The ProForm 505 CST Treadmill is an overall great choice for those who want a durable and high-quality treadmill without pushing past the higher price range. It is an amazing combination of solid construction, innovative features, and compact design that make it an excellent pick for a top-rated treadmill choice.
Without any further ado, let’s finish up our review.
- Height: 59.5” (151 cm)
- Width: 34” (86.4 cm)
- Length: 70” (178 cm)
- Weight: 186 lbs (84.4 kg)
- Running Surface: 20”x55” (51 cm x 140 cm)
At five feet tall and a hair under six feet long, the 505 CST Treadmill takes up a substantial area, but no more than other typical treadmills of its size class.
Further, it offers a state of the art “Space-Saver folding design” that elevates the running surface to a comfortable diagonal, reducing the overall floor space when not in use.
As usual this doesn’t make the ProForm 505 CST completely unobtrusive, but means it can fit into a surprisingly small space when not in use.
- iFit Upgrade Compatibility
- 2.5 CHP Mach Z Commercial Motor
- 18 on-board workout programs
- ProShox Cushioning system
- 0-10 mph max speed
- Large LCD Window
- EKG Grip-based heart rate monitor
- iPod and MP3 Player Compatible Audio
- 0-10% incline, console-controlled
- 325 lbs maximum user weight
This is actually a very good set of popular features for any mid-priced treadmill on the market right now.
First, let’s talk about incline. A common cost-saving measure in budget treadmills is to include a manually adjusted incline, so the user can get an uphill workout, but doesn’t add the expense of electronic adjustment. This is understandable, but it interrupts the workout routine and in most cases ends up being ignored after incline is being set to a certain value.
The ability to adjust the incline with the push of a button keeps the workout moving without interruption, and it’s very nice to see on a budget-friendly treadmill option like the ProForm 505 CST.
However, the real cool feature here is the iFit compatibility.
iFit technology offers users an unlimited number of workout routines to download from the internet. This allows iFit compatible devices to provide users with a huge workout variety, and it features integration with Google Maps so that users can challenge themselves with routines based on real-world locations.
Things We Love
- Price – We’re huge fans of the mid-range price bracket offered for the 505 CST Treadmill. For the number of top-rated treadmill features, it makes Proform an excellent choice among runners.
- iFit – One of the biggest enemies of consistent workout habits is routine fatigue. To put it another way, people grow bored. With 505 Treadmill you have the ability to download new routines and programs, challenging oneself in real world locations and fellow treadmill users around the world can keep things lively, as well as providing varied muscular challenges. You can also customize and enjoy treadmill workouts based on your needs. The ability to get custom-made workouts created by Jillian Michaels make iFit technology very attractive in the fitness industry.
- Quiet Operation – The Proform 2.5 Horsepower motor is actually really quiet in operation. This isn’t always a huge deal, but some lower end treadmills can transmit the low-frequency sound waves that contribute to headache and disorientation during a fitness workout. Any motor that’s quiet and reliable is a thumbs up in our testing of the treadmill.
- Warranty – Consider that in our previous reviews on high-quality budget treadmills, we’ve seen warranties ranging from 1 year to non-existent. The 505 Treadmill, on the other hand, has an impressive lifetime frame warranty, 25 year motor warranty, and 1 year assorted parts warranty. This means that the ProForm will generally provide very good service over the long haul, freeing the end-user from worry over treadmill maintenance costs for a good deal of its overall lifespan.
The Less Good Features
- Maximum Speed is “Jogging” speed – Serious running training averages at 12-13 mph, not 10 mph. The 505 CST Treadmill is not going to provide good sprinting training, regardless of how much you use it.
- No Negative Incline – Incorporating a computer-controlled incline was great, but there is no “downhill” option to the incline, it’s uphill or flat surfaces. This eliminates the good training to come from running downhill.
- Handlegrip Heart Rate Monitoring Only – This isn’t to say that the ProForm is wireless compatible but doesn’t include the sensor; there is no wireless heart rate capability in the treadmill at all. One would think including the nice feature and leaving the option to purchase the extra gear was a better decision, but ProForm doesn’t seem to agree.
Shipping and Assembly
You can buy ProForm 505 CST from Amazon at the suitable price. When you buy from the trusted store, they offer free shipping with fast delivery. You save more when you buy from the reputed online website. There are different promos, deals and discount offers running on the website.
The shipping fee can be a huge factor in your overall cost especially if you are buying something as heavy as a treadmill. There is Free 2 Day shipping exclusive for Amazon prime customers.
- Blame Mom For Overweight Kids: Trials Target Maternal Obesity With Probiotics - June 15, 2022
- Best Memory Booster Supplements And Pills To Improve Recall - June 1, 2022
- Buy Legal Steroids and SARMS From CrazyBulk - May 10, 2022