If you love strength training and want to maintain your rock-solid body, you know how important it is to own a good power rack. Power racks are like jungle gyms for strength training. You can climb on them, hang from them and attach other fitness accessories to it to create more exercises for a varied workout.
Strength training does great things for your body, externally and internally. It makes you stronger, improves your heart health, builds strong bones and helps you lose weight and keep it off, just to name a few of its benefits. However, before you can reap all these benefits, you need to put in time, effort and hard work by establishing a rigorous workout routine.
The Powertec Fitness Workbench Power Rack has made its way into the garage and basement gyms of many fitness enthusiasts. Over the years, it has undergone several upgrades to meet demands. And, still continues to fit the bill for consumers strength training needs. However, let’s review this product in full detail to determine whether it will fit into your active lifestyle.
- Product material: A steel tubing frame coated with a black paint finish that resists rust and corrosion.
- Assembled height: 84 inches
- Assembled width: 50.6 inches
- Assembled length: 50 inches
- Weight capacity: Rack – (1000 pounds), Dip Bar – (400 pounds), Chin-Up Bar – (400 pounds)
- Product weight: About 270 pounds
To simplify it, the Powertec Power Rack is made with steel tubing that’s finished with a black paint. It stands seven feet tall, measures about four and a half feet wide and about four feet long. This rack weighs around 270 pounds when it’s fully assembled.
By itself, the power rack can support 1000 pounds, and the dip bar and chin-up bar can hold 400 pounds. With these types of weight capacities, the power rack is strong enough to withstand rigorous workout routines and heavy equipment.
- A strong, durable steel construction that can handle strength training exercises, large weight limits, etc.
- You can attach a variety of accessories.
- Lets you execute a wide range of different exercises for your entire body.
- It has new and improved chin-up bars and olympic bar safety catches.
- Brand new Gravity Lock Safety catches keep you safe each time you workout.
- A new numeric system that is easy to read, set and adjust for attaching accessories.
- Dip accessory (WB-DMA13) is included.
You can easily customize the Powertec Power Rack system into a gym that will help you reach your fitness goals thanks to all the separate additional accessories that’s available.
- Lat tower option plate loaded (WB-LTO16)
- 190-pound weight stack set for lat option
- Utility bench (WB-UB16) + Utility bench connector
- Leg lift accessory (WB-LLA16)
- Curl machine accessory (WB-CMA16)
- Pec fly accessory (WB-PFA16)
- Leg press accessory (WB-LPA16)
- Accessory rack (WB-ASR16)
- Powertec 255-pound olympic weight set
- Powertec 300-pound weight set & olympic bar
- Powertec 510-pound olympic weight set
- Powertec olympic deluxe black bar with collars
- 455-pound iron olympic grip plates
- Set of four 2¾-inch-by-2¾-inch footplates
- Set of two upright 5-inch extension
- Set of two weight plates storage horns
- Step-up plate attachment
- Rope/strength ring attachment
- Barbell landmine attachment
- Multi-grip pull-up bar
- Rope anchor attachment
Powertec Power Rack warranties does not provide coverage for commercial use but for home use only.
- A lifetime warranty covers frame, excluding surface finish.
- Two-year protection for parts, excluding spring pins and bearings.
- One year of coverage for grips, pads and undefined parts.
Shipping & Assembly
The Powertec Power Rack ships for free to 48 states, excluding Hawaii, Alaska and U.S. Territories. International shipping is unavailable. There’s no special delivery services available at this time.
The Powertec Power Rack is a heavy piece of fitness equipment that is shipped in pieces. It arrives with steel tubes, nuts, washers and bolts. You need tools to put the power rack together. An assembly guide is included to help you.
Now it’s time to weigh the pros and cons of the Powertec Power Rack system to better determine whether this fitness equipment is worth buying.
- The Powertec Power Rack has a solid steel construction that’s been updated and capable of withstanding tough workouts and supporting large weight limits. With the power rack, you can execute different strength training exercises that will give your regular workout routine a boost.
- It’s easy to transform it into a personalized strength training gym. You can choose from more than 20 different Powertec Power Rack accessories to add to it for a full-body workout.
- There’s always a risk of injury when you are working with fitness equipment. That’s why the Powertec Power Rack has added new and improved safety features to keep you safe during your workout routine.
- The best thing of all about this power rack is that it allows you to do strength training, which is a reward in itself.
Most people who have purchased it enjoys the quality, durability and how much it has enhanced their strength training experience. However, a few customers had a small complaint about how the power rack slightly wobbles while they were using the dip bar. Unfortunately, it doesn’t come with feet to secure it to the ground.
Final Verdict: Is Powertec Power Rack Worth Buying?
Other Power Racks reviewed by us: