This equipment is going to take up quite a bit of space when it’s all set up. It does have a SpaceSaver design so it can fold away for easy storage, but make sure you measure out your space beforehand so you know if the treadmill will fit or not.
- Length: 79.75 inches
- Width: 36.75 inches
- Height: 59.25 inches
- Running Surface Length: 20 x60 inches
The length of the running surface is important because a taller person with long strides needs more space to accommodate long legs. The 600i meets that need by providing 60 inches of running surface, which should be more than enough length to run on.
A treadmill should be able to function reliably while offering a plethora of useful features. The ProForm 600i manages to balance function and technology for a fairly inexpensive price. We like the treadmill’s attention to detail and the way it is designed to include most of the perks of more expensive equipment.
- 2.75 CHP commercial pro motor – This motor boasts a 2.75 CHP rating, which is about standard for treadmills in this price range. The minimum CHP needed to run is 2.5, so the 600i offers enough horsepower
- 0-12 mph speed – The 12 different speed options can be changed using the QuickSpeed controls on the console.
- 0-12% incline – The ProForm 600i offers quick incline changes to allow you to run hills and maximize your workout. Incline changes are one of the best ways to vary your run and exercise different muscle groups.
- ProShox Cushioning – ProShox is the ProForm brand’s cushioning technology to minimize impact on your joints and protect your knees, hips and back.
- Grip Pulse EKG heart rate monitor – The Grip Pulse EKG sensors check your heart rate so you can stay in your target zone. The sensors are located on the hand holds, so you can reach them easily.
- SpaceSaver design – The ProForm 600i offers a SpaceSaver design assisted by EasyLift technology so you can fold it without worrying about how much the treadmill actually weighs.
- CoolAire fan – Cool off using the treadmill’s built in fan with adjustable speed options.
- Max weight capacity: 325 lbs. – The weight limit for this model is 325 pounds, which is high enough for the needs of most users. However, if you are looking for a treadmill with a higher weight capacity, you can find some in a similar price range.
- Round Watts LED Display – The ProForm 600 treadmill boasts an impressive feature. They’ve created an algorithm to determine your power output, which can help you monitor whether you’re in endurance, tempo or peak zones during your run.
- iPod Compatible – The ProForm 600i allows you to plug in your iPod so you can listen to your playlist and get excited about your run.
- 22 workout apps – Trainers have certified these 22 preprogrammed workout apps to help take the uncertainty out of your exercise routine.
- Tablet holder – The treadmill features an integrated tablet holder to keep your devices safe while you run.
The ProForm 600i displays your mileage, pace, time and calories. It is also iFit compatible although the subscription to iFit is not included with the treadmill. The iFit Coach workouts are accessible via Bluetooth.
Warranty of ProForm 600i
The warranty for the ProForm treadmill is pretty standard. Both the frame and the motor are backed by a lifetime warranty. The manufacturer also offers a warranty of two years for parts and one year for labor.
Shipping and Assembly Details
Assembly is required for this treadmill. It comes in a heavy box, and you should be prepared to spend several hours putting it together. Most users report that assembly is pretty straightforward even if it does take some time.
On to the Opinions
- In this price range, the ProForm Peformance 600i treadmill is a great bet. It offers some excellent features, including iFit compatibility, that the top treadmills have.
- The nice thing about this model of course is that it does not break the bank.
- Most runners appreciate the included fan, and we were impressed with how easy it was to fold up the treadmill after use.
- The ProShox cushioning earns many admiring reviews, but our favorite feature is the Rounds Watts LED Display.
- The LED lights will indicate your power output and how hard you are working, which is a nice touch that goes beyond the typical data tracking that most treadmills will display.
- Like most treadmills in this range, the 600i offers a nice variety of workout apps as well as most of the treadmill options like an incline up to 12 percent and incremental speed adjustment up to 12 mph.
- In short, it will satisfy the functional needs of most runners and offers some key features for further usability.
The Not So Good:
- The biggest gripe that we have about this treadmill is that the motor is only powered by 2.75 CHP. A 2.75 CHP rating is perfectly adequate to power the ProForm reliably and does stand up to everyday use, but the more expensive treadmills can offer motors of up to 4.5 CHP. Considering the other features that the 600i boasts, this is probably one of the main things keeping the price down, though, so we won’t complain too loudly.
- Some users report a few other small issues. On occasion, the incline adjustments will stick, and users say they have to get off in order to make any changes.
- Other reviews mention issues with the heart rate sensors, which may seem inaccurate at times.
- One final and similarly minor issue we will raise is that even though the frame and motor have a lifetime warranty, the parts and labor guarantees are surprisingly short.
Final Verdict: Is the ProForm Performance 600i Treadmill a Good Deal?
Other Treadmills reviewed by us: