Are you looking for an unbiased review of Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike? You have landed at the right page. We hope this review will help make an informed decision.
Cycling is a liberating activity. It is an amazing feeling when you’re flying down the street on a bike with the world behind you as the wind blows across your face. Also, it’s an excellent low-stress form of aerobic exercise.
Hectic lifestyles, however, prevent most people from cycling on the open road as much as they want. That’s where an in-home exercise bike, like the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike can come into play.
The Schwinn Recumbent Bike is a popular piece of fitness equipment among fitness enthusiasts. It’s engineered by a reputable American company that has been making bikes since 1895.
The retail price is $699.99, but it’s currently being sold for $499.00 by several stores, including Amazon. It’s not a bad price considering all its features and capabilities.
A sturdy exercise bike begins with a well-made structure. It has to withstand speed cycles and weight without buckling under pressure.
This technical report will explore the structural information of the Schwinn 270.
- Height: 49.9 inches’ high
- Width: 27.7 inches’ wide
- Length: 64 inches’ long
- Frame: One-piece walkthrough steel frame
- Assembled Product Weight: 86.6 pounds
In other words, the recumbent exercise bike stands about four feet tall, two feet wide and five feet long. As you can see, this fitness machine will take up some space in your home.
It’s bigger in all aspects compared to exercise bikes with cheaper price tags. Although it weighs more than lower priced bikes, it’s not as heavy as one would expect.
Schwinn gave it a steel walkthrough frame with two wheels in the front area, large mid-frame support and two integrated levellers and the back. The structural design is intended to provide stability to prevent the bike from rocking every time it’s used.
Exercise Bike Features
Some features will help you achieve a thorough workout, while others will make you comfortable during a workout. Now, let’s cover this recumbent bike features.
- High-speed flywheel drive system
- Three-piece crank pedal system
- Ergonomically-positioned handlebars
- Aluminium slider seat rail system
- Seat back with lumbar support
- Padded seat
- USB charging port
- Acoustic chamber speakers
- Three-speed cooling fan
- Media shelf for holding tablets, iPads, smartphones, etc.
- Supports a weight capacity of up to 300 pounds
It’s a fact that using an exercise bike can improve the flexibility and range of motion of muscles. However, it can do much more. According to Spine-Health.com, “Aerobic exercise on stationary bikes improve cardiovascular health and circulation.”
With the high-speed flywheel drive system, you can get a thorough, quieter workout that will help you achieve better health and flexibility.
The pedal system with the three-piece crank has wide pedals and straps for more comfortable foot positioning. After you sit down, your back is propped up by a large vented back area with lumbar support. A padded seat with contoured leg region supports your bottom and legs while you’re cycling.
Aluminium slider seat rail system allows you to adjust the seat backward or forwards to accommodate your height.
Internal Computer Features
- Two Schwinn DualTrack blue backlit LCD displays
- 29 preloaded exercise programs (12 profile programs, eight heart rate programs, four custom programs, two fitness test programs, one quick start program and more.)
- 25 levels of resistance
- Telemetry enabled heart rate (chest strap not included)
- Bluetooth compatibility
- RideSocial App (a virtual reality app that allows you to ride the trails from around the globe at home.)
Tracks Your Progress
It’s important to keep track of your progress on an exercise bike because it helps you reach your fitness goals. Schwinn installed two LCD screens that provide 13 different feedbacks, including time, distance, heart rate and calories.
Additionally, Bluetooth transfers your workout data to the free Schwinn Trainer App. This app can be downloaded to your phone where you’ll be able to view your data.
Four users can use the Schwinn Recumbent Bike. So, three of your family members can use it, and it will store track and store their workout data.
Schwinn is a top company that’s known for making good fitness products. However, any fitness company can engineer equipment that can malfunction.
Always check the warranty for any piece of fitness equipment before purchasing. A warranty covers the product in case something breaks or malfunctions.
Here’s the warranty on the stationary recumbent bike:
- The frame has a 10-year warranty.
- Mechanical problems and parts have two years of coverage.
- Electronics have one year of coverage.
- Labor has only 90 days of coverage.
If you want to extend your warranties, Schwinn offers extended warranty plans for this bike.
The three-year protection plan covers parts and labor for three years, and the five-year protection plan cover parts and labor for five years.
Shipping & Assembly
Schwinn offers free standard shipping for every state in the U.S.A., except Alaska and Hawaii for a limited time on the website.
Typically, it takes up to nine days to receive the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike. There’s no special delivery service available. You can order directly from the company’s website or use Amazon.
You will find no difference of price no matter if you order from official website or Amazon. However, we always recommend to buy from Amazon for convenience and added benefits.
For an extra $129, you can add the in-home assembly service to your purchase if you order from the Schwinn website. This service offers the following:
- Move boxes to the room of your choice. However, it’s your responsibility to use the technical info to determine whether it will fit through the passages in your home.
- A qualified technician will fully assemble the Schwinn 270.
- Empty boxes and packaging materials get removed and thrown away.
Let’s bring it altogether by discussing the great things about the Schwinn 270 and the not so great things.
The Good Stuff
- Overall, the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike will help you lose weight, get into shape, improve cardiovascular health and circulation.
- A high-speed flywheel drive system and wide straps and foot pedals help you go the distance on this recumbent bike. Additionally, the cushioned seat glides back and forth to give you the best fit for your height.
- You can vary your workout by accessing any of the 29 preloaded exercise programs, ranging from heart rate control programs to calorie-burn. A little variety added to your workout challenges your body to help it reach goals and keep in shape.
- There are 25 levels of resistance to increase your intensity levels.
- Resistance can help you reach fitness goals faster. Also, another good thing is that it supports up to 300 pounds.
- You can view your workout data on the two LCD screens and upload it to your smartphone and other devices thanks to the Bluetooth connectivity.
- There are a few amenities to keep you comfortable, such as a fan, a USB charging port, media shelf and dual speakers. You can place your tablet or smartphone on the media shelf, connect to the USB and start listening to your favourite music.
- In-Home Assembly is optional and costs extra, but at least that option is available to you. Also, the frame has a 10-year warranty.
The Bad Stuff
- Although the seat slides, it still may not accommodate people over 6 feet 1 inches tall. So, the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike may not be suitable for tall people.
- The parts and electronics warranty doesn’t last too long, and the labour warranty is even shorter. Also, there are no extended warranty plans for the electronics.
- An extended warranty plan is only for parts and labour. It is an additional cost that some folks may not want to pay.
Final Verdict: Is Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Worth Buying?
Other Recumbent Bikes reviewed by us: