The Schwinn 270 Recumbent bike is the bigger brother of Schwinn 230 with latest features and added functionality. You won’t be able to find much difference by just looking at the two bikes as they both appear exactly the same. However, there are some major and minor technical differences between the two models which makes 270 Recumbent bike overall better than the Schwinn 230.
As far as major differences are concerned, you will find that 270 Recumbent Bike has more pricing, workout programs, resistance levels and comes with a heart rate monitor. The minor differences include such as having a more comfortable seat, 2 additional user profiles, crank, oversize pedals and slightly heavier bike weight.
In our best recumbent bikes review, we rated the Schwinn 270 as one of our Top choice on the market. It is because of its high-quality construction and excellent features when compared to other bikes in similar price range.
Now, let’s have a look at the detailed features, specifications, our likes and dislikes. At the end of review, we will conclude if the Schwinn 270 is still worth buying in 2021 or you should look for other options that provide better value for your money.
- Height: 49.9 inches’ high
- Width: 27.7 inches’ wide
- Length: 64 inches’ long
- Frame: One-piece walkthrough steel frame
- Assembled Product Weight: 86.6 pounds
- 29 Workout Programs for Maximum Workout Functionality
- 25 Levels of Resistance enable users to easily switch at multiple intensity levels and challenges
- The High Inertia Driving System capable to reach top speeds to ensure a comfortable and steady workout
- Heart Rate Monitoring system enabled on stainless steel parts of handle grips
- Chest Strap Connectivity function also included
- High-speed Bluetooth Connectivity that allows you to connect with Schwinn Trainer App and other similar apps like MyFitnessPal for accurate track of fitness activity.
- Ride Social App sync capability enables users to ride the recumbent bike in real time virtual environment.
- USB Type Media Charging Port
- Comfortable padded seat with adjustment handle
- Perforated Seat Back for air
- Media tray to make your workout more fun and entertaining (put your phone or tablet to watch media)
- In-console speakers with MP3 or iPod Compatible Port
- Adjustable 3-speed control cooling fan
- Water bottle holder to keep you fully hydrated during workout
- Wheels included to make the bike easily moveable
- Foot Pedals with Strap Adjustment Mechanism for added safety
- User Weight Capacity: 300 pound (136 kg)
- Power Circuit: 110V-120V
Full Console and Computer Functions:
- Schwinn Dual Track™ Display (upper and lower) with Touch Controls for Easy Navigation
- Bluetooth Connectivity to sync with MyFitnessPal and Schwinn Trainer App
- Each Workout Session is downloadable
- Remote Heart Rate Monitor (Telemetry HR signals reading capability)
- Contact Heart Rate Sensors (CHR installed on Handle Bars)
- Power Up and Auto-Shut off mode
- A set of 12 profile programs comprising of 4 fun rides, 4 mountain terrains and 4 other challenges
- Workout Profile and Goal Program
- Fitness Test program to improve overall physical fitness
- Recovery Test Program to analyse heart recovery from exercise to restful phase
- Heart Rate Control Workout Programs
- Goal Track Stats for each user profile
Upper Level Display Shows:
- Intervals, resistance and grid area
- Intensity and level of workout at Selected resistance
- Heart Rate Zone with heart rate values
- Goal and achievement percentage
- User profile currently selected
- Milestone Achievement
Lower Level Display Shows:
- Resistance Level
- Pedal Revolutions in each minute (RPM)
- Beats per minute (BPM)
- Calories burnt during workout
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike comes with a 10-year warranty on the frame. There is also a two-year warranty on mechanical parts, one year for electrical and 3 months for labor.
Shipping and Assembly:
The shipping cost can vary based on your provided location and kind of delivery. We always recommend our readers to look for online retailers that offer free shipping right to your door step. A free shipping can help you save good money on something as heavy as the 270 Recumbent Bike.
When it comes to assembling, the process is very straight forward. However, you need to allocate one or two hours to get this job done. You will probably need help from another person if you can’t do it alone. All you need is to follow the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in the instructions manual. Schwinn® uses lots of diagrams with assembly instructions to make reading material easier for you to understand. You will need a set of Allen wrenches and Philips head screw drivers to turn the bolts and nuts together.
In the end, make sure you level the machine on a horizontal surface and follow all safety precautions. This will ensure healthy workout and avoid risk of injury. Once done, you are all set to enjoy riding the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike and focus on your fitness goals.
What We Liked
What we really love about the 270 Recumbent Bike is its overall built-quality, multiple workout programs and ability to connect wirelessly with key fitness apps nowadays. When using the bike, you won’t get bored and able to connect with the outside world using the Ride Social App. The media shelf, 3-Speed Cooling fan and adjustable seat make your workout a lot more pleasant and refreshing.
The 270 Recumbent Bike also enables you to monitor your workout activity and compare it with your fitness goals. The large computer console contains multiple programs to take your workout routine to the next level. We really like heart rate monitoring system and CHR functions. Overall you get an innovative recumbent bike that suits not only beginners but also the advanced users.
- Impressive Console – It provides a lot of value for the money when it comes to the console and its functions. It’s one of the most sophisticated consoles we’ve seen in this specific price range. The 29 workout programs, heart rate functions and connectivity with fitness apps is something that we usually see in the higher-end models from brands like Sole Fitness. With all these tech-enriched features combined in the dual display console, the Schwinn 270 is definitely our recommended buy for 2021.
- Top-Notch Quality – When buying the 270, you can be sure of one thing and that’s the Top-notch quality of their fitness machine. The manufacturer “Schwinn” has a history of being a pioneer in cycling industry. Their legacy is more than 100 years old and they have set industry benchmarks in the past for competitor brands to follow.
What We Don’t Like