A division of Icon Fitness, the Weslo brand has been manufacturing budget-friendly treadmills and exercise equipment for many years. The Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T treadmill is at the middle of the spectrum among the available treadmills that the company manufactures.
One of the unique standout features that sets the Weslo 5.2T treadmill apart from others in the industry is the upper body resistance bars. You get an effective upper and lower body workout simultaneously, which maximizes your results and accelerates weight loss. The Weslo brand can be found at local discount retailers and brick-and-mortar shops as well as online retailers.
In addition to the upper-body workout bars, the Weslo 5.2T treadmill also features a space-saving design. It is very lightweight, weighing it at only 168 total pounds; it is also easy to maneuver and put together. The 2.5 HP Impulse motor is ideal for shorter workouts, and it gives a smooth ride while working out. The maximum user weight for the Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T is 250 pounds, so this machine is great for anyone maintaining weight loss or looking for a machine to round out a healthy lifestyle.
The Comfort Cell Cushioning System is designed to make running and walking comfortable for your joints and muscles. The overall belt length is a bit shorter than other treadmills on the market, so this machine is great for people of shorter stature. The belt is 16 inches in total width and 47 inches in total length.
When it comes to the console, electronics, on-board programs and specifications, the Weslo 5.2t treadmill delivers a very basic experience; this is great for anyone who does not like muss or fuss when it comes to understanding fitness equipment or is looking for a quick and easy workout. This crosswalk machine delivers speeds of up to 10 mph, and there is a thumb pulse monitor on board to track your heart rate at any point during your workout.
There are two convenient water bottle holders on the Weslo 5.2T Crosswalk treadmill, which is uncommon in the treadmill industry. You can use one space for your water bottle and the other for a rolled-up towel or any extra fitness essentials you may need during your workout.
The one-touch quick keys are very easy to understand and very reactive to touch. The display screen lets you control speed in either direction, and it also has a start button, a stop button, a workout selection button and a priority display.
There are four built-in workout programs to choose from with the Weslo 5.2T Crosswalk treadmill, or you can customize your own workout by increasing or decreasing your speed at your own leisure for interval training. The Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T treadmill has a two-position manual incline for days when you desire a more challenging workout or need to give your joints a rest. The warranty on the Weslo 5.2T treadmill offers 90 days on parts and labor.
What We Like
- The lightweight design makes it space saving and very easy to maneuver.
- The crosswalk bars give you the effects of an elliptical machine in terms of a head-to-toe workout. You can sculpt lean muscle mass and trim the upper arms when you use the bars in conjunction with the treadmill itself. They also tuck away neatly and out of the way when not in use.
- The heart rate sensor is unique in that it only requires you to press your thumb on the targeted sensor. Many people prefer the ease of use of a sensor over hand grips during a workout.
- The price is very affordable for anyone on a budget.
- Motor: 2.25 HP
- Incline: Two adjustable positions
- Running Area: 16 by 47
- Folding: Yes
- Top Speed: 10mph
- Weight Capacity: 250 pounds
- Overall Dimensions: 55 inches in length by 29 inches in width by 68 inches in height
- Built-In Programs: 4
What We Do Not Like
- The console area does not have a workout fan or ample space for magazines, books or additional workout supplies, and the display itself is on the smaller side.
- The overall operational quality is inferior to other treadmills on the market. It is made with inexpensive plastic parts and is not built for long-term use. It makes a great starter treadmill, but it is pretty loud when in operation.
- The 90-day warranty on parts and labor is not good compared to other treadmills on the market.
- The manual incline makes it difficult to do any extensive interval training.