The Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike is one of the most popular exercise bikes on the market right now. In our in-depth review, we’ll cover all of its major features, pros and cons and most importantly if it’s worth buying in 2020?
It is extremely affordable when it comes to the price. There are a lot of great features that come jam-packed with the bike. You can enjoy 22 pre-programmed workouts with user-friendly smart console.
The good recumbent trainer supports 2 user profiles with latest heart rate monitoring system. When you decide to buy the Schwinn 230, you get the opportunity to add a premium recumbent bike to your home gym.
Before writing this in-depth review, we tested and asked questions on your behalf to perfectly ensure if Schwinn is worth your time and money.
Continue reading and enjoy the full Recumbent Bike Review below:
Here are some of the technical facts:
- Length: 64-inches
- Width: 27.7-inches
- Height: 49.9-inches
- Assembled weight: 81.6 pounds
- Power requirement: Standard wall outlet: 110V-120V circuit; AC power adapter included.
The 230 Recumbent Bike offers a very solid and comfortable user experience every time you decide to workout. The more high-quality features a recumbent exercise bike offers, the better are your chances of sticking with the workout program.
If you choose to buy the bike, you get:
- Ventilated, contoured seats with lumbar-friendly backrests.
- Track time, distance and your calorie goals using the smart bike console.
- A high-speed inertia drive system with perimeter-weighted flywheel.
- State-of-the-art, heavy-duty walk-through frame for best stability during heavy workouts.
- Durable Adjustable Seat Rail Slider System.
- Ergonomic handlebars interface with accurate heart rate sensors.
- Bike console can be customized to collect activity data on maximum two users.
- Water bottle holder designed for left or right mount.
- Good quality transport wheels make moving the bike fairly easy.
- Adjustable 3-speed fan on the exercise bike keeps bikers cool during the intense workout.
- Easy-to-read DualTrack™ 2 LCD screen system.
- Streamlined bike console is smart and simple to understand.
- USB data transfer functionality interfaces with Schwinn Connect™.
- MP3 and iPod® connectivity plus in-console speakers.
- Handy Media Shelf for books, magazines and other devices.
- 22 Pre-Set Exercise Programs ranging from beginner level to advanced users.
- 20 Levels of Eddy Current Brake (ECB) Computer-Assisted Intensity Resistance.
- 4 Customizable Heart-Rate Monitoring programs and 2 fitness assessment tests.
Workout Data Collection
From the moment, you start using the 230 Recumbent Bike, it begins to collect and outputs the following set of precise data:
- It tracks the amount of time you spent on the exercise bike.
- Assesses and adjusts resistance levels.
- Counts and reports per-minute revolutions.
- Tracks distance traveled and at what speed.
- Keeps record on Watts of Power it consumes.
- Keeps an eye on the pulse rate monitoring.
- And yes, the Schwinn exercise bike also counts the number of calories you burn so you always stay motivated to stay fit and healthy.
The Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike offers an excellent warranty coverage.
There’s a life-time guarantee on the bike frame; a two-year warranty on mechanical issues and one-year of protection on the electrical parts.
Moreoever, if you find a labor-related issue within the first 90-days of buying the bike, the company will cover the all the troubleshooting cost for you absolutely free.
You can also purchase the extended coverage when you order the Schwinn 230.
Shipping and Assembly Details
The Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike almost weighs 96 pounds. So, it’s kinda heavy and can cost you shipping fee when you order it online. The total shipping cost is calculated based on your physical location and your chosen online store policy.
When you want to assemble the bike, you’ve got 2 options. You can either complete the process yourself by reading the step-to-step instructions manual provided by Schwinn® or you can either opt for the “Expert Assembly” when you order from Amazon. With Expert Assembly, a professional will book an appointment and perform a complete bike installation at your chosen location.
Assembling the bike can be a bit time consuming, if you decide to do it yourself. But, you’ll be greatly impressed by Schwinn’s fully-illustrated diagrams that take you through the whole process step-by-step. You can easily assemble the pieces of recumbent bike within 1 hour and 30 minutes if you do it alone.
If you’ve hired a professional, you just need to sit and wait until the exercise bike is ready to use. You don’t need to even lift a finger. Once assembly process is complete, enjoy riding the 230 Recumbent Bike for the best workout at home.
What We Liked
Is the Schwinn 230 the best recumbent bike in the world? It probably is, but this topic is covered in another detailed review and comparison of the 10 Top Rated recumbent bikes on the market.
- For our current review, we can conclude with great confidence that 230 Recumbent Bike delivers an intense high quality workout experience that won’t compromise the health of your bones and joints.
- The budget-friendly recumbent bike offers some of most highly-rated features that provide top value of money to the buyers.
- The bike console is very dynamic and and offers plenty of great connectivity features.
- We’re not sure if everyone needs 22 pre-programmed workouts, however this huge variety provides better options and nice value of money for both beginners and advanced cyclers.
- With this recumbent bike, you can download data generated by the workout activity to get a crystal clear picture of your overall performance. The precision and accuracy of this useful data ensures that you stick with your ultimate fitness goals and keep yourself motivated to achieve them.
- Finally, we really love the impressive built-quality and modern design of the Schwinn 230. That said, it may not withstand the biggest meteor attack, but it will perfectly accompany you on your fitness journey.
- It offers some of the most leading features in the exercise bike industry that deserve special mention such as the high-inertia, high-speed weighted flywheel and 20 levels of Eddy Current Brake resistance engineered to stick around for the long haul. On top of that, you get all these good options in this highly-rated recumbent bike on the market.
What We Disliked
- As amazing as those ergonomically-contoured handle grips may be on the Schwinn 230, they may not compensate for a heart rate chest strap monitor which is one of the biggest selling points of the Schwinn 270 and other superior recumbent bikes that earn 5 star consumer reviews. You’ll have to firmly hold down those handle grips to get an accurate heart rate reading when using the bike.
- Some buyers found it to be uncomfortably small for their height and body size.
- Few customers reported to have problems with the plastic seat. We can feel their pain, but if you really want the most affordable and budget-friendly recumbent bike, you need to tolerate the plastic use.
- If you’re tall or overweight, the 230 may not be the perfect recumbent bike for you! If you can’t work with the bike pedals or the seat rail doesn’t extend as much as you want, it can turn out to be a bad fit for you. Do you weigh more than 300-pounds? Better shed some fat before you buy the bike or look for other higher-end models for the money.