The ProForm Pro 2000 treadmill is a versatile piece of fitness equipment for walkers, joggers, and runners of all fitness levels. It is specifically designed to burn calories, promote cardio endurance and improve real-road conditioning.
The easy-to-use treadmill features advanced exercise technologies to help everyone in your family reach their fitness goals. It is a combination of an electronic fitness instructor and fitness equipment.
Priced under $1500, it is one of the cheapest treadmill of the ProForm Pro Series.
Considering all of its features and capabilities, it’s a good buy.
Other treadmills with similar features can cost more on the fitness market.
A Little About The ProForm Company
The company keeps informed about the latest exercise technologies and research to bring better performing fitness equipment to the consumers.
In its 30 years in business, ProForm has managed to obtain 100s of patents for its exclusive features.
As a leader in the fitness equipment industry, its goal has been to help families get into shape and stay that way. “We are passionate about helping others find success, and we continually lead the industry by staying on the forefront of fitness and providing the most effective workout possible,” according to the ProForm website.
Let’s discuss the basic technical info of the ProForm Pro 2000 treadmill. This info describes the overall construction of the treadmill. Knowing the technical specifications help you determine how well the treadmill will fit into your home, how much activity it can take and if you will be comfortable using it.
- Motor: 3.5 CHP Mach Z Commercial
- Belt: 22” x 60” Commercial Non-Stretch 1-Ply Tread Belt
- Rollers: 2.5” Rear, 1.9 in. Front, Precision Balanced Non-Flex Rollers
- Weight: 320 lbs.
- Step-Up Height: 12 inches
- Footprint: 39.5 in. wide x 77.2 in. long x 70 in. tall
- Frame: Steel
- Power Requirements: 120 Volt, 60 Hz
The Pro 2000 has a solid, sturdy steel frame that will last and provide strong support.
It is heavier compared to regular treadmills. However, the heavier the treadmill, the more action it can withstand.
ProForm PRO 2000 Treadmill is packed with technologies and features to make workouts challenging and diverse.
The treadmill’s special features make it easy to operate, easy to track your progress and provide comfort elements.
Let’s begin with the treadmill’s features.
Then, move on to the computer features.
The treadmill was created with a variety of ProForm exclusive features that’ll help you save space, get comfortable and burn more calories.
- 12 MPH Running Speed – The Pro2000 can handle up to 12 miles per hour of fierce running speed due to its large 3.5 CHP Mach Z Commercial motor and speedy flywheel gear ratio. With the in-home efficiency booster, runners can dash daily without using outrageous amounts of electricity. Additionally, the Quick Speed Control allows you to quickly adjust the speed level without scrolling to your desired speed setting.
- As you’ve seen in the technical info, the ProForm Pro 2000 treadmill is a large that will take up a lot of space. The SpaceSaver Design with EasyLift Assist makes it easy to fold away after you’ve finished your workout.
- 0%-15% Incline Adjustment – The higher your incline range, the more calories you can burn in a short amount of time. Using the Quick Incline Control, you can easily control your incline range from 0%-15%.
- 0%-3% Decline Adjustment – This feature gives you a complete real-world training experience. In fact, many half marathons and full marathons have a negative grade. So downhill training is important. Jogging, walking and running at a -3% decline strengthens and prepares the body for a marathon or just walking downstairs.
- 300-Pound Weight Capacity – Users up to 300 pounds can use this treadmill.
- CoolAire Fan – A workout can take your breath away. The CoolAire Fan is a nice way of giving it back to you.
- Tablet Holder – Now, you can access training tools or watch your favorite TV shows on your tablet using the handy tablet holder. ProForm positioned the tablet holder above the LCD screen to help you maintain proper posture and shoulder alignment.
- Audio System – ProForm Pro 2000 has an audio auxiliary port and two 3 inch speakers with volume control. You can connect your MP3 Player or iPod to it and listen to some of your favorite music while exercising.
- Storage Compartments – There are two bottle holders so you can stay hydrated and an accessory holder to store small items you may have in your pockets.
- ProShox Cushioning – All ProForm treadmills have a cushioning system with four shock absorbers to help reduce stress to the hips, knees, ankles and feet while walking, jogging or running.
- Aerobic & Anaerobic Zones – When you train in the aerobic zone, you’ll start to develop stamina while burning up your body’s stored energy. In the anaerobic zone, you will eventually better your time and speed.
- Oversized 7” Backlit LCD Display – You can keep an eye on your progress with the large, illuminated display.
- Heart Rate Monitor Chest Strap – Monitoring your heart is important if you want to reach your fitness goals. The wireless chest strap with bluetooth connection transfers information about your heart to the LCD display screen while you exercise.
- Compatible With iFit Coach – The iFit Coach is an exercise technology that brings the trails of international places to your workout. Simply press the start button. Then, download a route from Google Maps or create your own and start exercising. Pro2000 instantly recreates the route by adjusting the incline. Additionally, you get access to unlimited workouts for beginners to professionals.
- Pre-Programmed Workouts – Once you step onto the Pro2000 deck, you have access to 32 complete, professional workout programs. The ProForm Pro offers challenging Calorie Burn, Speed, Incline, High Intensity and Mixed workouts. Just choose a workout program, press start and go.
The Pro 2000 keeps you well-informed about your workout statistics. It offers a variety of tracking features to help you reach your fitness goals.
The ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill Tracks:
- Your walking, jogging or running speed
- How many miles you’ve completed
- The amount of calories burned
- Heart rate
- Intensity levels
- Incline percentage
- Decline percentage
A good warranty will protect your investment. The ProForm PRO 2000 Treadmill warranty includes:
- Frame: Lifetime Protection
- Motor: Lifetime Protection
- Parts: 5 years
- Labor: 2 years
Shipping & Assembly Details
The ProForm Pro 2000 treadmill is available for purchase directly from the manufacturer’s website and other online stores like Amazon.
We recommend it to purchase from Amazon as it’s cheaper there with free shipping.
On ProForm’s website, it offers curbside delivery service.
Curbside delivery service means the treadmill is left at the end of your driveway. It’s your responsibility to bring it inside your home.
Assembly is required. It does come with the Proform Pro 2000 manual to help you assemble it and figure out how it works. However, ProForm does offer an in-home delivery assembly service in many locations as a part of your purchase.
You have to contact their customer service department to see if it is available for your location.
On To The Opinions:
So far, we’ve discussed the treadmill features, computer features, workout data, warranty information, shipping and assembly details. Now, let’s discuss what’s good and what’s not about the ProForm Pro 2000.
A good thing about The Pro 2000 is that people of all fitness levels can use it without feeling overwhelmed.
The engineering is precise and well-thought out. Its heavy steel construction and commercial grade motor makes it stable, durable and prolongs how long it lasts.
The ProForm Pro 2000 offers an adjustable decline feature as well as an adjustable incline feature. Some treadmills on the market today only have an incline feature. With the Pro 2000, you can train and strengthen your body for downhill skiing, marathons or just walking downstairs.
For anyone that steps aboard the deck and doesn’t know where to start, there are a variety of pre-programmed workouts to help get you started.
Another good feature is the ProShox Cushioning System with four shock absorbers. The system eliminates stress from the lower body so you can exercise longer without discomfort.
It’s iFit Coach Ready to give you access to LiveCast Classes, Personalized Nutrition, GlobeTrek Workouts and more. A subscription is required.
Other goodies about the Pro 2000 are the detailed tracking features, easy folding deck for space-saving storage, handlebars with hand-grip sensors, wireless chest strap for monitoring heart rate, audio system, CoolAire Workout Fan, Quick Controls for easy accessibility and an outstanding warranty.
The Not So Good:
Since in-home delivery assembly service isn’t available everywhere, bringing this bad boy by yourself will pose a problem. This treadmill weighs over 300 pounds. ProForm should offer white glove delivery service instead of curbside.
Based on online reviews, some customers were dissatisfied with ProForm’s packaging and customer service. A few people didn’t receive all the treadmill’s parts and had a difficult time trying to get the missing parts. Some others were given the runaround by customer support when trying to resolve an issue.
Another disappointing fact is that you will need to purchase a monitor to use iFit. A monitor is sold separately and runs about $99. So, that is an extra expense.
Final Verdict: Is ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill any Reliable?