Let us begin by making one thing clear; physical fitness is something that should be accessible to everybody, period. It isn’t just for people who can afford to drop $5000 on an uber-exclusive device, or who have access to a massive facility with dedicated trainers but only for those who can sign a binding and complicated contract. The benefits of working out and developing the human body belong to everyone who has the ability and time to work out, and that is why machines like the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill exist.
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 is a simple, effective way for people on a budget to begin moving, every day, in their own homes. As a bonus, the Cadence has a surprising number of features packed into a very price-conscious frame. It doesn’t have everything, and does have genuine limitations, but it has a variety of options that make it worthwhile for people on a budget to consider.
Per our usual, let’s begin with a review of the specifications of this treadmill.
- Height: 55.5” (141 cm)
- Width: 29” (73.6 cm)
- Length: 64.5” (164 cm)
- Weight: 117 lbs (53 kg)
- Running Surface: 16”x 50” (40.6 cm x 127 cm)
In other words, this treadmill is four and a half feet tall, five and a half long, and over two feet wide. On top of this, it has a simple, fold-up space that reduces the floor space it takes up when not being used. We wouldn’t go so far as to recommend it for dorm room usage, or single-room/efficiency apartment usage, but space can be made in a small apartment or any multi-room home with this feature.
The less technical features of course give users additional information, qualitative and quantitative, to help make better buying decision.
- First, the running surface does have nice padding, called Comfort Cell Cushioning, to reduce the intensity of the impact from using the device.
- However, it must be stressed that using a treadmill is inherently high-impact. The body’s weight comes down on each foot in turn, regardless of what you do.
- Still, it is good to see a modern design that takes impact reduction into account, especially in a budget treadmill model.
- Speed settings from 0-10 MPH, driven by a 2.25 CHP Mach Z motor. This allows the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 to generate a comfortable “jogging” pace at its highest end of performance.
- Two-position manual incline. We’ll come back to this one for more review later on in our Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill Review.
- Thumb Sensor heartrate monitoring.
- Maximum rated user weight of 250 lbs.
Next, we have the electronic features, which are understandable to be not as extensive as those found on the higher-end treadmills, are surprisingly generous for a super cheap treadmill.
- LCD display with Blue Tint. Backlighting has become more common for exercise metrics displays, but given the tendency of many fitness machines to omit what might be considered standard, it is a great feature in any budget-minded treadmill’s favor to include such amenities.
- Workout profiles including weight loss and intensity training options.
- Recorded workout dating including quarter-mile track, time working out, distance covered, and heart rate (both average and current).
Next, we should cover the warranty, which is fairly limited. Again, this is understandable given the Cadence’s price point, but it still needs to be stressed.
- Motor: 1 Year
- Parts: 90 Days
- Labor: 90 Days
Shipping and Assembly
You can get the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill with pulse monitoring by ordering via Amazon.com, which is a convenient method of shopping. Most offers of this treadmill include free shipping, which can be a substantial savings on a physically large order such as a treadmill.
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is available online through Amazon which usually includes free shipping.
Our In-depth Analysis
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 folding treadmill is more or less what it claims to be; a low-cost option for those who want to incorporate a treadmill into their home fitness routine. However, how does it actually perform in that role?
- We like seeing the folding option on a good quality treadmill of any size. Even the smallest treadmill, and with a 55″ walking surface the Weslo is indeed quite small, takes up a substantial amount of space.
- It’s important that workout equipment fit into your life, and the combination of relatively compact size with sensible price can help the Weslo Treadmill to fit in quite nicely.
- Speaking of the price point, there is no doubt that this is a very affordable treadmill. Just 20 years ago, you would be lucky to get a typical treadmill that wasn’t self-powered for under $400.
- The Weslo by contrast does have its own onboard motor, and the owner’s manual even rates it for nice speeds levels that aren’t just a slow walk; up to 10mph.
- That said, 10mph is not running speed. It does enter into jogging or very fast power walking territory, but this is not a top treadmill for runners.
- The parts simply will not accommodate a good, calorie-burning running stride. The running surface is too confined, and the motor won’t go fast enough.
- Similarly, the incline is a limitation. You have to manually adjust between two incline settings, severely limiting the dynamic quality of a fitness workout.
- There are no pre-programmed “hilly” courses you can run, you’re either running flat or running uphill. However, this is to be expected in a low-priced treadmill on the market right now.
- The user weight limit is also a major concern. The 250 pounds is roughly “average” when it comes to males in the United States. We have been getting larger and heavier as a nation, and with increasing obesity, it’s entirely possible that those interested in a low-cost, entry-level treadmills for home might outweigh this option from the beginning.
We see a lot of value in the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 treadmill as a low-cost, decently multifunctional option for those interested in home weight loss at a low intensity. However, those who have long-term plans or a bit of budget flexibility may wish to consider a higher-end model instead.
- Blame Mom For Overweight Kids: Trials Target Maternal Obesity With Probiotics - June 15, 2022
- Best Memory Booster Supplements And Pills To Improve Recall - June 1, 2022
- Buy Legal Steroids and SARMS From CrazyBulk - May 10, 2022