From treadmills to bikes and everything in between, ProForm has been an industry leader in manufacturing quality fitness equipment for decades. Since 1987, the company has been empowering people and changing lives with their in-home equipment lineup.
The ProForm Pro 1000 treadmill is an easy-to-use machine that is loaded with features. It is the perfect treadmill for anyone looking to lose weight, achieve health goals, schedule regular exercise and manage weight loss.
It features a plethora of on-board technology and features that make it a user-friendly choice for anyone shopping for a new treadmill. How does it stack up against other treadmills available on the market today? Let us take a closer look at the highlights of the ProForm 1000 machine.
The ProForm Pro 1000 has a fold-up design that lets you save space in your home, so it is perfect for a small apartment or tight corner in your home gym or garage. Here are some additional specifications to take into consideration about the ProForm 1000 treadmill.
- Width: 20-inch track
- Length: 60-inch track
- Overall Dimensions: 79.62 inches in length by 36.63 inches in width by 59.25 inches in height
- Maximum User Weight: 325 pounds
- Weight When Shipped: 250 pounds
- Power Source: AC adapter included
To get a better understanding on how well the ProForm Pro 1000 treadmill will perform for you, you need to consider the technical features, computer components and on-board and compatible programming.
Here are some of the more detailed trainer features.
- The ProForm Pro 1000 Treadmill is compatible with iFit technology. This is a subscription-based service that lets you track your workouts and progress, get helpful nutrition and wellness tips and workout with interactive technology to beat the workout boredom blues. It is powered by Google Maps, and you can share your results with the interactive iFit member community for support.
- The on-board workout fan has two distinct settings; you will keep cool and comfortable during the entire duration of your workout.
- Pulse sensor heart rate monitors give an accurate readout to determine if you are your maximum fat-burning and target zone.
- The twenty-two, built-in workout programs are preset into the machine and were designed by certified personal trainers.
- The six-inch backlit display is easy to read, well lit and displays clear results as you are working out.
- You will enjoy streaming your music or favorite shows through the Pro 1000’s Intermix Acoustics speaker sound system.
- The built-in programs are available with the touch of a button for a quick workout, or you can tap into the iFit programming for a more comprehensive workout.
The ProForm Sport 1000 was designed to give you a head-to-toe workout with supreme comfort in mind.
The 3.0 CHP Mach Z motor is of commercial-grade quality; this allows you to run it for longer periods of time without compromising the machine. If you love sprinting or running, interval training and high inclines, this treadmill’s motor is a force to be reckoned with during your workout.
The ProShox cushioning absorbs significant impact to the joints by 28 percent, and it reduces the risk of injury and wear to your muscles and tendons. The automated incline has a one-touch capacity that is easy to enable as you are running or walking fast. It also automatically adjusts during the preset and iFit workout programs.
The built-in programs and iFit technology offer variety to keep your workouts from becoming stagnant; set it, and forget it. You can also have complete control over your workout and create your own interval training program with the one-touch speed and incline buttons.
The ProForm Pro 1000 Treadmill comes with the protection of a lifetime frame and motor warranty. You also get an impressive three-year warranty on part. The one-year labor warranty is a standard offering in the fitness equipment industry.
Shipping and Assembly
In-home assembly and setup is not traditionally offered with ProForm products. Many third-party distributors, brick-and-mortar shops, home-shopping networks and online stores carry ProForm products. Individual companies and smaller retailers may offer a white-glove, in-home delivery and setup option, but it may require an additional fee on top of the cost of the ProForm Pro 1000 treadmill.
It may be best to have at least two people on hand when the ProForm 1000 is scheduled to be delivered to your home or office. It is rather heavy, and the box is very large. With two people, you can expect the setup to take about an hour or two. Installing the computer components seems to be the most difficult part of the setup process.
What We Like
- The 22 preset workouts range from casual walks to vigorous sprints and varied interval training at various inclines.
- The one-touch incline puts you in complete control of your workout.
- The track’s cushioning gives you a comfortable workout that minimizes impact resistance to keep your joints safe.
- The audio has a great quality sound, and the on-board fan has a great output of airflow.
- If you shop direct from ProForm, you get a great warranty package. The warranty package offering may vary slightly depending on the retailer you select.
- The space-saving design features a hydraulic lift that makes it virtually effortless to lift and fold away.
What We Dislike
- The quality of this particular treadmill does not justify the price point at some retailers. Many online shops and sports stores mark this particular up quite a bit more than comparable treadmills. The rollers are not as large on the ProForm 1000 Pro as they are on some other models, and they require regular lubricating. This treadmill is best suited for individual, and not family, use.
- The grip heart monitors are not the most accurate. A chest-strap monitor would give better results, but the ProForm pro 1000 treadmill is compatible with a chest strap.
The Last Word: Is ProForm Pro 1000 Treadmill Worth Buying?
For the price, there are better treadmills on the market. If you are looking for a treadmill with all the basic bells and whistles, the ProForm Pro 1000 Treadmill is a great starter unit. It is easy to maneuver and folds up nicely. It has great built-in programs and on-board comfort features.
Other Treadmills reviewed by us: