ProForm is the world’s number one most popular fitness equipment brand. While they make a wide range of fitness equipment products, treadmills are by far the best-selling item in the lineup. ProForm is a division of ICON Health & Fitness, which was founded in 1977.
The ProForm 995i treadmill is one of the company’s best-selling models. It has been redesigned several times to include the latest and greatest technological features. The ProForm performance 995i treadmill is the top-of-the-line model within the ProForm Power Series lineup. The 690, 990 and 995 are all a part of the Power Series collection.
How does the ProForm 995i compare to other top treadmills on the market today? Let us take a closer look at the technological features and specifications of this top-quality treadmill.
This treadmill has been so popular in the fitness industry, it has been updated several times in recent years. The newest model, created in 2016, is sleek and compact with a variety of on-board comforts and technological updates that make it the perfect treadmill whether you are new to working out or you are a seasoned athlete.
- Width: 32 inches with a 20-inch-wide belt
- Length: 87.5 inches with a 60-inch-long belt
- Depth: 14 inches
- Maximum User Weight: 350 pounds
- Weight In Packaging: 224 pounds
- Power Source: Included AC adapter
The fun really begins when you start looking closely at the specifications, features and technology built into this powerhouse machine. Let us take a look at the specifications of the latest version of the ProForm Power 995i treadmill in closer detail.
- The on-board EKG grip pulses are located in each handle and are very accurate and sensitive to the touch.
- It is iFit enabled. You can download Google maps or create your own to sync with the 30 preset, on-board workouts. The incline automatically adjusts to mimic everything from the terrains of a casual stroll in Barcelona to the world’s top mountainous peaks. While this is a separate service and purchase, the library is constantly being updated to reflect new workouts; you will never get bored. These programs are created by world-renowned fitness experts.
- The integrated tablet and smartphone holder keeps a tight grip on your device, so you have easy access to all of your favorite entertainment shows while you work out.
- It features iPod-compatible audio with rich Intermix Acoustics, and a booming 3.0 sound system.
- The on-board CoolAire workout fan keeps you refreshed as you progress through your workout. It features two individual settings to keep you comfortable no matter what the temperature is inside your home, office or garage.
- While this ProForm Power incline treadmill 995i offers tons of on-board technology and advanced features, its user-friendly capabilities and one-touch controls are easy for anyone to use.
- The ProForm 995i utilizes the new watts LED displays. It instantly, and brightly, lets you know whether you are in the endurance, tempo or peak modes of your workout.
- The on-board iFit and iPod-compatibility add a whole other level to your workouts.
- The ProForm 995i treadmill has an impressive 3.0 CHP Mach Z commercial-grade motor that is virtually silent and delivers steady and reliable performance.
- The 2.5-inch precision non-flex rollers, with ProShox cushioning, are one of the top-rated features of this treadmill. You will recover much more quickly, and you will reduce the risk of injury and stress to your joints, ligaments and muscles with this shock-resistant system in place.
- With the latest 2016 version of the ProForm 995i treadmill, you will enjoy 30 preset workouts that are designed to build strength and endurance over time; you will never get bored with your workouts.
- With the simple touch of a button, you can go all the way up to a 15-percent incline, for maximum muscle building and resistance training.
- The top speed on this particular treadmill is an impressive 12 mph, which makes it ideal for seasoned marathon runners, sprinters and the novice alike.
- If you live in a small apartment or have limited room to store a large treadmill, the unique EasyLift design helps to assist you in lifting the deck. This space-saving feature lets you tuck away your treadmill quickly and easily when not in use, and it is one of the unit’s top-rated features.
This ProForm power incline treadmill has a pretty good warranty, when you compare it to other fitness brands on the market. There is a lifetime frame and motor warranty, which is rather impressive. There is also a limited three-year warranty on all additional parts and a one-year labor warranty.
Shipping and Assembly
There is no direct in-home delivery and setup option with ProForm products directly. If you purchase your treadmill from a local shop or an online retailer, some of these companies may offer in-home delivery and setup for an additional fee. However, most brick-and-mortar shops and online stores will offer curbside delivery.
The ProForm 995i treadmill weighs in at 224 pounds. Many customers suggest it takes two people to carry and assemble the treadmill. You can expect it to take up to three hours to completely assemble the treadmill and all of the computer mechanisms and on-board extras. You can get free shipping and suitable price when you order it from Amazon.
The Verdict: Is ProForm 995i Worth Buying?
What We Like
- The 30 preset workouts give you the opportunity to change up your workout every day of the month.
- The space-saving design with EasyLift Technology make it easy for anyone to tuck away the treadmill when not in use.
- The on-board, anti-shock technology significantly minimizes the injury and stress risk to your body.
- The commercial-grade motor is built to stand the test of time.
What We Do Not Like
- The lack of in-home setup and delivery options are a bit of a disappointment.
- The hand-grip heart monitor could be upgraded to a chest-strap heart monitor for more accuracy
The Last Word
Any version of the ProForm 995i treadmill is a winner. It features high-quality parts and technology, and you can customize this machine to suit your individual fitness needs.
Other Treadmills reviewed by us:
- Xterra Fitness TR300
- Freemotion 850 Treadmill
- Performance 400i Treadmill
- Gold’s Gym Trainer 720
- Performance 600i Treadmill
- Proform performance 300i
- 520 ZN Treadmill
- 6.0 RT Treadmill
- Pro 2000 Treadmill