If you ask any fitness enthusiast, they have probably heard about Total Gym. In 1976, a TV commercial aired introducing it to the public. Since then, it has become a household name.
Through the years, Total Gym has evolved, transforming from just an incline trainer to a strength training, stretching and Pilates fitness machine. Several celebrities have endorsed the Total Gym over the years, including Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley. However, these celebrities were in shape before they got paid to endorse it. Celebrity endorsement of exercise equipment doesn’t prove that it can deliver results.
The Total Gym 1400 Deluxe Home Gym is one of the most popular variations of this fitness machine. Typically, it runs under $300. It is a complete workout machine designed to strengthen and tone several major muscle groups at the same time.
- Product Materials: Steel and plastic
- Product Weight: About 75 pounds
- Weight Limit: Supports up to 250 pounds
- Length: 92.5 inches
- Height: 43.25 inches
- Width: 16 inches
- Folded dimensions: 56″ x 19″ x 10″
Simply put, the Total Gym 1400 has a durable steel frame and high-quality plastic components. Although, it weighs around 75 pounds, it can support users up to 250 pounds.
When it’s fully assembled and stretched out, it is about seven feet long, three feet high and 16 inches wide. Consequently, this fitness machine requires plenty of space. Thankfully, the space-saving design allows you to fold it up and store it away.
Total Gym 1400 Features
- Solid, durable steel frame with plastic components make up its construction.
- Let’s you perform over 60 different exercises, including cardio, stretch, toning and strength training.
- Get a complete workout in 10-20 minutes.
- It provides eight adjustable levels of resistance.
- Beginners, intermediates and advanced users from eight to 80 can use this fitness machine.
- A safety hitch pin lets you fold it up for storing.
- The fitness machine comes with a variety of accessories to help you get the most out of any workout. Some of the included accessories are adjustable handlebars, set of dip bars, short pins, foot board, owner’s manual, exercise manual, flash cards with exercises from the manual, clipboard to attach flashcards, exercise flip chart, nutrition guide and Total Gym Exercise DVD.
The Total Gym 1400 has earned the name “deluxe” for a reason. It’s fully loaded with accessories and offers 60 exercises and adjustable resistance levels. Best of all, you can achieve an entire workout in 20 minutes or less.
If you don’t know where to start with Total Gym 1400 Deluxe, the Total Gym Workout DVD will help you get a hang of things. The 50-minute DVD features 18 different exercises taught by a fitness instructor.
Exercising isn’t enough to maintain a healthy lifestyle. You have to eat right in conjunction with exercise to reach your fitness goals. With the nutrition guide, you can start making better food choices.
The Total Gym 1400 comes with a one-year warranty.
Shipping & Assembly
If you’re interested in purchasing the Total Gym 1400 Deluxe, it’s available on Amazon for under $300. Typically, shipping costs for items in this price range on Amazon is free.
Perhaps, you’re one of those people who has trouble putting things together using an instruction manual.
The Total Gym 1400 comes assembled inside its packaging. Simply, open the box, unfold the it up and start exercising. No tools required.
Some customers, however, have reported that they had to connect some of the accessories to the machine when it arrived.
Opinions: The Good and The Bad
It’s time to discuss what the good points and the bad points about the Total Gym 1400 fitness machine.
The Good Stuff:
- A good thing about the Total Gym 1400 is that you can tone and strengthen several muscle groups in your body at the same time. For some users, there’s no need for other exercise equipment because your entire body gets a thorough workout. With over 60 different exercises, you can lose weight, keep in shape and get in a good cardio workout.
- Sometimes, you need to challenge yourself and your body during a workout by increasing your intensity levels. The eight adjustable levels of resistance will help you transform a basic workout into a fierce one.
- Unlike many other fitness equipment, the Total Gym 1400 Deluxe comes with multiple accessories that will enhance your workout experience. For instance, the nutrition guide will help you develop healthy eating habits.
- Including the Total Gym Exercise DVD was a cool touch because you don’t have to figure out how to perform the exercises alone. Simply, pop it into your DVD player. A fitness instructor is there to motivate you and help you to start using the fitness machine with confidence.
- From the exterior view of this exercise machine, it may look a bit intimidating at first. However, beginners to advanced users from eight to 80 will find this machine easy to use.
- Its space-saving design makes it foldable for storing out of the way. Additionally, the Total Gym 1400 arrives assembled.
The Bad Stuff:
Most Amazon customers have posted raving reviews about the Total Gym 1400 Deluxe. Nonetheless, there are some customers that has some bad reviews.
- Some customers complained about the quality of the product. After receiving the fitness machine, they found cracked plastic rollers and bent brackets.
- A few customers didn’t like the folding design. They felt that it was too difficult to fold away, and it took up time. Furthermore, some people didn’t like the quality of the welding.
- The weight limit of 250 pounds may not be sufficient for some people who want to buy the fitness machine.