The ProForm brand manufactures a wide range of home fitness equipment. While they do produce a large array of elliptical machines, recumbent and upright bikes, treadmills are definitely the top-selling product category in their lineup.
The ProForm 705 CST treadmill is definitely one of the most modern and technologically-advanced machines in the treadmill lineup. While it is a slightly-older model, fitness enthusiasts and beginners to working out all love the machine.
There have been recent upgrades to the CST, giving it 22 presets in lieu of 16 programs. Slight modifications were made to widen the belt by a few inches, but the main body and style of the machine have remained the same over the years.
How does the ProForm 705 CST compare to other treadmills on the market? To gain a better perspective, let us dive into the technical details and specifications of the ProForm 705 to make an informed choice.
The ProForm 705 CST treadmill has a sleek silhouette that offers space-saving design features. If you are in a small apartment or do not have a lot of room do designate space to a large home gym or machine, the ProForm 705 is ideal for smaller rooms.
Features and Programs
- Length: 83 inches
- Width: 30 inches
- Depth: 12 inches
- Maximum User Weight: 325 pounds
- Power Source: AC adapter included
In order to gauge whether this treadmill has the right features to accommodate your individual needs, you will want to consider the amount of on-board programming and technology, the specific functions and features, and the technical aspects of the ProForm 705 CST treadmill.
- Sixteen different workout programs are programmed into the ProForm 705 CST in the older models. Newer models offer 22 preset workout programs. Calorie-burning, endurance, weight loss, speed and interval training modes are all accessible with the touch of a button.
- The ProForm 705 is also compatible with iFit technology and Google Maps, if you have a subscription to the service. With iFit, you can download recipes and nutrition information, download workout videos and take a walk or run on many different virtual trails.
- The dual-grip hand monitors keep an accurate read on your heart rate to ensure you are staying in the maximum fat-burning zone.
- The ProForm 705 has an integrated tablet holder and iPod-compatible audio.
- The on-board fan keeps you refreshed and cool while you workout.
- The display is easy to read and features quality lighting.
- The buttons are clear and defined, and the machine is easy to navigate and learn.
- One-touch capabilities let you customize your workout effortlessly and with easy transitions.
Whether you are a seasoned runner or new to a fitness routine, the ProForm 705 CST treadmill offers a little something for everone.
The 2.5 CHP motor is of commercial-grade quality, and it can withstand a couple of hours of heavy daily use with ease. The top speed is 12 mph, and the non-flex rollers offer a very cushioned workout that is easy on the joints.
The built-in programs offer a lot of variety, depending on the type of workout you desire. The one-touch buttons let you quickly and easily customize your own workout and adjust the incline and speed as you go.
The ProForm 705 CST is protected with a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor. The company offers an additional two years for a warranty on parts and one additional year for in-home labor. ProForm offers a standard warranty that closely rivals other industry leaders in fitness equipment.
What We Like
- You get a lot of bang for your buck with the ProForm 705 treadmill.
- The commercial-grade motor can withstand a lot wear and tear with ease; this treadmill is great for anyone who enjoys working out daily.
- The audio sound has a great quality on this machine.
- The hand-grip heart monitors offer very accurate readouts.
What We Dislike
- The older models feature a shorter belt length that may make it hard for taller people or sprinters to have ample room.
- In-home delivery options can add significantly to the cost, depending on where you purchase the machine.
The Last Word: Is ProForm 705 CST Treadmill Worth Buying?
Other Treadmills reviewed by us:
- Xterra Fitness TR300
- Freemotion 850 Treadmill
- NordicTrack C990
- Gold’s Gym Trainer 720
- Power 995i Treadmill
- Proform performance 300i
- 520 ZN Treadmill
- 6.0 RT Treadmill
- NordicTrack Elite 7700
- Pro 2000 Treadmill
- NordicTrack C700
- Horizon T101
- Proform 400i