitness TR300
- Freemotion 850 Treadmill
- Performance 400i Treadmill
- Gold’s Gym Trainer 720
- Power 995i Treadmill
- Proform performance 300i
- 520 ZN Treadmill
- 6.0 RT Treadmill
- NordicTrack Elite 7700
- Pro 2000 Treadmill