I hope my review of “ProForm 6.0 RT Treadmill” will help you make an informed decision. We will discuss little bit of history first and then you can check out the features of the treadmill with the pros and cons. So, read on to find out more…
Given the vast array of exercise machines on today’s market, one product stands out from the crowd because it’s a pioneering piece of equipment that was invented a surprisingly long time ago. In the early 1800s, Sir William Cubitt, a British engineer, was commissioned to design a machine to punish prisoners, and his huge, rotating gadget proved just what the jailer ordered. It’s considered the very first treadmill.
No good deed goes unpunished: As a consequence of getting a daily workout, prisoners grew fit and some even reformed their ways as a result of “getting into shape,” albeit in a rather unorthodox way. That rudimentary treadmill delivered the equivalent of a climb half-way up Mt. Everest in six hours, but because the machine hosted a group of prisoners and there were no safeguards, some considered it more torture than exercise.
Perhaps you can relate to those prisoners if you consider treadmills to be cruel and unusual punishment! But if the equipment you choose is dynamically engineered to deliver a great workout, would you change your mind and give a contemporary machine two thumbs up? Perhaps the Proform Sport 6.0 treadmill will change your opinion of this iconic fitness product.
Proform 6.0 RT Treadmill Technical Information
- Width: 29-inches
- Length: 55-inches
- Height: 65-inches
- Proform treadmill belt folded: L: 50-inches X W: 18-inches
- Shipping weight: 146 pounds
- Weight capacity: 300 pounds
- Max. speed: 10 mph
- Incline range: 0- to 10-percent
Proform 6.0 RT Product Features
- EKG heart rate is monitored by hand grips rather than a chest strap.
- Integrated, upper-body resistance bands.
- Adjustable incline.
- Treadsoft, pro-deck belt surface reduces impact on joints and back.
- With QuickSpeed Control, user can increase speed from 0 to 10mph instantly.
- 2-speaker, Intermix Acoustics 2.0 Sound System interfaces with electronic devices.
- Large LCD window displays speed, heart rate, calories burned, time and distance.
- Includes 8 built-in workouts programmed to achieve fitness goals.
- Powered by a 2.0 CHP Mach Z motor.
- Constructed of steel, plastic and rubber.
- Compact design and fold-up capacity maximizes operation in small spaces.
- Frame: 5 years
- Motor: 5 years
- Labor and parts: 90 days
Assembly and Shipping
Buy from a local store and shipping & assembly fees may be assessed. Some websites such as Amazon are happy to offer you free shipping, but you’re on your own when it comes to assembly. “You can expect a little frustration putting the unit together,” says one 6.0 RT owner who clocked the assembly process at just over 90 minutes.
- The Proform 6.0 RT treadmill is designed for folks who want a light workout as well as those planning to step it up as they advance their speed to this equipment’s speed capacity: 10mph. ProForm hired a certified personal trainer to design the accompanying 16 pre-set workout apps (8 are designed to burn fat; 8 are cardio-focused) so exercisers improve their stamina.
- Treadmills are known for keeping people fit while going easy on joint impact, so muscles are toned minus the post workout aches and pains. The incline feature ups the ante on muscle toning on the Proform Treadmill 6.0 RT, so you won’t have to stop to make an adjustment thanks to the treadmill’s one-touch controls that also pump up the speed seamlessly without interrupting your workout session.
- Affordable and a great pick for a family where everyone sets a different pace, even long-legged family members will find the length and width of the belt to be a good fit.
- Divert your attention from the longest slog by plugging in your music device to broadcast your playlist via the console’s built-in speakers.
- Eager to use the Proform 6.0 treadmill to knock off pounds? Go for it; the platen supports exercisers who weigh up to 300 pounds.
The Not So Good
- Would you like the biggest bad news first? If the only way you will stick to your workout regimen is to be distracted by TV or tunes, your diversion could be drowned out by an extremely loud motor that could make the affordable price a bad trade off.
- And while the sleek design and space-saving features are beloved by some purchasers, others found the belt smaller than expected, and this may scare you off.
- This isn’t the treadmill to purchase if you intend to rely heavily upon the heart monitor because readings could be spotty or off. To add insult to injury, some exercisers have experienced “incline stick” after raising the platen to its maximum height and finding it impossible to get the bed down again.
- Further complaints about the auto calibration feature could frustrate you if all you want to do is climb onboard and get in your miles. That said, if you have no plans to mess with the incline and you’re shopping on a shoestring budget, you will see improvements in your endurance, lung capacity, muscle tone, circulatory and cardiovascular systems.
Final Verdict: Is ProForm 6.0 RT Treadmill Worthy Investment?
Other ProForm Treadmills reviewed by us:
- Pro 1000 Treadmill
- 705 CST Treadmill
- Performance 400i
- Power 995i Treadmill
- Performance 600i
- ProForm 520 ZN
- Performance 300i
- Pro 2000 Treadmill
- Proform 505 CST