The ProForm Power 995i Treadmill is one of our favorite picks on the market right now. It is jam-packed with excellent features that come at an affordable price. However, it must not be confused with some cheap or low-end treadmill. The 995i is definitely a high-quality treadmill with solid construction and reliable warranty. It is loaded with 3.0 CHP powerful motor and 15% incline capability. With this treadmill, you will never experience lack of power during extreme workouts. The 20” wide and 60” long running surface is compatible with runners of all heights. When running on deck, the top-of-the-line ProShox cushioning system will absorb hard impact of running to protect your bones and joints.
The Power 995i offers a pleasant and enjoyable experience towards users. When running on the treadmill, you can use the 30 pre-programmed workouts to add versatility to your exercise routine. The 7” backlit iFit Display is perfect to handle majority of the workout applications. It comes with iFit enabled, so that you compete with friends and enjoy real time locations worldwide. Additionally, the iFit alpha numeric massage center is one of the unique features we found on the treadmill. The machine is also equipped with 2 nice speakers to enjoy music and other sounds. You can also connect with iPod or compatible MP3 devices to play your favorite songs.
The ProForm 995i offers a space-saver design combined with easy lift technology. Both these features are quite handy when working out at home. The coolaire workout fan keeps you refreshed during intense exercises. When you want to monitor the heart rate, the EKG grip pulse is another great option. Just grip the handle bars and you will be able to examine your heart rate displayed at the backlit console. The warranty on the Treadmill is pretty standard. You get a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, 3 years on parts and one year coverage on labor.
(Video: 1:58 Minutes)
The ProForm Power 995i has been so popular in the fitness industry, it has been updated several times in recent years. The newest model, created in 2016, is sleek and compact with a variety of on-board comforts and technological updates that make it the perfect treadmill whether you are new to working out or a professional athlete.
- Width: 32 inches with a 20-inch-wide belt
- Length: 87.5 inches with a 60-inch-long belt
- Depth: 14 inches
- Maximum User Weight: 350 pounds
- Weight In Packaging: 224 pounds
- Power Source: Included AC adapter
The fun really begins when you start looking closely at the specifications, features and technology built into this powerhouse machine.
- The on-board EKG grip pulses are located in each handle and are very accurate and sensitive to the touch.
- It is iFit enabled. You can download Google maps or create your own to sync with the 30 preset, on-board workouts. The incline automatically adjusts to mimic everything from the terrains of a casual stroll in Barcelona to the world’s top mountainous peaks. While this is a separate service and purchase, the library is constantly being updated to reflect new workouts; you will never get bored. These programs are created by world-renowned fitness experts.
- The integrated tablet and smartphone holder keeps a tight grip on your device, so you have easy access to all of your favorite entertainment shows while you work out.
- It features iPod-compatible audio with rich Intermix Acoustics, and a booming 3.0 sound system.
- The on-board CoolAire workout fan keeps you refreshed as you progress through your workout. It features two individual settings to keep you comfortable no matter what the temperature is inside your home, office or garage.
- While it offers tons of on-board technology and advanced features, its user-friendly capabilities and one-touch controls are easy for anyone to use.
- The treadmill utilizes the new watts LED displays. It instantly, and brightly, lets you know whether you are in the endurance, tempo or peak modes of your workout.
- The on-board iFit and iPod-compatibility add a whole other level to your workouts.
- It has an impressive 3.0 CHP Mach Z commercial-grade motor that is virtually silent and delivers steady and reliable performance.
- The 2.5-inch precision non-flex rollers, with ProShox cushioning, are one of the top-rated features of this treadmill. You will recover much more quickly, and you will reduce the risk of injury and stress to your joints, ligaments and muscles with this shock-resistant system in place.
- With the 2016 version, you will enjoy 30 preset workouts that are designed to build strength and endurance over time; you will never get bored with your workouts.
- With the simple touch of a button, you can go all the way up to 15-percent incline, for maximum muscle building and resistance training.
- The top speed on this particular treadmill is an impressive 12 mph, which makes it ideal for seasoned marathon runners, sprinters and the beginners alike.
- If you live in a small apartment or have limited room to store a large treadmill, the unique EasyLift design helps to assist you in lifting the deck. This space-saving feature lets you tuck away your treadmill quickly and easily when not in use, and it is one of the top-rated features.
The ProForm 995i offers a solid warranty, when you compare it with other fitness brands on the market. There is a lifetime frame and motor warranty, which is rather impressive. There is also a limited three-year warranty on all additional parts and one-year coverage on labor.
Shipping and Assembly
The shipping cost varies based on your location and chosen type of delivery. We recommend that you search for online stores that can offer you free shipping to help save some money. There is no direct in-home delivery and setup option when you order from ProForm directly. If you purchase your treadmill from a local shop or an online retailer, some of these companies may offer in-home delivery and setup for an additional fee. However, most brick-and-mortar shops and online stores will offer curbside delivery.
The assembly is fairly straightforward, however it can still take couple of hours to complete. When assembling the treadmill, you need few tools such as hex key, adjustable wrench and Phillips screwdriver. All you need is to follow the step-by-step instructions outlined in the assembly manual. It takes two people to carry and assemble the treadmill. You can expect 3 to 4 hours to completely assemble the treadmill with all computer systems and on-board extras.
What We Liked
- The 30 preset workouts give you the opportunity to change up your workout every day of the month.
- The space-saving design with EasyLift Technology make it easy for anyone to tuck away the treadmill when not in use.
- The on-board, anti-shock technology significantly minimizes the injury and stress risk to your body.
- The commercial-grade motor is built to stand the test of time.
What We Disliked
- The hand-grip heart monitor could not be upgraded to a chest-strap heart monitor for improved accuracy.